PDA

View Full Version : Code on Gamestop receipt?

VEN0M726
03-02-2010, 05:25 AM
Where do you enter the code on your Gamestop receipt? It says code but I have no idea where to enter it.

piitbshinra
03-02-2010, 06:47 AM
in the store menu when you start the game. it didnt accept mine unless i used all caps tho :/

CozierZebra
03-02-2010, 10:01 AM
Note: It first asks for your serial code, which is the code you used to register the game. Then you fill out sign into your EA account and it will prompt you again to enter a valid code.

Volcom guy992
03-02-2010, 10:28 AM
Im so confused what are you talking about, there was no code for me.

resonance
03-03-2010, 09:00 AM
if you got the game from game stop, then you got the code. its in the middle of the receipt. i don't know why it wanted all CAPS though. same with the vip code.

and it looks like i have to start to drink Dr. Pepper for stuff.

littlejay
03-03-2010, 01:29 PM
no you don't. you can make several accounts and use the free codes. find the other DP threads to find out how. that dlc is not out though yet.

and the codes in the game do not download anything. everything is already on the disk lol. just buy the game new to get maps you already have on the disk :p

Kreegles
03-03-2010, 02:16 PM
What is the code on the ticket even for? I already entered my VIP code and my gamestop pre-order code. Good thing I still have my receipt, I almost threw it away.

McMffn
03-03-2010, 02:43 PM
Gamestop is putting the preorder codes on the receipts now instead of handing out those cards everytime, probably an easier way to make sure everyone gets there code, but it sounds like they are not doing a good job of letting everyone know this. Also, the Dr. Pepper DLC will be available March 8. (confirmed from by email from Dr. Pepper help center)

fear30x
03-03-2010, 04:51 PM
they handed me the card with my purchase, the vip code was inside the game case

Kronos1982
03-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Gamestop is putting the preorder codes on the receipts now instead of handing out those cards everytime, probably an easier way to make sure everyone gets there code, but it sounds like they are not doing a good job of letting everyone know this. Also, the Dr. Pepper DLC will be available March 8. (confirmed from by email from Dr. Pepper help center)

^^^What he said. When you go to the GameStop code redemption page and enter the code, it allows you to view a PDF of a BC2 pre-order card like the ones they usually hand out.

Hey, save paper and money, everyone gets the code. Whatever works!

What's funny is that it basically just tells you to go input the code on your receipt into the BC2 Store code redemption menu. Maybe you have to go to the GS site to render it active? No idea.

Ry8an25oliver93
03-03-2010, 06:07 PM
From what I understand the code on the GameStop receipt unlocks Squad Rush 30 Days early and AKS-74U early.

Tieg
03-03-2010, 06:20 PM
Also some Gamestops are not doing the code on the reciept. When I went to get mine they just gave me a card with the code on it. Loaded up the game, went, to the store option in the game, and entered in the code....worked perfectly. If you don't see a code on the receipt ask for a card.