PDA

View Full Version : Yayy

Evo Kazz
03-02-2010, 08:24 AM
I don't really sing on Lips as my misses plays with the kids, but even I am excited for an 80s release!! the Party Classics was a great compilation with some wicked tracks, should be fun!!

I noticed on todays news they released the achievements list, is anyone else suprised there is no 250,000 stars achievements? kind of relieved as once we hit 200,000 for the PC achievements were home free!! the achievement list looks like lots of fun actually.

DivinityCycle
03-02-2010, 09:58 AM
Hell yes, I just looked at the list. I'm glad they've finally stopped making even "grind for stars" achievements. That stuff is just time-consuming and not exactly fun. I'm also glad they made most of the achievements song-specific, as those sorts of Achievements are generally both more fun and more amusing, AND it will get people playing a greater variety of songs.

PerpetualHeaven
03-02-2010, 11:20 AM
Lips exists for PC? And, no, I'm not too happy that they keep bringing out brand new games for the achievements. Luckily enough, the actual games are cheap without the microphone. Looks like I'm buying all three for my girlfriend now. -.- Damn you, Microsft!

Svenndarkheart
03-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Its all marketing tactic to make money gratz to MS

Evo Kazz
03-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Lips exists for PC? And, no, I'm not too happy that they keep bringing out brand new games for the achievements. Luckily enough, the actual games are cheap without the microphone. Looks like I'm buying all three for my girlfriend now. -.- Damn you, Microsft!

PC = Party Classics not PC lol.

BR4DY
03-02-2010, 01:29 PM
Sneak preview of some of the songs on there by looking at the achievement list.

Gold - Spandau Ballet (frickin awesome!!)
A Little Respect - Erasure
Our House - Madness
Shout - Tears for Fears
Too Shy - Kajagoogoo
Celebration - Kool and the Gang
Do You Really Want To Hurt Me - Culture Club
Relax - Frankie Goes To Hollywood
The Power Of Love - Jennifer Rush (probably) or Frankie Goes To Hollywood

Hoping to see some Lionel and MJ as some of the other songs too, would be awesome.. hope they do a I love the 90s one afterwards too.

jason5489
03-02-2010, 02:41 PM
noooooooooooo not another expansion, my gamerscore is being ruined by this game, anyhoo id much rather it was the Huey Lewis version of power of love

Kellwolf9E
03-02-2010, 11:03 PM
The Power of Love could be Huey Lewis and the News off the Back to the Future soundtrack, too.

BR4DY
03-03-2010, 09:15 AM
Thats true, hope it is, that song is kickass!

SHOTO1981
03-03-2010, 09:58 AM
They need to put in 'Love and pride' by King.

keightley1980
03-03-2010, 05:38 PM
unfortunately it will be Power of Love, the Jennifer Rush song

hmmm i was wrong

GirlPower
03-05-2010, 12:55 AM
This sounds great, love Lips and love 80's music. Those preview tracks look wicked, I like them all!

Would be brilliant if they released a 90's one too, would be mostly pop bands with a bit of Blur and Oasis but I would love it :D

flanny86
03-06-2010, 02:21 PM
when is this 1 out as pc has jus been released?? dey r gettin em out quick now

keightley1980
03-07-2010, 05:04 PM
id like to know what record companies they have on board

keightley1980
03-08-2010, 05:34 PM
more songs

dont you want me - human league
rio - duran duran
whip it - devo
lets dance - david bowie

