PDA

View Full Version : DSi XL

Paka
03-02-2010, 05:55 PM
So now that it is announced for release here, anybody going to pick one up? If my husband had not just bought me a regular pink DSi for my birthday I probably would; I may get one anyways for him (though he is not a gamer, I think he'll like the web browser, Brain Age games, and camera). People don't seem to like the colors but I actually really like the burgundy. On the positive side, the battery life is supposed to be longer, and as I actually like the Opera browser it would be nicer on a larger screen. On the other hand, I've heard because the screen is so big that the games can look blocky.

As an aside, my DSi, like one of my DS lites, has a stuck pixel. Is this still a big problem with these systems? Luckily the pixel on the DSi isn't very bright but it still annoys me, and I never could get rid of the one on the lite even though I tried a few methods suggested. Someone suggested elsewhere sending it back to Nintendo which I'll probably do if I can't fix it myself.

Star-Yukiko
03-15-2010, 08:47 PM
My friend has about 3 different DS, oh yes, the original, lite and DSi. I'm satisfied with my Lite since I'm content with only playing games with my DS and not taking photos and such. But if you haven't gotten one of the pre-NDS I would say go for the newest one, but if the game graphics are "blocky" as you said, you should go with a DSi.

linktriforce007
05-13-2010, 11:23 PM
I got a DSi XL, and the graphics aren't blocky at all. And my eyes are very sensitive.