PDA

View Full Version : Which is the best sniper rifle?

helipilot22
02-27-2010, 07:12 PM
I never played bc1 multiplayer, but love bc2 the demo blew me away, my question to experinced battlfield players is this, which is going to be the most effective sniper rifle as my class is recon, the M24 was very good in the demo. I tried the unlockable semi auto, but didn't like it, their are several more I think lined up for the full game. which is the best?
I prefer high damage and accuracy for single headshot kills.

SideDish120
02-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Well you don't really need damage for headshot kills. Any sniper bullet to the head will do the trick. A bullet to the head period will do the headshot. Its not like Call of Duty and has stupid 1 shot for damage and another for the headshot. I like semi automatics for headshots. Just incase you miss and hit the body. You can quickly get a second shot in for the kill since the first did some damage to them. But if you want damage and accuracy, that sort of thing. You will have to use a bolt action. Semi's. I actually go into towns and kill snipers from a little closer. Its because they aren't looking for you. Why i truly call it "Recon" :P

helipilot22
02-27-2010, 07:33 PM
cheers sidedish for the reply, it was actually the reticule zoomed in which put me off the semi in the demo and the shuddering kick and shake of the screen, yeh i know a headshots a headshot having grabbed a few lucky ones with the quick follow up pistol shot after winging my prey with the rifle.
I guess i'm asking which bolt action has the quickest reload, because that seems to be where the best trade off lies between power/recoil and zoomed reticule is?
see on the field, mate.

SideDish120
02-27-2010, 07:40 PM
cheers sidedish for the reply, it was actually the reticule zoomed in which put me off the semi in the demo and the shuddering kick and shake of the screen, yeh i know a headshots a headshot having grabbed a few lucky ones with the quick follow up pistol shot after winging my prey with the rifle.
I guess i'm asking which bolt action has the quickest reload, because that seems to be where the best trade off lies between power/recoil and zoomed reticule is?
see on the field, mate.

Then that depends on your play style. It probably is a trade of with damage and reload speed. 50 cal AWP will take longer to reload but have massive damage. It's usually how it works. To keep weapons even and not to powerful. Then it just comes down to a personal preference.

helipilot22
02-27-2010, 07:51 PM
answered, thanks, not enjoyed mp this much before now, can't wait.

iCondemned
02-28-2010, 01:46 AM
Hands down... 'M4'

APX
02-28-2010, 01:52 AM
GOL. Better Accuracy and same damage as the standard sniper. :D

Runic Aries
02-28-2010, 02:01 AM
It really depends on your personality because there are 2 different types of snipers. The single shot more powerful snipers like the M95, and the Rapid fire weaker snipers like the Type 88. Using the M95 will almost always pushing you into getting headshots as it is a guaranteed kill and sometimes you dont have time to make a second shot but is VERY satisfying to use.
If you are more impatient, you should try the Type 88, which lets you fire off multiple shots very quickly, so regardless weather they are headshots or not they will still fall.

Just experiment.

Jimmy1980
02-28-2010, 03:04 PM
IŽd say the M95 I used that all the time on BC1. This time i think its the Sniper rifle you need the most points to unlock?

Copyright
02-28-2010, 03:19 PM
If you're a BF player (you can actually aim a gun), the M95.
If you're a CoD player (aiming, what's that?), any of the semi-autos.

helipilot22
02-28-2010, 04:13 PM
cheers copyright, i'm on the battlefield side of the fence, I played a lot of world at war but, only really for the pack-a-punch map pack 3 . And yeh I can shoot straight.

Copyright
02-28-2010, 07:57 PM
cheers copyright, i'm on the battlefield side of the fence, I played a lot of world at war but, only really for the pack-a-punch map pack 3 . And yeh I can shoot straight.
I'd go with the M95, or any other bolt action than. The semi-autos aren't 1 shot to the head, they toned them down a bit because of how fast they shoot.
Nothing more satisfying than popping a punk in the head from across the map with a bolt action.

helipilot22
02-28-2010, 08:01 PM
agreed copyright, lets start a cult.

Runic Aries
02-28-2010, 08:14 PM
agreed copyright, lets start a cult.

oh no, this wont turn out like the dead rising cult and end up with me being eaten will it?

APX
02-28-2010, 09:09 PM
If you're a BF player (you can actually aim a gun), the M95.
If you're a CoD player (aiming, what's that?), any of the semi-autos.

False on the battlefield part.

Real Battlefield snipers go for any bolt action. Bush campers go for the M95 the most. :D

How do I know, i'm one of those real battlefield snipers, well I was one in BC1.

squirelmaster85
03-01-2010, 05:23 PM
There is no "best" sniper rifle. It all depends on your situation. Use autos on small maps and bolts for larger. If you can no scope just use a bolt and kill up close all day long. My personal favorite having played BC alot was the GOL.

NukeDukem
03-01-2010, 08:39 PM
in the demo i saw that one of the unlockable sniper rifles had a full bar for damage, will that be one shot kill in the torso?

APX
03-01-2010, 08:58 PM
That's the M95 (.50 cal/AWP/Noob Cannon/etc) gun, it won't be a one hit kill from a distance, but at medium to close range, it will be.

helipilot22
03-01-2010, 09:23 PM
M 95 for me then, but in the demo I couldn't see the damage accuracy of the locked weapons.

Natetendo83
03-01-2010, 10:05 PM
I will probably use the M95 when I get it. It just looks cool and has high damage and is bolt action (I think) so I'm all over it.

Cypher_Cobra
03-02-2010, 05:58 AM
It's silly how they put the Barret in, the weapon isn't even designed to kill people. I guess it's just become so iconic.

neverendr
03-02-2010, 07:05 AM
At least it's the M95 rather than the M82/M107/XM500...the last thing BF needs is a semi auto .50 spewing death as fast as you can bang the right trigger. One of my main complaints with MW2 was the semi auto .50 being the starter rifle instead of people actually having to learn to shoot with a proper bolt gun.