keightley1980
03-08-2010, 06:31 PM
ABC - "The Look Of Love"
Alphaville - "Forever Young"
Bananarama - "Cruel Summer"
Blondie - "Dreaming"
The Buggles - "Video Killed The Radio Star"
Chicago - "You're The Inspiration"
The Communards - "Don't Leave Me This Way"
Culture Club - "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me"
The Cure - "Boys Don't Cry"
David Bowie - "Let's Dance"
Devo - "Whip It"
Dexys Midnight Runners - "Come On Eileen"
Duran Duran - "Rio"
The Beat - "Mirror In The Bathroom"
Erasure - "A Little Respect"
Feargal Sharkey - "A Good Heart"
Frankie Goes To Hollywood - "Relax"
Huey Lewis & The News - "The Power Of Love"
Human League - "Don't You Want Me"
J. Geils Band - "Centerfold"
Joan Jett and The Blackhearts - "Bad Reputation"
Kajagoogoo - "Too Shy"
Katrina & The Waves - "Walking On Sunshine"
Kim Carnes - "Bette Davis Eyes"
Kim Wilde - "Kids In America"
Kool & The Gang - "Celebration"
Madness - "Our House"
New Order - "Blue Monday '88"
Nik Kershaw - "The Riddle"
Pat Benatar - "Love Is A Battlefield"
The Police - "Roxanne"
The Pretenders - "Don't Get Me Wrong"
Rick James - "Super Freak"
Simple Minds - "Alive And Kicking"
Soft Cell - "Tainted Love"
Spandau Ballet - "Gold"
Tears for Fears - "Shout"
Toni Basil - "Mickey"
Ultravox - "Vienna"
Yazoo - "Don't Go"

BR4DY
03-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Disappointed theres not more songs that I love in there and I do love the 80's, at least they have GOLD... probably one of my favourites, but no lionel, MJ, bon jovi, queen, foreigner, journey, whitesnake, REO speedwagon.. etc etc... but track list looks a lot better than party classics of which I only liked about 10 or so.

Girlfriend will be pleased to learn Love Is A Battlefield is on there... hmm think i'll be getting my arse handed to me on that one

Is there a confirmed release date for it yet?

keightley1980
03-09-2010, 09:39 PM
i never thought i would see mj on it, just like i would never see a Madonna track on it.

i would hazard a guess at your theme of rock ballads coming very soon.

williamsjohn83
03-15-2010, 12:36 PM
According to play.com the release date is 02-04-10 so about 3 weeks away for UK

Wingman709
03-15-2010, 02:24 PM
Does anyone know if this is coming to the US? I can't find any info about this for the States. I really hope it comes out here as I love the 80's and really want this.

TigaSefi
03-18-2010, 11:36 AM
Ordered for 20 from www.game.co.uk and same price at www.gameplay.co.uk

keightley1980
03-22-2010, 07:39 AM
ordered it from game as well as i had some reward points still left.

i only have 2 challenge wins so if anyone wants to add me, feel free.

BR4DY
03-22-2010, 02:06 PM
I pre-ordered it from Play today.. is only 18 on there

Probably wont get it till the saturday because of bank holiday but not that bothered. Found it quite easy to get gold on the party classic songs after playing the day after release.. mainly because the americans get it way after us europeans for once :woop: even managed to get a diamond last night on a party classic song - To Be With You (coop).

Cephiros
03-26-2010, 03:18 AM
Looks like if I might have to import if I don't hear about a US release soon. I know that the PAL ver. have worked on NTSC machines before.

rabies
03-26-2010, 12:55 PM
Looks like if I might have to import if I don't hear about a US release soon. I know that the PAL ver. have worked on NTSC machines before.

I'm sure they will US release it...we're just behind...party classics came out not too long ago. I have a feeling you'll start seeing it next month sometime...according to amazon, party classics released on march 2nd. Perhaps we'll get it released in the US here at the start of April.

Cephiros
03-29-2010, 04:10 AM
I'm sure they will US release it...we're just behind...party classics came out not too long ago. I have a feeling you'll start seeing it next month sometime...according to amazon, party classics released on march 2nd. Perhaps we'll get it released in the US here at the start of April.

I'm sure it is coming here since it has been rated by the ESRB. I'm just impatient. Plus, with Game + Shipping + 3% fee for foreign exchange charges. It comes out to be roughly the same amount anyways. Since it would be game + sales tax here.

TigaSefi
03-30-2010, 05:15 PM
Already got most of the achievements. Very easy to get!!

keightley1980
03-31-2010, 01:05 PM
game cancelled my order for whatever reason, im just gonna wait a month and then it will be down in price

Ravenousguy
04-16-2010, 04:54 AM
I'm impressed with just about all the songs on this latest one!

But hopefully they do keep releasing more songs online atleast.
There's quite a few songs i'ld love to see avaliable.