PDA

View Full Version : First boss on easy.. cant beat him lol ;(

drgonzo247
03-03-2010, 12:03 AM
Hi,

Whats the big deal??? I'm playing this game through on easy and get to the first boss... The one in the castle with the mini gun and bombs... I must of taken him on over a 100 times now and I just cant beat him???

Is this some kind of sick joke or what...

Help please anyone? ;(

Cheers,
drgonzo247

smacd
03-03-2010, 04:59 PM
keep moving, and try stronger weapons like the devastator. Best advice I've got

ianke_2002
03-07-2010, 05:10 PM
ya..im on the second difficulty and cant even beat him either.........btw...you dont get the devastator that early.....also....is it possible to turn the difficulty down when youve already started or would you have to make a new game?

macgyver893
03-07-2010, 06:51 PM
I think you would need to start a new game to lower the difficulty. But you can always start at the last level you unlocked and not from the very beginning.... I think!

BanditBanks
03-08-2010, 02:17 AM
You could always ask someone to help you on co-op since you can respawn when you die.

If you're going for the acievement of beating that Episode. As long as you have beaten a level, it counts. So you can do any level on any difficulty and it will count towards the achievement.
The only levels that don't count are the secret levels. So for Episode 1 it would be the Launch Facility... Or something, I can't quite remember the name.

xdiamondxinfernox
04-04-2010, 07:33 AM
use jetpack and fly around him with rpg firing at him. keep your distance as he loses accuracy as his bullets travel further. dont bother saving any ammo since once you finish lvl you start next episode with just pistol anyways. if you need more help hit my gt up it is -a fat turkey- plain and simple. gone through the game like 10 times on damn im good and no where all secrets are by heart. some secrets can help alot so be sure to use them if you know where they are.

ktilla23
04-22-2010, 04:32 AM
Trun off auto aim in the opinions and get a least 30 to 35 RPG ammo and aim for the head. If you dont kill him, kill yourself and uses the replay and try again.

Gilliver
08-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Jump about using med kits and shoot him with your rocket launcher... its that easy :P

Deathly Shade
02-03-2011, 08:09 PM
It's definitely a tough boss. I beat him by the skin of my teeth. :)

JimD2525
02-23-2011, 03:34 AM
To beat the first (1st) "Big Boss" difficulty was on 'Piece of Cake'.
I ran to one end of map, where there is a narrow blind alley-way.
Deploy the Holo-Duke just at start of alley-way, then move back behind (well back) from Holo-Duke.
The dumb-ass "Big Boss" concentrated all his fire-power on the Holo-Duke, while I pumped Rocket-launcher into his (Big Boss) head.
It is as simple as that.
Once you beat the "Big Boss" & press (A) couple times, 25(G) for:
"Piece of Cake" (Complete "L.A. Meltdown" on any difficulty or in co-op) will Unlock.
(Unless already unlocked).
Cheers to all, Jim

mcass23
03-15-2011, 05:25 AM
Dont really know if anyone still needs this advice...

So, I put down a HaloDuke...which seemed to do absolutely nothing (maybe it wasnt far enough away up the hallwall there)....but what did help was running to collect all the rockets (4) and atomic life (2) in a counter-circle...then using the momentum off the ramp of lava onto the platform with the three frozen/cocoon people and shot with rockets at his head from there. It was pretty much a straight shot to the head...no real aiming involved...and his gun couldnt hit me at that level given his proximity to the platform. He could still shoot grenades at me, so you still must move around a bit. Should be much easier from there.

I did kill those three people...couldnt tell if it did anything...but who knows. I do believe there was some ammo/health behind them though.

Hope this helps to all future Duke fans!

TVthePunisher
06-29-2011, 02:42 AM
use jetpack and fly around him with rpg firing at him. keep your distance as he loses accuracy as his bullets travel further. dont bother saving any ammo since once you finish lvl you start next episode with just pistol anyways. if you need more help hit my gt up it is -a fat turkey- plain and simple. gone through the game like 10 times on damn im good and no where all secrets are by heart. some secrets can help alot so be sure to use them if you know where they are.

Weird, I started with all my stuff from Abyss o.o;

theirishmagnum
01-21-2012, 04:44 AM
msg me for help, ill run you through it np

ToCliche
07-22-2013, 02:15 AM
I beat him on easy just keep moving and do your best you will beat him eventually I guarantee it.