PDA

View Full Version : guitar controls = not that great so far

nfntjy
02-24-2010, 11:57 AM
of course it's not a very intuitive way to play, but that's because I've never seen anything like it. I'm sure with time it would become easier.

I'm having a real problem with jumping. It only seems to jump if I'm moving (can't jump straight up. And even then, it's 50-50. I have about 7 various Guitar Hero and Rock Band controllers (X-plorer, Les Pauls, WT, RB Strats). Might be interesting to play around with them to see which works best. I already know that some of them you have to tilt hard to activate star power in GH, and that some don't activate at all. Will they still work in this game? And the whammy bar is kind of stuck on the x-plorer so maybe I'll have auto-float?

Also, all this tilting is causing the strap to rub against my neck. Not cool. I'm going to stick with the controller...

Jelekk
02-24-2010, 02:50 PM
I'm having the same troubles. the third level you need to tilt the guitar up and down really fast to power a mine cart. it's impossible to do with my guitar. I'll try my bass later, if that doesn't work I'm just going back to the controller. lame.

Soulflyy
02-24-2010, 08:36 PM
Yeah i was enjoying the demo & was about to buy until i saw the Ambitiously ambidextrous cheevo which is a pain lol

AlfredPMcLovely
02-25-2010, 03:53 AM
Having to tilt the controller to jump really sucks. Kinda wish I hadn't bought it now.

nintendobarn
02-26-2010, 11:57 AM
If you are having trouble with the jumping on the guitar you can always enable the help buttons. Then you will be able to do all the "guitar moves" by simply pressing the red or blue button. Ambitiously ambidextrousisnt that hard. Just play the first three levels, I didnt have any trouble with that one at all.

nfntjy
02-26-2010, 03:55 PM
ill have to look for that option, i definitely didn't see it when i first tried.

thanks!