PDA

View Full Version : Skins

Spawn 0f Hell
03-01-2010, 09:25 PM
It was good for the first 2 series, the third was crap and this new series is really picking up... What I really want to know is during series 3, was Effy tripping hard when she hit Katie with the rock or was Katie actually saying all that stuff?

I know I'm behind but behold the power of www.4od.com (http://www.4od.com)!!!

Volzagia
03-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Wasnt too keen on the show, But i didnt really give it a chance so i'll probably watch it from the start again.

Tussell
03-01-2010, 09:30 PM
I watched a bit of the first season, and loved the characters. I have yet to complete it, however, I heard they changed characters a couple times, so whenever that kicks in, I'll probably stop watching it.

Purge
03-01-2010, 09:32 PM
The current season is utter bullshit, I refuse to watch this garbage.

namel3ss gamer
03-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Skins was never my cup of tea I'm afraid :(

Spawn 0f Hell
03-01-2010, 10:06 PM
It's a great show!

zero437
03-02-2010, 07:53 AM
never heard of it

XxBlueSpade2xX
03-02-2010, 09:07 AM
never heard of it

Me either. BBC? Is it a sci-fi show? Or is it a show about golf?

namel3ss gamer
03-02-2010, 07:18 PM
Me either. BBC? Is it a sci-fi show? Or is it a show about golf?

It was, I don't know if this is still the case mind, on channel 4 in the UK, it might haved moved to E4 though I'm not sure!
Its certainly no golf or sci fi show though lol, but I dont watch it so I can't divulge any information regarding skins plot points!!

Spawn 0f Hell
03-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Its channel 4/E4 yeah. It's about teenagers in Bristol who get drunk and stoned alot and then have sex and party alot but there are a lot of important ethical and socioeconomic issues addressed as well.

namel3ss gamer
03-02-2010, 08:29 PM
Spawn of hell, I'm guessing as a fan of skins you like the inbetweeners??
Now theres a show I actually quite enjoy lol :p

Chris240191
03-02-2010, 09:16 PM
I thought I'd give it a watch being from Brizzle and all but I did not like it one bit. Have seen odd episodes here and there from different series and there always seems to be different characters.

Spawn 0f Hell
03-02-2010, 09:38 PM

God no... Thats a terrible show!

Spawn 0f Hell
03-02-2010, 09:39 PM
I thought I'd give it a watch being from Brizzle and all but I did not like it one bit. Have seen odd episodes here and there from different series and there always seems to be different characters.

Theres the same characters in series 1 and 2 and then new characters in series 3 and 4.

B1GM13
03-03-2010, 08:44 AM
i love it,

probably helps being from Bristol and recognising places... heh

Spawn 0f Hell
03-03-2010, 08:17 PM
i love it,

probably helps being from Bristol and recognising places... heh

Is the college real then? :eek:

I know it's probably not but that would be cool...

Spawn 0f Hell
03-06-2010, 01:10 PM
JJ has mad eukalale skills in the latest episode... lol

Louis BCFC1875
03-06-2010, 01:33 PM
JJ has mad eukalale skills in the latest episode... lol Sure there was already a thread for this, but anyway, i enjoyed JJ's episode, probably best in the series so far (on par with Cooks), and to get a good episode with these shit writers, you just have to enjoy it.

The Ultrafiend
03-06-2010, 03:28 PM
It's a painfully scripted yoof-culture soap opera that fails in the spectacular way that all these shows do when middle-aged scriptwriters try and give teenagers clever and edgy things to say.

Eastenders owns this. At least that's funny-bad, rather than just bad.

SharksInYourMouth
03-07-2010, 03:45 AM
Well I love Skins. I didn't see every episode of the first season, but I watched all of the second season. And I have seen a couple episodes from the third season. But I will get around to watching the rest of the first season :P

Purge
03-07-2010, 10:18 AM
The current season is utter bullshit, I refuse to watch this garbage.

I just watched the entire series so far, and love it. :p

Spawn 0f Hell
03-09-2010, 05:06 PM
I just watched the entire series so far, and love it. :p

Everybody should!

