PDA

View Full Version : Demo is out. My take

MADasaHatter
02-23-2010, 05:45 PM
D/l the demo, fellas. I can honestly say that I went in wanting this crap to just be handed to some other team, but 2k10 shocked me in the fact that I enjoyed playing it. No sputtering framerates or jarring transitions to the field when a ball is hit. Smooth.

The camera is a little low in the batter's box which makes the ball Roy Halladay throws look more like a major league 92 mph fastball. I'd still like to change it though, maybe make it a bit higher.

The defensive swing is just alright. Haven't really rocked with it much but I can see the uses.

The music blow- no shock there.

Gesturing is different. You get a look of the hot/cold zone then pick your pitch by pressing the face. Then you do a two part gesture for the pitch. The hot/cold zone goes away when you're in gesture mode so while on the mound, you really need to decide where you're going before you throw.

Also, if you screw up a gesture, the computer tells you (it just doesnt give it to the other player and not inform you if they just hit a good pitch). Going even further, a small box pops up on the bottom left showing what you inputted, which is tops.

Little things like hot/cold zones, the new gesturing and the fact that top players can read a ball out of a pitcher's hand is implemented nicely.

Also, fluff-stuff (add-ons that have very little to do with the game, just extra) is actually pretty cool this time around. The instant replay for a swining strike is much like the slo-mo stuff implemented by the mlb during games. You can press X and see it from multiple angles on the fly. Hopefully this replaces dumb replays

The demo alone is better than the two crappy 09, 08, 07's. Try it.

I've also tried it more than once and the demo puts in a new starter for your game. So my second game was fun as Joba Chamberlain got lit up like a xmas tree in Joo-lie.

Deyankees1
02-24-2010, 12:39 AM
It was surprisingly fun I played 5 games and really I still find batting easy won all 5 games by double digits but when the full game comes out I can up the diffeculty I guess. But I cant wait I love the batting camera now more realistic and you get a better view at the ball.

SilverSluggerMZ
02-24-2010, 01:14 AM
I just REALLY hope the online isn't glitchy and laggy.

MADasaHatter
02-24-2010, 01:42 AM
I just REALLY hope the online isn't glitchy and laggy.

I hated this.

And the weird phantom tag bug is still around. Chasing down someone in a rundown with zero results.

SilverSluggerMZ
02-24-2010, 01:48 AM
I hated this.

And the weird phantom tag bug is still around. Chasing down someone in a rundown with zero results.

YES. I just want to be able to WANT to play the online after a week of being released. I don't want to hate the online.

Tailz
02-24-2010, 04:48 AM
I'm praying they did something cool with Online teams and building them with trading cards like Madden Ultimate Team does.

Deyankees1
02-24-2010, 09:20 PM
I'm praying they did something cool with Online teams and building them with trading cards like Madden Ultimate Team does.

How does Madden Ultimate team work I never played around with that since I rented Madden.

mickspawn
02-24-2010, 10:19 PM
it looked really good from the pre demo gameplay videos.. i wonder if i can get the demo in australia.. hmmmz

SilverSluggerMZ
02-25-2010, 03:40 AM
it looked really good from the pre demo gameplay videos.. i wonder if i can get the demo in australia.. hmmmz

It's a lot better than it was last year. Check it out.

Tailz
02-25-2010, 04:20 AM
How does Madden Ultimate team work I never played around with that since I rented Madden.

Basically...its trading cards..there are regular cards,silver,gold and what they call Legendary cards of players such as a 1999 Ray Lewis with sick stats. You earn cards by buying packs and buying or selling on the auction place in game. Your goal is to build the ultimate team but the great legendary players like Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson are super rare and litrally sell for insane prices because they are so good in the game.

The LEG cards increase your overall teams stats such as Awareness,chemistry and many others. You also cant just stack your team either, you have to sign and resign players after a certain amount of games played. Its rather addicting to see if you can pull some amazing card players.

SilverSluggerMZ
02-25-2010, 04:58 AM
Basically...its trading cards..there are regular cards,silver,gold and what they call Legendary cards of players such as a 1999 Ray Lewis with sick stats. You earn cards by buying packs and buying or selling on the auction place in game. Your goal is to build the ultimate team but the great legendary players like Adrian Peterson or Chris Johnson are super rare and litrally sell for insane prices because they are so good in the game.

The LEG cards increase your overall teams stats such as Awareness,chemistry and many others. You also cant just stack your team either, you have to sign and resign players after a certain amount of games played. Its rather addicting to see if you can pull some amazing card players.

Don't see that happening: EA would be pissed if 2K took something popular from their franchise prize and put it on it's mediocre baseball series.

Never played Madden with those cards, but that sounds cool and addicting.

Tailz
02-25-2010, 05:16 AM
It really is so much fun though. You see what the Chris Johnson card goes for and you pull it and you're like OMG lol. They also do Inserts for like the 2009 season of guys having amazing seasons like 99 Overall for Saints players and stuff. Its just addicting and fun

Dustinator
03-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Played the demo the other day and was disappointed yet again. Was a BIG fan of the MLB 2K series, until this generation came around. 2K5 was the best and then it became crap IMO. Will sit out another year and if I need my baseball fix, I'll go back to MLB 2K5 or even Ken Griffey Jr Present MLB for SNES