PDA

View Full Version : Got the game in hand.

DJ2e
02-28-2010, 11:50 PM
Got my copy already but I am worried I am gonna get my account banned if I play it connected to XBL. I don't want to get achievements offline on my account.

Anyone think that a ban could happen for getting the game eight days early?

DOOKH8R
02-28-2010, 11:58 PM
Got my copy already but I am worried I am gonna get my account banned if I play it connected to XBL. I don't want to get achievements offline on my account.

Anyone think that a ban could happen for getting the game eight days early?

Yes, you can get banned from XBL and from this site.
For further proof, read some of CovertDog's (one of the mods here) posts in this thread
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=210796.

You should show restraint and wiat until next Tuesday to play it

Ty-Rex
03-01-2010, 12:23 AM
As long as you legally purchased the game, you can not be banned at all. As long as you have some way of proving that you obtained it LEGALLY, you can play it online with no worries. The only people that can get in trouble are the owners/employees of the store you purchased it from.
Yes, you can get banned from XBL and from this site.
For further proof, read some of CovertDog's (one of the mods here) posts in this thread
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=210796.

You should show restraint and wiat until next Tuesday to play it

Not to be rude, DOOKH8R, but you misinterpreted that post you cited there. CovertDog probably got the copy from someone early and doesn't want to get that person in trouble. It could also be that he reviews the games for this/another game website and would get in trouble for playing it early or something, I'm not sure the exact situation, but he can't play it online for other reasons than the OP.

People in that thread were mostly mad at people hacking games and playing them early. Obviously that is a illegal method of obtaining the game and you can be banned for it.

So just remember, the store you got it from can still get in trouble for you playing it OP.

Purge
03-01-2010, 12:25 AM
They should really include a leaflet in games saying "If you bought this from a store, then it's they who are in trouble. Not you. Play away".

Play away. You shall not get in trouble. :)

EDIT:
I would play it straight away, but it's your call. Do you take the moderator's opinion or the pawns? :p

Svenndarkheart
03-01-2010, 12:26 AM
Just play offline

jazon168
03-01-2010, 01:30 AM
pics! or it didnt happen!

darkXhawk
03-01-2010, 01:58 AM
It's pretty early for stores to have this in stock already isn't it?

jules the great
03-01-2010, 04:47 AM
yeah i dont think i'd be able to wait....lol good for you man.

TakahashiDemon
03-01-2010, 08:29 PM
If I had my copy this early along with the new 360, I would been playing it right now :P

Play it offline until Tuesday sure if you're worried about being banned, I don't think MS would ban you though, I'm sure there's been other times where people get the game a week early before release and they werent banned (some guy on these forums got Tekken a week early on these forums).

Cloak
03-01-2010, 10:12 PM
as long as you have a copy you bought legally your fine. I played Borderlands, COD, dragon age, and DJ hero all before their release date and nothing happened. as long as it's not a downloaded copy and a legit disc you paid for, your good.

frogcrazyant
03-02-2010, 08:49 PM
If I had that game that I have been waiting for for a good 3 years now?, I would be on my couch playing that game for the next 48 hours..straight.

Double2Seven
03-03-2010, 12:17 PM
Ive been playing the game,my work is videogames related and i always play my games early...usualy like this one a promodisk, but its the full game, and i already have 2 achivmments for FFXIII and Just Cause.

What i cant is to show or publish videos or spoilers on the web as ive been advised to.