Louis BCFC1875
03-09-2010, 09:23 PM
It's a painfully scripted yoof-culture soap opera that fails in the spectacular way that all these shows do when middle-aged scriptwriters try and give teenagers clever and edgy things to say.

Eastenders owns this. At least that's funny-bad, rather than just bad. You can't really compare this show to Skins.

Barad
03-09-2010, 09:55 PM
I never watch skins tbh bloddy hate it. cheesy as fuck.

The Ultrafiend
03-10-2010, 01:05 AM
You can't really compare this show to Skins.

Why not? They're both ludicrous soap operas.

Louis BCFC1875
03-10-2010, 02:45 AM
Why not? They're both ludicrous soap operas. I don't see how Skins is a soap opera when it's a teen drama. :confused:

The Ultrafiend
03-10-2010, 02:52 AM
I don't see how Skins is a soap opera when it's a teen drama. :confused:

What's the difference? It's an ongoing episodic drama with OTT vaudevillian plotlines. If you want to point out the difference between this and late night Hollyoaks, be my guest.

B1GM13
03-10-2010, 08:47 AM
Is the college real then? :eek:

I know it's probably not but that would be cool...

well it's part of Filton College.. the main college Filton is quite far away from this place, but this is the sports academy part of it.

i know it as the pro 5 centre cause i played there, but yeah the actual building was used in Season 3 (not sure about 4) as the college

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4898/wiseaerialshot1.jpg (http://img97.imageshack.us/i/wiseaerialshot1.jpg/)

Louis BCFC1875
03-10-2010, 02:32 PM
What's the difference? It's an ongoing episodic drama with OTT vaudevillian plotlines. If you want to point out the difference between this and late night Hollyoaks, be my guest. Well the difference is one is classed as a soap, and one is classed as a teen drama, so if you think there the same thing, you obviously have down syndrome.

The Ultrafiend
03-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Well the difference is one is classed as a soap, and one is classed as a teen drama, so if you think there the same thing, you obviously have down syndrome.

Wow, what a clear and concise set of differences you've given there. Program descriptions from the TV guide.

And apparently I'M retarded.

B1GM13
03-10-2010, 04:43 PM
And apparently I'M retarded.

dunno if Down Syndrome classes you as retarded.

perhaps... he's classing you as 'Slower'?

i dunno i dont wanna get involved with the politics of all this...

i do enjoy Skins though, yet despise Hollyoaks and Eastenders.

The Ultrafiend
03-10-2010, 05:21 PM

Down's Syndrome doesn't have anything to do with being unable to differentiate between genres of TV shows either. It's just a standard ignorant keyboard hero response.

Louis BCFC1875
03-11-2010, 12:05 AM
Wow, what a clear and concise set of differences you've given there. Program descriptions from the TV guide.

And apparently I'M retarded. Well according to Wikipedia, Eastenders is a British Soap and Skins a Teen drama, so yes, you are retarded. :)

Chris240191
03-11-2010, 12:12 AM
well it's part of Filton College.. the main college Filton is quite far away from this place, but this is the sports academy part of it.

i know it as the pro 5 centre cause i played there, but yeah the actual building was used in Season 3 (not sure about 4) as the college

http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/4898/wiseaerialshot1.jpg (http://img97.imageshack.us/i/wiseaerialshot1.jpg/)

Hey I go to the main site, just thought I'd point that out :)

Also I'm pretty sure they used both the WISE campus and City of Bristol College green site simultaneously sometimes.

B1GM13
03-11-2010, 11:46 AM
Hey I go to the main site, just thought I'd point that out :)

Also I'm pretty sure they used both the WISE campus and City of Bristol College green site simultaneously sometimes.

yeah you see them on College Green quite alot, especially in the first 2 seasons. first episode of Season 3 Freddy skating down Park Street, thats pretty cool. many drunken nights on Park Street.

i went to Filton. best 3 years of my life. dont know what it's like now though but back then it was more populated with Alternative, Skater, Goth kids, last i'd heard it had become quite 'gangster' populated lol.

