PDA

View Full Version : Why do the targets not pop up in Boneyard challenges?

pauly_27
02-26-2010, 10:49 PM
Question.

It's getting really annoying now. Sometimes they just will not pop up at all, or will pop up right at the last moment of slow-mo. Any remedy to fix this, or do I have to just keep restarting and hope to get lucky? I only have a few golds to get for a (very) well deserved full 1000.

Also, why does it sometimes start you with the wrong weapon equipped? I know this is a minor gripe, but it just winds me up even more - Yes, I mad before anyone asks.

xLoCk 0nx
02-27-2010, 03:07 AM
Hey :)

Funny you should ask this because at first it puzzled me too! It's actually quite simple - your second gun (gun 2) auto-aims at the metal target, but you must keep your guns constantly shooting so that the metal target is constantly being shot by gun 2. If gun 2 is not firing at the metal target, the main targets will go back down and you won't be able to shoot them with your manual aim gun (gun 1). The red circle with the inward pointing arrows indicates where your auto aim gun is aiming.

So here's the best bit of advice - start off by working out where the metal targets are. Shoot them with both guns for just a second so that gun 2 locks onto it. Then, whilst constantly shooting, move your manual aim (gun 1) to the actual targets that get you points :) Fire fire fire! With the pistols there is really no reason to stop firing.

I hope that makes sense. Understanding how it works is key to getting the golds, and I've got them all!

pauly_27
02-27-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to try that out. I can see it being a pain for the Crossbow challenges though.

I wasn't expecting this game to be as hard as it actually is, to be honest. These Boneyard challenges are almost as bad as the Spiderman 3 trick races.

:uzi:

xLoCk 0nx
02-27-2010, 02:31 PM
They're really not too bad once you learn each of them. Some will take more tries than others, and you will learn to restart each if you miss lots of targets or fall off a ledge etc. Just try a couple at a time, don't attempt to get all golds in one sitting.

pauly_27
02-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Well, that worked perfectly. Thanks for the tips, and for explaining the system much better than the game does.

Another tip I would offer for anyone who stumbles across this topic in the future, is to jump wherever possible instead of sliding or wall running. It's quicker, and you will most likely be in a better position to hit the targets.

Full 1000 FTW

xLoCk 0nx
02-28-2010, 08:46 PM
Indeed!

I just got 1000G earlier today as well after beating Femme Fatale and luckily getting the 200 kills with crossbows on the final mission :P

cassadinechik
05-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Thank you. I have gold in every one but the 3rd shotgun challenge and I was just whinging because I thought it was just buggy as all get out! I will be trying it again tonight since I now have hope again! :)

Divine Infekt
07-11-2010, 07:07 PM
can someone tell me why my achievements aren't unlocking. my xbox is offline so i dont know if i missed any updates for the game or not but i have all silver and bronze medals on the challenges but my achievements wont unlock..

EDIT:
nm i finished it 1000. great game, hoping for a sequel.

here we go. why does she keep saying that?

Slicder
07-16-2010, 03:58 PM
here we go. why does she keep saying that?

Mabye she's talking to her imaginary friend, or her guns....

Yea it's probably her guns.