PDA

View Full Version : Very trange acheivment unlock.. *spoilers*

AngelCakeTom
03-02-2010, 05:26 PM
so i was playing another another run through, with lots of bad karma... and i got to the 'You gotta shoot 'em in the head acheivment'. now i went for the 'max caps' way though, siding with everyone, eventualy killing, Ted, Dave, Alister, and getting a woman to steal dukov's key (because i like Dukov).. and i went back to underworld to collect my rewards ( and then go raid the fort.) and realised that in a firefight i had previously had in Underworld (trying to get Caron's contract), i had killed Crowley (oh feck) and the acheivment then as lost right? nope...

i proceeded to fort constantine (having all 3 keys...) and went thrugh its bunkers and mazes.. and picked up all its weaponry, when i picket up the T-51 proto armour, the acheivment for completing the quest popped, and it saud 'quest completed' im curious to see if anyone else found this or if its a glitche or what? it worked out well for me as i didnt need to go through killing crowley for the keys and i alreadt have 5000+ caps. so my advice, try this method, its alot easier :P

Epic Henchman
03-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Well that's nothing spectacular since choosing not to side with crowley and getting the T-51b armour for yourself is just another way to end the quest so why wouldn't it unlock the achievement? You can either just follow his orders and get the keys and collect your reward only to see him in the armour days later or you can convince him into telling you why he really wants them and you can refuse him and get the armour yourself. Though since you killed him you only had that one option open to you.

AngelCakeTom
03-03-2010, 02:17 AM
but my logic is. surely because i killed crowely and tenpenny without collecting a reward from either side, i should have in effect made the quest impossible? and when i then killed the toher 3, came back to find i had killed crowley and went to constantine (which i had to find off my own back as i hadnt spoken to him since i started the quest) and got the armour, should it have unlocked, or was it just the game thinking, oh hes done everyting but hasnt actually compltedthe quest, i suppose we better label it complete...

WholeWorldBlind
03-03-2010, 04:50 AM
Plus, the keys are more the object of the quest than they are the reward, at least from the quest's point of view...you have to collect the keys and turn them in to complete the quest, after which you can kill Dukov and reclaim the keys for the "real" reward...but I suppose you don't actually have to "kill" all the Behemoths either...

Epic Henchman
03-03-2010, 01:56 PM
but my logic is. surely because i killed crowely and tenpenny without collecting a reward from either side, i should have in effect made the quest impossible?
well no since by killing crowley all that's changed is the fact that you will not be able to give him the keys and do the normal ending of the quest. if you killed crowely after getting the quest you still have the option to talk to the other characters about the keys which opens up the info on what their ment for and still leaves the alternate ending of the quest open (going to fort Constantine)