The Ultrafiend
03-11-2010, 04:30 PM
Well according to Wikipedia, Eastenders is a British Soap and Skins a Teen drama, so yes, you are retarded. :)

Wow, I read something on Wikipedia! It MUST be right!

I apologise for going off the handle and insulting you a little bit because you seem to be a little slow here kid. I don't like making fun of people with learning difficulties so I'm gonna go ahead and spell out what I'm saying, nice and simple for you.

My point is that there is no difference in content between this show and your average episode of Hollyoaks. This was in response to your claim that we could not compare Skins, a 'teen drama', to Eastenders, a 'soap opera'.
I argued that they are essentially the same thing and asked you to differentiate between the contents of an episode of either show.
You responded with, and I quote, 'DUHH BT 1 IS TEEN DRURMA & 1 IS S00P OPER0RZ SO U R DOWNS SYNDROME LOL ;) ;)'

I see now that what I was asking you to grasp conflicted with your obvious mental deficiency and for making you feel uncomfortable in that respect, I apologise.

Spawn 0f Hell
03-11-2010, 05:14 PM

I apologise for going off the handle and insulting you a little bit because you seem to be a little slow here kid. I don't like making fun of people with learning difficulties so I'm gonna go ahead and spell out what I'm saying, nice and simple for you.

My point is that there is no difference in content between this show and your average episode of Hollyoaks. This was in response to your claim that we could not compare Skins, a 'teen drama', to Eastenders, a 'soap opera'.
I argued that they are essentially the same thing and asked you to differentiate between the contents of an episode of either show.
You responded with, and I quote, 'DUHH BT 1 IS TEEN DRURMA & 1 IS S00P OPER0RZ SO U R DOWNS SYNDROME LOL ;) ;)'

I see now that what I was asking you to grasp conflicted with your obvious mental deficiency and for making you feel uncomfortable in that respect, I apologise.
Well according to Wikipedia, Eastenders is a British Soap and Skins a Teen drama, so yes, you are retarded. :)
Down's Syndrome doesn't have anything to do with being unable to differentiate between genres of TV shows either. It's just a standard ignorant keyboard hero response.

i dunno i dont wanna get involved with the politics of all this...

i do enjoy Skins though, yet despise Hollyoaks and Eastenders.

All of this ^^^ is pointless... Its an appreciation thread not a flaming thread so go away.

Chris240191
03-11-2010, 05:20 PM
yeah you see them on College Green quite alot, especially in the first 2 seasons. first episode of Season 3 Freddy skating down Park Street, thats pretty cool. many drunken nights on Park Street.

i went to Filton. best 3 years of my life. dont know what it's like now though but back then it was more populated with Alternative, Skater, Goth kids, last i'd heard it had become quite 'gangster' populated lol.

Yeah it kind of sucks now, full of chavs that steal bikes every 2 seconds. No joke, there was a week once when about 6 or 7 got stolen, even one of my teachers. The stupid thing is the construction site is right next to the bike locks and they give out bolt cutters to the students who will just walk right outside and use them. Lucky they only go for mountain bikes and not bmx's these days so I'm ok.

Sorry for the off topic, some of my friends were extras on skins a few times, nothing big but pretty cool for the ones that are doing drama in college.

B1GM13
03-12-2010, 08:40 AM
Yeah it kind of sucks now, full of chavs that steal bikes every 2 seconds. No joke, there was a week once when about 6 or 7 got stolen, even one of my teachers. The stupid thing is the construction site is right next to the bike locks and they give out bolt cutters to the students who will just walk right outside and use them. Lucky they only go for mountain bikes and not bmx's these days so I'm ok.

Sorry for the off topic, some of my friends were extras on skins a few times, nothing big but pretty cool for the ones that are doing drama in college.

Michelle or Nips as she was called (April Pearson) from season one used to be good mates with one of my Ex Girlfriends, so on occasions when i went to partys with the ex low and behold Nips was there.

