PDA

View Full Version : blur beta test

moshr666
02-27-2010, 09:21 AM
for subscribers to fileplanet. You can get entry to beta test early. Go to main site and follow link for secret xbox360 beta test. You will have to fill in a short survey but yet will get access to beta on monday march 1st.

Gun-Nut
02-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Times like this I wish I was a FilePlanet Subscriber but I'm sure multiply ways to get into the Beta will happen.

KamikazeQ
03-01-2010, 04:17 AM
here's the url:

http://www.fileplanet.com/promotions/top-secret/

I just signed up and got accepted. FYI if you agree to write a survey after playing you will get an extra month of fileplanet membership upon completing the post-beta survey.

SuperchargedNL
03-01-2010, 05:39 PM
Just got an email from fileplanet saying they need 1 more day to get the beta ready. The beta starts tomorrow instead of today...:mad:

Daiphyer.
03-01-2010, 06:32 PM
So anyone who has played the beta. Thoughts?

Apexeus
03-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Downloading it now.....all 1.44gb of it.

SuperchargedNL
03-02-2010, 04:57 PM
Me too, just found my key in my inbox...:)

Apexeus
03-02-2010, 05:14 PM
1 race done. Whether it was luck or skill, i started first and finished first (out of 9)

It's not that bad. Graphically it's ok, controls wise it's very basic, but easy to drive. Amount of races are limited to your "Fan Level" (flashy way of saying XP), you get more fans by doing races.

Whilst im not sure about buying it (don't like arcade racers), i'll be giving the DEMO a good go.

SuperchargedNL
03-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Finished a couple of races and I must say, it's not as bad as I was expecting. Eventhough the game definitely doesn't impress visually or gameplay-wise, it is pretty fun to play on a full server (which is 10 player max at this time). I just can't help wondering for how long this will remain fun. After playing only a few races, I don't really feel any need to start this up again soon.
I'll probably try again tomorrow on a server with 20 players if I can find one...

Daiphyer.
03-02-2010, 06:35 PM
They said the full game will feature 20 player max. And you guys know that it's only a beta, betas don't give much reason to keep playing. I'm really looking forward to it.

k2345
03-02-2010, 06:54 PM
If you go to the link Fast !!!!, they are giving out codes to register for the beta release on March the 8th

https://twitter.com/InsideGaming

and its free :woop:

Apexeus
03-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Finished a couple of races and I must say, it's not as bad as I was expecting. Eventhough the game definitely doesn't impress visually or gameplay-wise, it is pretty fun to play on a full server (which is 10 player max at this time). I just can't help wondering for how long this will remain fun. After playing only a few races, I don't really feel any need to start this up again soon.
I'll probably try again tomorrow on a server with 20 players if I can find one...

Done some more races and i have to agree with you. I thought it was quite impressive visually though.

It's just Project Gotham Racing with perks, nothing else.

SuperchargedNL
03-02-2010, 10:41 PM
They said the full game will feature 20 player max. And you guys know that it's only a beta, betas don't give much reason to keep playing. I'm really looking forward to it. I have played betas before and a beta is usually a good indicator about what the final product will be. This game just seems to get old way too soon.

Having said that, I must admit that with 20 players on the track, it does get way more fun to play! Too bad that there aren't that much beta gamers on at the moment...

It's just Project Gotham Racing with perks, nothing else.The first thought that went through my mind was "this really looks and feels like Midnight Club (DUB Edition)" only expanded alot (and alot better looking of course!). It has alot of the same power-ups and even alot of the same cars!
I really don't hope this is gonna be a full price game...

TalTsinth
03-02-2010, 11:42 PM
Well I just signed up for the beta, so will no doubt give this a blast when it's finished downloading. Should be fun. I like all types of racers and I miss a decent arcade one since Burnout 3 (I think PGR and Paradise was pretty awful tbh).

Io Haze oI
03-03-2010, 12:44 AM
Got me and my brother some codes from Kotaku so now we have to wait till March 8th till we get our access codes.

Harry Lloyd
03-07-2010, 10:22 AM
Now every File Planet user can participate in the beta, probably other sites are giving away keys as well.

I registered yesterday, they should be sending the tokens tomorrow (together with a 48-hour Gold trial, nice for those who don't have a Gold account).

Chris240191
03-08-2010, 01:18 AM
HMV are sending me a beta key as well as 48 hour live trial tomorrow.

GreaseMonkeyGB
03-08-2010, 04:37 PM
Where do you enter they access key? I've signed up and evrything and got the access code now, but where do i enter it?

Daiphyer.
03-08-2010, 04:49 PM
In Redeem code in the Xbox guide perhaps?

v SnOwMaN v
03-08-2010, 05:11 PM
No you have to go to the activision Blur signup page and input the code their and then they will email you the actual code you use on the 360.

GreaseMonkeyGB
03-08-2010, 05:32 PM
oh ok thanks. anyobdy got there code today?

Io Haze oI
03-08-2010, 06:53 PM
I still haven't got my beta keys emails, luckily I came across some redeemable codes on the bizarre creations facebook, so I've been enjoying this today and it is awesome.

GreaseMonkeyGB
03-08-2010, 07:27 PM
I still haven't got my beta keys emails,
Nor me, its taking aaages.

UPDATE 21:45(uk) : JUST GOT THE EMAIL :D

thesilly101
04-09-2010, 06:07 PM
at full retail price i'm not sure, don't think i'd ever race alone. Multiplayer was great fun wish they would just release that on the market place, it would make a mint!!!