PDA

View Full Version : 0-100,000GS before Christmas 2010. Oh, and new to the forums.

Jdawg x360a
03-02-2010, 03:43 PM
Yeah, I know it's a bit overambitious.

Technically, it is possible. It works out at about 10,000 per month from now up until December. There are enough games to do it, but that's in a perfect world. I have money, time and being a teenage dad to think about.

But yeah, I'm going to give it a go. I thought this would be the best place to find people who are interested in what I'm doing, so if you are then feel free to add me on XBL so you can keep up-to-date.

I'm new here as you can see by the post count, so this is my big introduction. It's great to be a part of this excellent community, and hopefully the people here can help me get to the big six digits in record time!

SilverSluggerMZ
03-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I know it's a bit overambitious.

Technically, it is possible. It works out at about 10,000 per month from now up until December. There are enough games to do it, but that's in a perfect world. I have money, time and being a teenage dad to think about.

But yeah, I'm going to give it a go. I thought this would be the best place to find people who are interested in what I'm doing, so if you are then feel free to add me on XBL so you can keep up-to-date.

I'm new here as you can see by the post count, so this is my big introduction. It's great to be a part of this excellent community, and hopefully the people here can help me get to the big six digits in record time!

Wait a minute... You are a father to a teenager or you are a teenager who is a father?

If you are a teenager who is a father, I sure hope you don't waste your money and days upon days of your life to get gamerscore in record time..

I'd hope you'd spend time with your child, especially if you couldn't wrap it up at a young age.

But, that's only if you're a teenager who is a father.

If you're a father of a teenager, game on.

ZanKioH
03-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Wait a minute... You are a father to a teenager or you are a teenager who is a father?

If you are a teenager who is a father, I sure hope you don't waste your money and days upon days of your life to get gamerscore in record time..

I'd hope you'd spend time with your child, especially if you couldn't wrap it up at a young age.

My exact thoughts.

Kunduz
03-02-2010, 04:05 PM
My exact thoughts. Same here, and good luck I guess

Jdawg x360a
03-02-2010, 04:09 PM

Yes, I am a teenager who is a father, but lets just clear a few things up.

1) I don't have full custody of my daughter, I see her for a limited number of hours three times a week. That time will most certainly NOT be spent on the Xbox. For the rest of the time, I am free to do whatever I want and if that includes getting gamerscore in record time, then I think that's fair enough.

2) My child comes first, and that includes financially. She is ALWAYS supported and she always will be, because I will make sure of that. Being a father doesn't prohibit me from spending money on myself as well as my child.

3) You will notice I said in my first post that money and time were going to be big factors in whether or not I achieve my goal. Obviously this is because I spend a lot of time and money on being a dad, which is something I enjoy. Gaming is also something I enjoy and I like to do what I please in my spare time without being told in a roundabout way that I shouldn't be doing it.

Not meaning to argue or anything, but it seems I may have been unfairly judged, especially when people are throwing around comments like "couldn't wrap it up". It's a shame that I have to justify my choice of hobby on the Internet as well as explain the circumstances of my relationship with my daughter.

Like I said, I don't want to argue with anyone here but your post seemed a little judgmental. I have my priorities sorted out, and gaming will NEVER come before my daughter.

SHOTO1981
03-02-2010, 04:26 PM
You do seem to have been thrown to the wolves without trial.
Welcome to the site, and good luck on your goal.
Whats your current score?

Jdawg x360a
03-02-2010, 04:30 PM
You do seem to have been thrown to the wolves without trial.
Welcome to the site, and good luck on your goal.
Whats your current score?

Thank you. At the moment my account is only about half an hour old, so I'm sitting on a big 0. Luckily I have about 7 pretty quick 1000s lying around that I'm going to start off with and get the ball rolling.

Like I said, not going to be easy but a good start always helps.

KWEY516
03-02-2010, 05:48 PM
all you need to do is the gamestop rental plan buy a used game and return it within 7 days your gamerscore will increase tenfold

note this only works if you have a gamestop close to you

good luck

Jdawg x360a
03-02-2010, 06:18 PM
all you need to do is the gamestop rental plan buy a used game and return it within 7 days your gamerscore will increase tenfold

note this only works if you have a gamestop close to you

good luck

Unfortunately not, but I do have a rental plan going for 13.99 a month which gives me two games at a time, so that should hopefully come in useful.

UAV Rays
03-03-2010, 03:42 AM
That's a pretty big goal. Good Luck with it.