Sid from season one worked in Topman in Broadmead ;)

and lastly i saw Chris from season 1 at Ramshackle on a friday night, a different ex at the time saw him and was like "he's quite yummy" (we were both wasted) so in my drunkness i say to her "Why dont you go over there, fuck him and take his money, but give me some!" ...

Louis BCFC1875
03-12-2010, 11:51 AM

I see now that what I was asking you to grasp conflicted with your obvious mental deficiency and for making you feel uncomfortable in that respect, I apologise. Well yes, it is right, because i highly doubt someone has edited what Genre Eastenders and Skins both are, you say Skins and Hollyoaks are the same, well in Skins, i mostly see teenagers, and in Hollyoaks i see people of all age, in Skins i see drug usuage, sex, nudity, and volience, do you see that in Hollyoaks at 6:00PM?

You say that there essentially the same thing, even though to someone with the slightest intelligence, there obviously a different thing, so you are obviously retarded, but of course, you don't know what, because your retarded so how could you know..

On topic about last nights episode, another boring one, only interesting point was the Freddie incident, what happened?, who knows..

The Ultrafiend
03-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Well yes, it is right, because i highly doubt someone has edited what Genre Eastenders and Skins both are, you say Skins and Hollyoaks are the same, well in Skins, i mostly see teenagers, and in Hollyoaks i see people of all age, in Skins i see drug usuage, sex, nudity, and volience, do you see that in Hollyoaks at 6:00PM?

Hence why my original post said Late Night Hollyoaks, you utter cretin.

This is like arguing with an Alzheimer's patient so I'm done. Sorry for hijacking your thread Spawn, my bad.

Louis BCFC1875
03-12-2010, 03:32 PM
Hence why my original post said Late Night Hollyoaks, you utter cretin.

This is like arguing with an Alzheimer's patient so I'm done. Sorry for hijacking your thread Spawn, my bad. The difference between Skins and a late night Hollyoaks is that a late night Hollyoaks would contain charaters of all ages when Skins is pretty much JUST teenagers, so no it wouldn't be like a late night Hollyoaks at all.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-12-2010, 03:35 PM
well last nights was bs saw one of the main characters get killled props the best one as well

B1GM13
03-12-2010, 03:43 PM
well last nights was bs saw one of the main characters get killled props the best one as well

at first i didnt believe that, but on the main site at e4, they've got a page dedicated to the memory of Freddie, so looks like he's done.

also i think next week is the last episode of the season, then next season is another re-cast for new lead characters.

padraiglovesyou
03-12-2010, 03:50 PM
They did it again!
1st season happy!, 2nd season sad Chris dies!,
3rd season happy! :), 4th season sad freddie dies!
Well annoying :(

Louis BCFC1875
03-12-2010, 03:50 PM
at first i didnt believe that, but on the main site at e4, they've got a page dedicated to the memory of Freddie, so looks like he's done.

also i think next week is the last episode of the season, then next season is another re-cast for new lead characters.
well last nights was bs saw one of the main characters get killled props the best one as well I'm not sure if he is actually dead, some people think that it was a dream Effy was having, bring on the next season and a new cast/writers.

Zakk01
03-12-2010, 04:06 PM
OMG! Freddie how could they kill him off.

B1GM13
03-12-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm not sure if he is actually dead, some people think that it was a dream Effy was having, bring on the next season and a new cast/writers.

http://www.e4.com/images/mb/E4/skins/series4/editorial/freddie-condolence.jpg

http://www.e4.com/skins/series4/freddie-condolence-book.html

from the e4 skins site :(

i hope your right though!!!

Louis BCFC1875
03-12-2010, 06:18 PM
http://www.e4.com/images/mb/E4/skins/series4/editorial/freddie-condolence.jpg

http://www.e4.com/skins/series4/freddie-condolence-book.html

from the e4 skins site :(

i hope your right though!!! I know i saw it on the Skins site, but i was reading some of the comments on there and some people believe he isn't dead.

