PDA

View Full Version : Slow Movement . . .?

Lukedawg
02-27-2010, 05:31 PM
I like this game but I think your guy moves sooooooo slow, like he might be retarded. In the other Battlefields your guy didn't move even close to this slow, and I'm not trying to hate but I think it totally lessens the experience of the game just because it brings the gameplay speed down with it (plz dont attack me :)).

SideDish120
02-27-2010, 05:34 PM
I think they tried to add in the effect of how you would really run with all that gear/equipment on. Yes, you can run for a bit longer but you won't be able to move very quickly. I thought the pace wasn't that bad myself. It made you notice the environments more. Let you explore. Enjoy the campaign a bit more since it was a lot more straight forward then the last.

Lukedawg
02-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Ya, not me, I'm a hardcore shooter junkie that likes rushing a lot, and this slowness totally makes it gay cuz I really liked BBC 1, but at the same time I like total destruction. I'm totally on the fence in buying.

Runic Aries
02-27-2010, 05:49 PM
I like this game but I think your guy moves sooooooo slow, like he might be retarded. In the other Battlefields your guy didn't move even close to this slow, and I'm not trying to hate but I think it totally lessens the experience of the game just because it brings the gameplay speed down with it (plz dont attack me :)). If you sprint your not moving slow, I think you may just feel you are moving slower because the size of the maps are considerably bigger than most other FPS games.

SideDish120
02-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Ya, not me, I'm a hardcore shooter junkie that likes rushing a lot, and this slowness totally makes it gay cuz I really liked BBC 1, but at the same time I like total destruction. I'm totally on the fence in buying. Thats because that is the way COD games are played. Trust me. I am a HARDCORE rusher in that series. Cause thats how the gameplay is built around that mechanic. Get into the action FAST and KILL. Thats why those maps are on a smaller scale. Battlefield Maps are meant to feel life size and something that you could experience in real life.

If you sprint your not moving slow, I think you may just feel you are moving slower because the size of the maps are considerably bigger than most other FPS games.

That is also true. And the guns are a bit bigger then in the COD series. So it shows less of your screen. You are running fast. But I think it was a very good pace.

Copyright
02-27-2010, 10:44 PM
Ya, not me, I'm a hardcore shooter junkie that likes rushing a lot, and this slowness totally makes it gay cuz I really liked BBC 1, but at the same time I like total destruction. I'm totally on the fence in buying.
I played BC1 last night. I played BC2 demo a bit.
After playing the BC2 demo for a bit while it was out, then going and playing BC1, I was very unhappy with BC1. I think you move faster in BC2 (while sprinting of course). Playing BC1 I felt like I was crawling, even while sprinting.

Chuppernicus
02-27-2010, 11:05 PM
I thought the speed was fine in the demo. I liked that it took awhile to get some place, that's the point I think; you're less inclined to be an idiot and die foolishly, costing your team tickets. That way you dont just spawn and run quickly back. Plus it feels more realistic, for a video game.

Imagine a bunch of chubby gamers with all that gear trucking across those maps in real life. That would be funny to watch. Just a thought.

XFistsClenchedX
02-28-2010, 07:03 PM
I think they make you run slower so it's a bit more tactical. That makes cover more important, and what better way to show off their new destructible cover?

Venomized
02-28-2010, 07:42 PM
I like this game but I think your guy moves sooooooo slow, like he might be retarded. In the other Battlefields your guy didn't move even close to this slow, and I'm not trying to hate but I think it totally lessens the experience of the game just because it brings the gameplay speed down with it (plz dont attack me :)).

Well lucky for you, there is a specialization that allows you to move faster!