PDA

View Full Version : going a clan? yes or no?

helipilot22
02-27-2010, 08:10 PM
I know i'm good enough to be wanted by many clans, but I also feel its one nerd step too far for me, for one thing I need maturity and level headed team mates. Not some little hitler laying down the law with their own brand of so called clan rules, so I feel between a rock and a hard place, I can keep playing freelance which sometimes worked in the demo and other times forced me to risk all and start running at com stations with little chance of shifting the odds in my favour.
I would like to play with a relaxed group of players who all know their role with no sweat if something goes wrong with the initial plan, we should be able to adapt to our situation, no hard and fast rules.

Runic Aries
02-27-2010, 10:14 PM
Bad Company doesnt really have a clan system but you can always go here and play with people from these forums or other friends if you're worried about it. Just ask around, also why isnt there a "Want to play?" thread up yet? honestly. should be stickied already.

Edited due to wrong

APX
02-28-2010, 01:29 AM
Bad Company 2 does have a Clan Tag in the game, so it somewhat has clan support, I know how you feel, most clans are either ruled by 15-16 year olds, or are groups of old people who are not on at the times you want them to be on.

Send me a message or something, we'll let you play with us, if your interested in joining a clan (That doesn't have hardcore rules, we just don't enjoy glitching, etc) then we can talk about that too. :D

guillermo316
02-28-2010, 01:29 AM
me an my friend are a squad? doesnt that make it a clan?

Volzagia
02-28-2010, 01:40 AM
Clans are ridiculously stupid. Most of the time they are awful ruled by squeaky 10 year olds.

APX
02-28-2010, 01:53 AM
Clans are ridiculously stupid. Most of the time they are awful ruled by squeaky 10 year olds.
When you play CoD and Gears, yes they are. :woop:

wtmxwl III
02-28-2010, 07:30 AM

hahahahah you're right! When I play mw2 I'm the only one without a stupid clan tag. That shit is overrated.

OP - This game isn't like the cod series. You actually have to work together as a team to win, not like cod where you all just go for kills

Darf Spud
02-28-2010, 12:34 PM
I seriously hate clans. At one point all of my friends were in one, and I refused to join. A: because you had to change your name, I would have been called WARFAR3 Spud. B: It was run by this hacker (only yesterday he got banned for hacking MW2). Then they all proceeded to hate me, but they all quit after a month anyway.

I hope BC2 dosen't have clans, they're overrated and besides, on games like CoD you always get messages saying: 'Clan trails dis wekend 1200 ms poits 2 jion' or something like that.

helipilot22
02-28-2010, 01:50 PM
thanks for all the responses, the reason i'm considering a clan mainly is so I can experience the game just as the dev team intended it, where everyone has a slightly different role to play, like that trailer for the game shows, recon runs up the hill, someone plants tracer, engineer blows tank up headshots from the far hill and spotting from me, etc etc. Flattening other team before they have time to blink. I saw it done against me on the demo a few times, timing the advance against the base taken move up banner that flashes up on screen, so you can reach the crates the fastest.
I'm going to see how it goes freelance for the first week and see how I feel then.

Logansrun
02-28-2010, 02:01 PM
hahahahah you're right! When I play mw2 I'm the only one without a stupid clan tag. That shit is overrated.

OP - This game isn't like the cod series. You actually have to work together as a team to win, not like cod where you all just go for kills

So true a word spoken sir
To the OP I am in the age group of 30/40 although I spend TO much time on my console :) so if you ever need a extra analog stick just give us a knock.
Good hunting & see you all on the battlefield,unless you see me first.

helipilot22
02-28-2010, 02:17 PM
yeh mate i'm 33, and also spend too much time on the old console, so yeh i'll hit you up
next week. This game seems very popular with us old gits.

I made this thread a couple of days ago, and only just realised that the title is all spelt wrong, my dislexia stikes again, joining a clan, not goining a clan, woops.

Logansrun
02-28-2010, 02:33 PM
yeh mate i'm 33, and also spend too much time on the old console, so yeh i'll hit you up
next week. This game seems very popular with us old gits.

I made this thread a couple of days ago, and only just realised that the title is all spelt wrong, my dislexia stikes again, joining a clan, not goining a clan, woops.

Old age for you mate :)
I should have the game Thursday or Friday,until then I am getting some time on Bad Company One.

helipilot22
02-28-2010, 04:23 PM
don't have bc1, i'm making do with 1943 right now if you want a game on that leave a post here and i'll message you.

APX
02-28-2010, 09:13 PM
I hope BC2 dosen't have clans, they're overrated and besides, on games like CoD you always get messages saying: 'Clan trails dis wekend 1200 ms poits 2 jion' or something like that.

BC2 Will have clans, with or without the clantag function in the game. And don't mention anything about cod to BF.

cod = games for 15 and under kids
BF = games for gamers that actually know how to control a game. :D

xEatableCrayonx
03-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Hey Gamebattles added a BFBC 2 arena to its web site,so there are clans for this game and most clans are well rounded ,mature people.Go to the site and make yourself a free agent then you can pick the team you would like to join.But clans are not on the game itself but gamebattles has it setup and ready to go.Hope this helps you. www.gamebattles.com (http://www.gamebattles.com)

APX
03-01-2010, 09:00 PM
^ lol, we're already on there, been on it for a month or 2. :D

helipilot22
03-01-2010, 09:25 PM
thanks a lot everyone, i'll checkout gamebattles.