Spawn 0f Hell
03-15-2010, 05:32 PM
Ooooh, plot twists! Happy Effy survived her suicide attempt though.

jtr1gg3r
03-16-2010, 12:02 PM
I dont think Freddie is dead, seems a bit odd that he went to see that bloke =/

Effy dreamin probs

As for this "Skins-Hollyoaks-Eastenders" thing, I think Skins is a seperate thing on its own

And if anything its more like KiDULTHOOD and aDULTHOOD films, and tbh there two completely different things =P

bit more in common tho

padraiglovesyou
03-16-2010, 01:35 PM
Her councillor is a bit mad isnt he lolzzzzzzzzzzz

Spawn 0f Hell
03-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Well, on E4 they show the preview of the next episode and theres loads without her in it. And the bits where Freddies sister screws at Cook... And then Cook crying...

I think he's actually dead.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-16-2010, 08:33 PM
Well, on E4 they show the preview of the next episode and theres loads without her in it. And the bits where Freddies sister screws at Cook... And then Cook crying...

I think he's actually dead.

Im affraid he is :(
go on the e4 website there a commeration box for you to write memorys of freddie. Plus this will be the last episode this week then another whole new cast much like the last series where chris died and everyone went there seperate ways.

B1GM13
03-17-2010, 08:34 AM
well from the trailer you see police swarm into a house and then a clip of Cook running away.

i reckon ....

* Cook gets caught by police and arrested

* Pandora says she's going away, so will go away somewere, perhaps with Thomas?

* Naomi and Emily are finished, Emily ends up with that new girl

* Dunno what will happen to Naomi, Emilys sister, JJ or Effy?

DIRTYDOZEN xUKx
03-17-2010, 08:47 AM
all gooood

dukegonzo1331
03-17-2010, 06:40 PM
Freddy is definately dead. The shrink who done him in was a complete pedobear and was messing with Effy's head (possibly messing with more of her.)
The next two series are lined up and will have an all new cast apart from Freddies sister who will be the main girl (like Effy in the first two then going into the next two)

Spawn 0f Hell
03-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Freddy is definately dead. The shrink who done him in was a complete pedobear and was messing with Effy's head (possibly messing with more of her.)
The next two series are lined up and will have an all new cast apart from Freddies sister who will be the main girl (like Effy in the first two then going into the next two)

Peadobear, lol

B1GM13
03-18-2010, 08:40 AM

oh thats cool. makes sense i guess.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-18-2010, 09:17 AM
If you think about it effy was a shadow in series 1 her BROTHER nerley died had a massive acident and left. This series she the main girl but now karen's BROTHER had injury/dead she will become main girl practicaly the same story but with diffrent characters. Still series 1+2+3 were great but this series is poor :(

jtr1gg3r
03-18-2010, 12:24 PM
this series is poor :(

go throw your head in a blender =P

Last episode tonight =(

Its gonna be a good one tho!

RagingClue
03-18-2010, 12:35 PM

Yeah inbetweeners is so so so much better then skins! Amazing show, skins is ok too. Even though it is filth as Simon Amstell once said.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-18-2010, 12:54 PM
LOving your dp :D
And yes inbetweeners is ace!

jtr1gg3r
03-18-2010, 03:07 PM
YES! Inbetweeners is sick!

Theres only gonna be 1 more series tho =(

Spawn 0f Hell
03-18-2010, 04:54 PM
If you think about it effy was a shadow in series 1 her BROTHER nerley died had a massive acident and left. This series she the main girl but now karen's BROTHER had injury/dead she will become main girl practicaly the same story but with diffrent characters. Still series 1+2+3 were great but this series is poor :(

Getting better by the episode though, may actually get to series 3 quality in the last episode *fingers crossed*

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-18-2010, 04:57 PM
Hope so finale will be everyone not someone's induvidual story.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-18-2010, 11:09 PM
Ok what the F**k was that. ? The finale ??? what a load of Sh*T

B1GM13
03-19-2010, 09:01 AM
Ok what the F**k was that. ? The finale ??? what a load of Sh*T

that was a shite ending right.

i can only assume Cook has beaten the fuck outa that doctor, and that everyone is now aware that he killed freddy.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Yh i think cook killed him because he said he had nothing to lose and he already a criminal. so its pretty obv cook killed him. Still worst series ever. The last 3were awsome.

jtr1gg3r
03-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Yh i think cook killed him because he said he had nothing to lose and he already a criminal. so its pretty obv cook killed him. Still worst series ever. The last 3were awsome.

what? worst series? =/ whatever your opinion

series Freddies sister will probably start trying to find out what happened to Cook because I reckon that doctor killed him as well =P

but yh it was a sh*t ending tho,

E4 has got a habit of that, did anyone see the Misfits ending? Nuff said.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-19-2010, 12:39 PM
Next series of skins isa whole new cast only character the same is karen.

