PDA

View Full Version : Why is this game supposed to be 100+ hours?

IceKingz
02-27-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm planning on buying this game soon but while I have many other games to grind out I want to know, why is this game supposed to take over 100 hours? Which achievements are the ones that take so long to get? I just want to make sure and inform myself before I have to grind out another long game.

iBlessing 09
02-27-2010, 09:11 PM
100 hours isn't actually that long, I'm on 25 hours and I've had it 3 days.

You need to get all characters, so about 50 characters and there is around a 1/5 of getting 1 after a mission. You need to collect over 20 special items from certain boxes on certain levels. There is 52 gaiden quests, they are extremely hard. & there's more :)

IceKingz
02-28-2010, 12:38 AM
Ah ok thanks and also, if I was able to 1k DW6 and almost WO2 (Just proficiency grinding left for the most part) will this be much harder than those 2? And one last question, I saw that there were a few treasures that you get from online play. How many online matches are there and how long does that take itself? Will I be able to boost? Will I even need to boost if I wait around a month to buy this..etc.

iBlessing 09
02-28-2010, 12:49 AM
Ah ok thanks and also, if I was able to 1k DW6 and almost WO2 (Just proficiency grinding left for the most part) will this be much harder than those 2?
Yes, this is the hardest and probably the worst out of all DW games.

And one last question, I saw that there were a few treasures that you get from online play. How many online matches are ther
Win VS matches is 10 battles.
Play with many friends is 10 friends.

and how long does that take itself?
Only 30-60 mins.

Will I even need to boost if I wait around a month to buy this
You don't need to boost but it will help alot.

IceKingz
02-28-2010, 03:06 AM
Ah I see. Alright so if it's supposed to be the toughest one of all. Is it like rediculous, truly insane amounts of skill tough? Harder than SF4 tough? (The trials achievement) Or it's just a bit tougher than Chaos mode on DW6? Sorry for all of the questions. =P Just really curious about the game in general because it seems like they've changed/added a lot.

Vile Denial
02-28-2010, 03:35 AM
I'm planning on buying this game soon but while I have many other games to grind out I want to know, why is this game supposed to take over 100 hours? Which achievements are the ones that take so long to get? I just want to make sure and inform myself before I have to grind out another long game.

It's 100+ hours because I said so...

>>

<<

>>

The main time consumers are with making all the weapons and getting all the officer cards. You can boost a certain amount with things like item duping, returning from cities at the beginning of a mission, etc.

If you know what to do in the game, and have people helping you on live, then I'd say it'd be more like 50-80 hours.

The actual game is hard in the beginning, but gets very easy once you complete one storyline.

Svenndarkheart
02-28-2010, 03:36 AM
I was going to be buying this game this weekend

Phantom-Phive
02-28-2010, 04:01 AM
See, I dont get what's with all the complaining and belly-aching about the time, I love this game franchise and I love this game, Im already 113+ hours in and I'm nowhere near 1K gamerpoints. The achievements are just extending this game's life for me, and when u really get into the game and all its rpg elements, time seems to fly by anyway.

IceKingz
02-28-2010, 04:29 AM
Oh no no no I'm definitely not complaining about it at all. To be honest I really am just trying to learn about the game before I play it since I won't be able to buy it for a bit. This game is pretty much a must have already but I'm just waiting until I 1k a few more other games.

iBlessing 09
02-28-2010, 10:54 AM
See, I dont get what's with all the complaining and belly-aching about the time, I love this game franchise and I love this game, Im already 113+ hours in and I'm nowhere near 1K gamerpoints. The achievements are just extending this game's life for me, and when u really get into the game and all its rpg elements, time seems to fly by anyway.
I'm on 30 hours in 3 days and times flies, I saved once and I was on 24 hours then it seemed like 30 mins l8r but when I saved next it was 29 hours :eek:

Tyger7
03-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Actually this isn't the hardest, but may be most time consuming based on the random fact of obtaining officer cards. Everything else is pretty easy once you hit 50 and get used to the game.

50 hours to get 1000 in this game? Never. It took me nearly 20 alone to farm all extra items i didn't have in order to make every item in the game. Do not play online, it will take longer unless you have 3 very good dynasty warrior players who will devote around 40 hours to help you do your quests, and not expect you to do the same in return, good luck on that. At 76 hours I was done with everything! Except officer cards. I am now at 110 hours and I have one more officer card to get.. At 84 hours when I had checked, i was at 82%.

It's not the worst dynasty game, its just different and is quite fun. The longer you wait to get the game will do you no good, as people will stop playing eventually making the friend 10 people part harder. Get it ASAP its only 40 dollars

fatalmephisto
03-02-2010, 04:33 PM
My time played so far is 98 hours, had the game for about 6 day's now and i still need to get all orbs, weapons, chi and my last card

IceKingz
03-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Ah 10 friends. Hm, say I were to buy this game this weekend. Should I be perfectly fine in getting those 10 friends?

Axl DS
03-02-2010, 09:20 PM
You don't need 10 friends, 10 random players will do just fine.

IceKingz
03-03-2010, 02:06 AM
Alright cool, so I'm going to guess that the online is decently active? I was gonna wait on this game since I just bought Sonic and Sega All Stars last weekend but I'll go ahead and fork over the money this weekend as well.

iBlessing 09
03-03-2010, 03:14 PM
Alright cool, so I'm going to guess that the online is decently active? I was gonna wait on this game since I just bought Sonic and Sega All Stars last weekend but I'll go ahead and fork over the money this weekend as well.
Yes it's very active.

fatalmephisto
03-04-2010, 07:02 AM
117 hours later and i finally got 50/50 achievements done :D woot, not there is just 1 more achievement that i wanna get for my own reasons and that is get every character to 50, i already have 6 done so a whole crap left to go.

Axl DS
03-04-2010, 07:56 AM
I want to max them all too, I have all the achievements but I also want to see them all leveled. I currently have 13/42 done :D

IceKingz
03-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Alright guys, I got this game yesterday and I'm loving it. It's a little tricky to get used to but it's definitely a step up. Although I think the lock on should be LT instead of clicking the RS down. Anyways about those 10 friends. Do I have to physically add them to my gamercard friend's list or what? I played a match with 3 guys and by there names said 1 under the friendship category. Do I do that with 10 different people?

Axl DS
03-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Register them under the game's profile list, you have 3 as of that post so you need 7 more.

IceKingz
03-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Cool I got it just a little while ago. Great game but this difficulty is kicking me hard. I changed it to easy expected it to be original DW easy but no...not at all. I just played a bunch of missions with some guys online though and I hit level 20 so I'm hoping to actually see some single player progress.