PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else hate Prequels..

frogcrazyant
03-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Im sorry to say, but Im not that fond of prequels. You already know whats going to happen at the end of the game, in a general sense. I mean yeah sure this game is going to be good. But man, why does this have to be the last game! No prequel should be the last game. Its just not. cool.

IWHBYD
03-03-2010, 04:09 AM
I enjoy prequels when done right, also this won't be the last Halo game there's way to much money in Halo.

Ace Of Dawn
03-03-2010, 05:16 PM
It is, for the time being, Bungie's last Halo game. One Reach is released, 343 Industries will have complete control over all Halo IP (well, mostly). The only way Bungie will continue and make another game is if 343 Industries asks them to do so.

As for 343 Industries themselves, they have not revealed what they are going to do.

n1ck3sixty
03-04-2010, 12:28 PM
star was had a prequel?

IWHBYD
03-05-2010, 02:59 AM
It is, for the time being, Bungie's last Halo game. One Reach is released, 343 Industries will have complete control over all Halo IP (well, mostly). The only way Bungie will continue and make another game is if 343 Industries asks them to do so.

As for 343 Industries themselves, they have not revealed what they are going to do.

Just wait Bungie will make another Halo game and it won't take more than a couple of years. They can say they won't or say have no plans all they want but it will happen.

Ace Of Dawn
03-05-2010, 05:13 AM
Just wait Bungie will make another Halo game and it won't take more than a couple of years. They can say they won't or say have no plans all they want but it will happen.
Except they really can't without Microsoft's okay, and they have repeatedly stated they are working on another IP.

I honestly doubt Bungie will come back to Halo anytime soon.

IWHBYD
03-05-2010, 10:33 AM
I guess only time will tell. ;)

tuC0M
03-15-2010, 11:46 PM
I think in general prequels are sort of annoying. But from watching all the ViDocs about the story line and game I'm pretty excited about it. There was always the Halo books about this story so it will be cool to see it fleshed out in a game.

Madfrog0
03-19-2010, 06:24 PM
i dont mind em, as long as they're good.

ReaLiStiiC
03-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Too bad it will be a prequel for their last game. I wanted them to go forward from 3 not backwards :P But I am hoping this is going to be really fun.

hippymanjas
03-19-2010, 09:13 PM
No doubt I'd play it but the whole prequel release makes it confusing to follow storylines. Several films have done it a completely haphazard order (a film, a prequel then a sequel to the prequel). And then there is LOST...

I guess making them in chronological order is just a stupid idea nowadays!

HaloWarzBoi412
03-27-2010, 03:45 AM
I guess making them in chronological order is just a stupid idea nowadays!

If one had to point fingers then I would say Quintin Tarantino has been responsible for this with this 'time-shifting' type of story telling in 'Pulp Fiction'. Ever since then this has become way more popular way to tell stories.

Myself I don't really care for prequels however I make an exception for Halo Wars! :boom

JohnnyR74
03-27-2010, 04:06 AM
Yeah, I'm not a fan of prequels. (Perfect Dark Zero comes to mind.) But this game is looking great, I know Bungie will do a fantastic job on this.

D.A.N.
03-29-2010, 05:48 AM
Prequels aren't about telling you what's going to happen, it's about establishing a base and setting the tone for what will. The story of Reach is particularly an interesting story in it's own. It isn't about the big picture of the humans against the Covenant and is more about the Covenant hitting people, and the spartans, hard.