Louis BCFC1875
03-19-2010, 01:12 PM
S3&4 were so bad i don't know which ones were better, the ending had to be one of the worst in TV history.

Louis BCFC1875
03-19-2010, 01:13 PM

series Freddies sister will probably start trying to find out what happened to Cook because I reckon that doctor killed him as well =P

E4 has got a habit of that, did anyone see the Misfits ending? Nuff said. Soz double post.

But the Misfits ending wasn't bad, the last episode was great, and we all knew exactly what was going to happen, it's not like the guy will be stuck in the coffin forever.

Spawn 0f Hell
03-19-2010, 04:26 PM

E4 has got a habit of that, did anyone see the Misfits ending? Nuff said.

I'm thinking it starts with Freddies funeral and the police gatecrashing it to arrest Cook.

B1GM13
03-19-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm thinking it starts with Freddies funeral and the police gatecrashing it to arrest Cook.

if Cook's in it then yeah maybe..

but a complete re-cast leads us to believe otherwise.

UK Dennis
03-20-2010, 04:54 PM
i really hope karen is in the next series :p
but yeah, it was a terrible ending. But it does leave it open if they ever decide to go back.

LMC1
03-20-2010, 05:04 PM
I love skins. Thuroughly.
I enjoyed the first 3 series. In series 4 the guys started facing reality, 'growing up'.
Series 4 was a bit of a let down, due to the lack on excitement, but I still liked to watch it. However, the cliffhangar was absolutely unbelievable..

Br0kenAssass1n
03-21-2010, 01:10 AM

Doubtful. Other than the recast being a rather large indicator, the cliffhanger follows the same pattern as Sid's at the end of series 2. We've yet to find out if Sid found Cassie, and I highly doubt we'll find out whether Cook killed the psycho/Cook goes to prison.

padraiglovesyou
03-21-2010, 01:54 AM
complete recast again so I think it's doubtful if we'll here what happened to them

littlemissymoo
04-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Only really liked series 1 and 2 not so bothered about series 3 and 4. To me Skins is more of a once it's been done why bother again. Should just have left it after series 2 personally.

jtr1gg3r
10-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Behold the revival! LOL

heres a link for you all ;)

http://www.e4.com/skins/series5/pictures/cast-reveal.html

katakana89
11-03-2010, 05:35 PM
I love the original show. Not looking forward to the American remake, though. It looks like crap. AND MTV is sponsoring it? Nah.

jtr1gg3r
01-27-2011, 08:22 AM
Skins starts again tonight (the UK one)

Anyone excited? I thought Freddie's sister was supposed to be in this series, but haven't seen her anywhere? =/

iBogg
01-30-2011, 02:56 PM
the first series was good but all others are rubbish..

MopFlop
01-31-2011, 01:45 AM
After watching the first episode of season 5 it seems alot better than 3 and 4, nothing will ever beat 1 and 2, but could be watchable. will have to see how it developes.
However Skins Uk destorys the US one.

UK Dennis
01-31-2011, 10:57 AM
After watching the first episode of season 5 it seems alot better than 3 and 4.

You're joking right?

MopFlop
02-01-2011, 12:05 AM
You're joking right? Im really not. 3 and 4 were dreadful absolute bollocks etc. spent 2 whole series (the whole of these character) about 2 people trying to get effy. I mean seriously WTF?!? tbh it may of been bad cause i compared it to 1 and 2 but yeah i thought they were bad and this seemed alot better (may be cause i love the metal guys)

boostracer
02-01-2011, 05:06 AM
I watched the US Skins with my fiancée out of curiosity, and I find the show pretty fucking stupid. I could only keep asking the same question over and over in my head. "What the fuck?"

