PDA

View Full Version : GOTYE disk 2 playable with standard game

DAUNTEDFLETTY
03-01-2010, 03:50 PM
hey guys i was just wondering if when i have installed disk 2 on my HD is it possible to play the DLC with a standard fallout disk ? its just that i only have the GOTYE for a few days and wont have time to finish it also i would like to lend it to a friend that has the original so he can quickly install the disk saves him having to buy the DLC him self is this possible ?

THANX IN ADVANCE :)

Deathr0t
03-01-2010, 05:33 PM
I too am in a similar boat, my friend has the GOTY edition and I have the original... If I use his disc to install the addons can I play with mine after I give it back?

PS. I bought the anchorage+ addon from gamestop used, installed, returned, and it loads fine just using the original, does that mean the GOTY will act the same way?

esio gk
03-01-2010, 08:14 PM
Disc 1 of Fallout 3 GOTY is basicly the same as disc in regular Fallout 3. You can play it without having DLC's installed.

Disc 2 contains all 5 DLC's - you install them on hard drive and you don't need Disc 2 anymore - you can sell it, lend it, burn it - you can do whatever you want with it.

As far as I know regular edition of Fallout 3 forks fine with GOTY edition DLC's.

DAUNTEDFLETTY
03-01-2010, 09:02 PM
Disc 1 of Fallout 3 GOTY is basicly the same as disc in regular Fallout 3. You can play it without having DLC's installed.

Disc 2 contains all 5 DLC's - you install them on hard drive and you don't need Disc 2 anymore - you can sell it, lend it, burn it - you can do whatever you want with it.

As far as I know regular edition of Fallout 3 forks fine with GOTY edition DLC's.

Thats good to hear so i dont have to rush my balls off to get it done i have already installed it and can now just rent it if i dont finish nice one.

thanx for your reply m8y :)

StillTIPPIN187
03-02-2010, 09:19 PM
yes this works.. doin it right now.. you may get some annoying freeze up when you play in the pit.. it happened 3 times for me.. it even corrupted my save.. luckily i had a auto save right before.. but yes this will work

StillTIPPIN187
03-02-2010, 09:21 PM
yup this works.. doin it right now.. you will probably get freeze ups in the pitt though.. i did anyway

DAUNTEDFLETTY
03-04-2010, 02:17 AM
yup this works.. doin it right now.. you will probably get freeze ups in the pitt though.. i did anyway

nice one i also had it freeze a few times and had a corupt save but thats not a prob cus i save oftern also i had a lot of jumpy lag for some strange reoson oh well i managed to finish it now took about 8-10 hrs to do all 5 DLS`s .

Moving on to the resi DLC now : )

zelderman
03-05-2010, 10:32 AM
sounds like it should work