PDA

View Full Version : replaying levels carry over to current level?

half
02-23-2010, 03:32 PM
Hi everyone, I know you can reply levels through the RB sub menu. I have missed the LPs for the Odette - Ice Skates (Chapter 6) and Lt. Col Killgore - Rocket Launcher (Chapter 9). My question is, if I replay and find them on chapter 6 & 9 does it automatically carry over into my current chapter 10 that I'm currently playing, i.e can I replay 6 & 9, save, then reload my chapter 10 save with the new weapons carried over.
Or am I expecting a miracle :) for this to happen.

esio gk
02-23-2010, 03:58 PM
It is safer to finish the game first.

If you didn't dinish the game yet, and you'll replay level, you will loose your progress.

half
02-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Thanks, I read elsewhere on another forum that someone else on chapter 14 needs to go back to get weapons on chapter 5 & 9.

He asked:
If I replay those chapters and find them will they carry over into the rest of the chapters im on now?

Reply:
Yes. this game is meant for constant replaying of chapters.

So now I'm a bit confused as to who is correct, can a 2nd person or more confirm this, that would be great. This is my 1st play-through.

MachineZed
02-23-2010, 04:57 PM
I can confirm you can go back and replay a level to get any of the collectibles or alchemy components.
You will not be able to reload to the last auto save in the last level you made it to. You always start out at the beginning of the level.

Svenndarkheart
02-23-2010, 05:01 PM
Yea you can go back and get the things you have missed.

half
02-23-2010, 05:49 PM
That is great, I'm now near the end or middle of level 10. Once I finish it I will save at the start menu of level 11 then replay those levels from the 'RB sub menu'. I love this game even more.
Since it will be saved from the start of level 11 there's nothing lost.

Thanks.

half
02-23-2010, 09:17 PM
Another question:

When I do my replay of chapter 6 & 9 once I collect the missing LPs can I quit back to the chapter select menu or do I have to play all the way to the end again for it to save and carry over to my current chapter 11.

Taiyz
02-23-2010, 11:21 PM
Yes, you can quit as soon as you get something new from a level and keep it; just make sure to save when you get back to the chapter menu. When doing Aflheims I'm not sure if you can quit just after getting the reward, so make sure you've exited the Aflheim's dimension before quitting.

half
02-23-2010, 11:38 PM
Mmm strange I got the missing LPs from chapter 6 and went back to the chapter select menu, then reloaded my save for chapter 11 and the LPs did not carry over, so I didn't get the skates, that's why I asked.

Call me stupid, but I must be doing something wrong? Tried 'continue' assuming it would continue from my current chapter 11 but it started back at 6 instead, so I loaded 11 up and continued. I don't remember an option to save once I came out, just took me back to the menu. May be I selected the wrong option?

MachineZed
02-24-2010, 01:50 AM
I would assume you have to at least complete the next verse. As those make a save. I always made my way to end of the level, you could always use a few more halos, and you unlock a weapon when you play through 100 levels. (the weapon doesn't count for any of the LPs you need/achievements)

half
02-24-2010, 11:36 AM
Ah good point about completing a verse. I was wondering about that. Well I'm on chapter 12 now so when I've finished it I'll go back again. Thanks. Yeap I could do with more halos, I only have a few halos left after buying the Moon of Mahaa-kalaa and Selene's light.

Taiyz
02-25-2010, 12:28 AM
You were saving/loading your game incorrectly. After getting the LP and going back to the chapter menu (you DO NOT have to complete another Verse or anything,) you should've selected Save. It's one of the options besides Chapter Start and The Gates of Hell. You then should've gone into the RB menu and selected your latest chapter to continue playing.

What you did instead, it seems, is went back to the title screen and selected Continue. Continue loads you into your last auto-save, at a checkpoint during a level. This would've been the last checkpoint you triggered before getting the LP.

Then I'm not sure what you did. You either loaded another save for chapter 11 without the LP, or you stuck with the auto-save and went back to the chapter menu and selected 11 as you should have done before this whole mess.

In the future if you want to keep everything together, use the Save option in the chapter menu; you only need one save file, and only select Load from the title screen. Sure you won't be able to use the checkpoints that Continue allows with its auto-saves, but it's how these games have been played since Devil May Cry.

half
02-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Yeap, I've realised that now-I loaded the chapter 11 save instead of selecting the chapter 11 from the 'RB sub menu' to continue. That's where I got confused. I haven't played DMC since the Playstation 2 days.

I've been playing the odd chapter again through the RB sub menu now anyway since I realised and then in the RB menu selecting my latest chapter to continue playing from the start of it. Good explanation from you. Thanks.

;)