NinjaKiwiVI
02-01-2011, 05:25 AM
Have yet to watch the original, but I've heard it's a lot better than the American version.

littlemissymoo
02-04-2011, 05:31 PM
What do people think about series 5 and the new third generation of Skins?
Personally so far it's pants! Anyone see last nights ep about the 'metalhead'

Kelly93
02-04-2011, 07:03 PM
Really dont like this series of skins so far... I know its only been two episodes in but its dreadful... First series was the best :)

jtr1gg3r
02-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Really dont like this series of skins so far... I know its only been two episodes in but its dreadful... First series was the best :)

Ditto.

This series has been absolutely wank. I like how before the episode they give a warning about "violence, sex and drug use etc" and there hasn't been any of it yet LOL

xICooRsYIx
02-07-2011, 03:43 PM
I honestly dont mind the show.. Ive never watched any of the prior series so maybe thats why... I dont have something to compare it too.

-xICooRsYIx

jtr1gg3r
02-07-2011, 03:59 PM
I honestly dont mind the show.. Ive never watched any of the prior series so maybe thats why... I dont have something to compare it too.

-xICooRsYIx

Seriously?!

Go watch series 1-4 Now! LOL

branishere
02-13-2011, 03:15 PM
bit crappy this season

jtr1gg3r
02-22-2011, 08:32 AM
The current series of Skins, is the worst series out of all of them.

That is all.

MopFlop
02-22-2011, 08:26 PM
Seriously?!

Go watch series 1-4 Now! LOL
No just watch season 1-2. 3-4 were shit just about 3 people. on the plus side this season is about everyone so far. not just a couple of people

ZackNovak
02-25-2011, 03:21 AM
I thought it was just decent after series 2. But it could be worse, you guys could have the awesome(sarcasm) American adaptation :p

ghostxface
02-27-2011, 05:22 PM
It was good for the first 2 series, the third was crap and this new series is really picking up... What I really want to know is during series 3, was Effy tripping hard when she hit Katie with the rock or was Katie actually saying all that stuff?

I know I'm behind but behold the power of www.4od.com!!! (http://www.4od.com!!!)
To answer your question, Effy was tripping hard when she hit Katie. & Katie knew she was tripping, so she was saying the things about the bugs just to freak Effy out. Aaaand it worked. Katie deserved it. :P

I love Skins. Got all 4 seasons on Netflix. And I'm contemplating watching the 5th season online, because I don't want to wait until it comes out on Netflix.

The re-made version for MTV, however...it's absolute shit. The actors...well, they can't even be called actors. It's just awful. And yet I watch it every week. *blank stare*

Snowwwwy
02-28-2011, 04:19 AM
Tried watching Skins, but didnt get far at all. Ew.

MopFlop
02-28-2011, 10:29 AM
i take it all back. since watching the last 2 season 5 eps without watch the american one on the same day, ive come to realise how bad it is. However i still cant stop watching it :( ...

jtr1gg3r
03-18-2011, 10:13 AM
Worst series yet, but it came good in the end.......... sort of.

It all got a bit soppy :p

Snowwwwy
03-19-2011, 12:17 AM
Worst series yet, but it came good in the end.......... sort of.
You got the first part right haha. Cant stand it haha.

Agent Aero
03-23-2011, 06:27 PM
Series 4 onwards of Skins is absolutely terrible. The writing is just awuful and nothing in the show relates to me whatsoever. I'm a 'Normal' British teen and i don't have mental issues/sexuality problems nor am i a drunken drug user.

I can see the writer wanting to tackle some issues that teenagers might have. But every character seems to have a life of hell with problems here, there and everywhere. It would be easier to just shoot them.

I also noticed that from Series 3 each character has been given their own episode and it really isolates them. Series 1 & 2 focused on 1 character/episode but managed to pull it off and make them seem as a group too.

Misfits> Skins.
/Thread.