DeekBoy
03-03-2010, 05:59 AM
best of luck to you man. keep your head up

SilverSluggerMZ
03-03-2010, 06:15 AM
Yes, I am a teenager who is a father, but lets just clear a few things up.

1) I don't have full custody of my daughter, I see her for a limited number of hours three times a week. That time will most certainly NOT be spent on the Xbox. For the rest of the time, I am free to do whatever I want and if that includes getting gamerscore in record time, then I think that's fair enough.

2) My child comes first, and that includes financially. She is ALWAYS supported and she always will be, because I will make sure of that. Being a father doesn't prohibit me from spending money on myself as well as my child.

3) You will notice I said in my first post that money and time were going to be big factors in whether or not I achieve my goal. Obviously this is because I spend a lot of time and money on being a dad, which is something I enjoy. Gaming is also something I enjoy and I like to do what I please in my spare time without being told in a roundabout way that I shouldn't be doing it.

Not meaning to argue or anything, but it seems I may have been unfairly judged, especially when people are throwing around comments like "couldn't wrap it up". It's a shame that I have to justify my choice of hobby on the Internet as well as explain the circumstances of my relationship with my daughter.

Like I said, I don't want to argue with anyone here but your post seemed a little judgmental. I have my priorities sorted out, and gaming will NEVER come before my daughter.

Definitely was not trying to start an argument or in anyway try to tell you how to father/spend your time with your little one. Just was hoping as a teenage father you don't regret not spending enough time with your child when you get older because you decided gaming was more important.

And, you made that clear in that post. Did not mean to offend you or come off as an ass. Just hope you choose your decisions wisely.

Good luck on your goal and take a look at my tag if I can help you out with anything.

Rebmob
03-03-2010, 06:18 AM
Good luck on your quest to 100,000 in a year, it will get tedious.. And welcome to x360a!

Nikke84
03-03-2010, 07:26 AM
Doable with easy games, I myself average at around 50k/year. About 1k every week but I can't really stand playing two shitty/easy games in a row.
I wish you good luck.

SharksInYourMouth
03-03-2010, 07:36 AM
Welcome! Good luck with the 100,000GS bro, will be fairly rad too see you get it! :D

vetteindreams
03-03-2010, 07:40 AM
good luck - that's a mega-goal

so are there any gaming stores nearby? friends that are prepared to share old titles etc?

oh yeah and welcome aboard

KillerBEA
03-03-2010, 07:49 AM
Good luck and keep that completion rate up,. something i fail at cause of my attention span slips and i want to play something else

Smooth Dan
03-03-2010, 11:19 AM
Welcome and good luck dude

Nozza XBA
03-03-2010, 11:41 AM
Good luck!

If you manage to do it I will applaud you and shake my fist at you at the same time. Well not at the same time caus that would look stupid.

Applaud because its a major thing to accomplish.
Shake my fist because its taken me 4 years just to get myself to 62k lol (only started whoring last year though but still)

THE NICK1987
03-03-2010, 11:46 AM
With this site.. it's EASILY do-able!!

I did it in 12 months, but for the first 2-3 months i mainly played call of duty multiplayer like a little fan boy :p so i'd say it took me about 9, maybe 10 months to hit 100,000. with enough money/time and knowledge, it's not too hard!

Good luck and welcome to the site

CoolFusion17
03-03-2010, 08:30 PM
You won't get 100k G before the end of this year, and if by some miracle you do i feel sorry for your kid.

the_goon
03-03-2010, 10:14 PM
:weirdo A lofty goal, but hey, if you think you can do it without interrupting everyday life, then go for it.

Good luck.

zelderman
03-05-2010, 10:30 AM
100,000! I just got a quarter way there about a month ago. Good luck man! I started a new profile to strictly play Fallout with all the DLC, just cause I love the game so much. Gonna go for the 100% on that again. Plus I want to get it on Pc so thats another 1550. Can't wait for New Vegas!

specVjavi
03-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Welcome to the site and good luck on your goal. Obviously probably no one here knows you well enough to judge you, so just ignore those comments. If you can do it without hurting yourself or anyone dear to you, then game on my friend. I myself am trying to get to 100,000 by the end if this year, and ive already got quite the head start on you and i feel like its gonna be tough =p.

Luckily this site has excellent guides, and lots of fellow boosters. So, cheers and good luck.

Contrah
03-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Can I ask why you have x360a in your username? or are you on a new x360a account?

NoManBits
03-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Hey..i thought my 38,294-100,000 GS was crazy!(also planning to finish in December 2010) i'm getting UP and Ice Age this week from gamefly...can't wait!!