PDA

View Full Version : Threads Missing? Misc. Other Stuff

PaleGringo
03-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Hey Admins.

Was wondering if we had a complete thread port from the old x360a.org site. I'm noticing that some of the more recent threads (like in the GR:AW section) are missing. Could be an optical illusion or my eyes still adjusting to the new site, but I'm guessing not.

Also, I'm finding out that I have to "re-subscribe" to the threads that I've participated in previously, and there seems to be no quick way to "Subscribe All" or anything similar for those particular threads apart from doing it one at a time, and getting a confirmation page in between. A minor annoyance, but I guess I'll have to go back through each forum and each thread to see whether or not I wanted to continue to participate in that discussion.

On a related note, I'm seeing a lower post count than the other site, and that makes me wonder about how I'd be able to find these "lost threads" if they do exist. My initial count is about 125.

Finally (for now), I'm noticing that the images for the :D :o :) and :( smileys are red X'd in the right of the new post window, and this is consistent across all the new posts I've made. Just an FYI.

RoutineX
03-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Regarding the post count:
GT manually edited on the other boards so the 10 top posters had theire count from the .com site from day one. When we moved to these boards the posts was recounted to actual posts. Thats why the numbers have changed.

When we updated the forums, it took about 10 minutes so there could unfortunately be posts that didnt make it on the 10 minute window it took to convert to the new one.

The smilies will be fixed asap. Going to find more as well :D

I'll look into the subscribe thing.

Thank you for the feedback :D

Nukeshell
03-05-2006, 08:08 PM
@PaleGringo: It's a bit annoying to subscribe for every thread again but this way you can subscribe to only the onces you really want. Some of them, like the Aces, ain't threads you want to participate in after you posted your Aces.

PaleGringo
03-06-2006, 06:32 AM
Regarding the post count:
When we updated the forums, it took about 10 minutes so there could unfortunately be posts that didnt make it on the 10 minute window it took to convert to the new one.

Did some more trolling for this kind of stuff and what I noticed was that it's a bit more than 10 minutes worth of posts. There's several threads from mid-February that never made the port; a number of them were in Burnout:Revenge for 360. More were in Over G Fighters. A few were in Ghost Recon.

Out of fear of them being lost forever, is there any chance that we may find them in some archive? I can try to work up specific examples, if it helps at all.

RoutineX
03-06-2006, 09:03 AM
Hmmm,
I can manually check the old database to check for that. I'm not sure if I can post them as the original posters, but i can send them as PM's to them.

Since you mentioned Burnout, Over G and GRAW I'll look over those first :)