PDA

View Full Version : The Marriage Ref

CMCX360
03-03-2010, 02:46 AM
Did anybody see the preview episode for this after the Winter Olympics on Sunday night? I thought it was pretty funny and I am looking forward to Thursday night's episode.

The Pants Party
03-03-2010, 04:19 AM
Yeah, my wife made me watch but I was pleasantly surprised. People are caraaaazy. :p

Should be worth some laughs every week as long as the guest stars are decent. I saw one of the upcoming ones has Madonna, not really thinking she'll be worth my time, but Ricky Gervais and more Alec Baldwin would be welcome.

BarbaricGoose
03-03-2010, 05:43 AM
As much as I adore Alec Baldwin and Ricky Gervais, Jerry Seinfeld is such an insufferable douchebag I don't think I could manage to sit through it.

The whole idea seems pretty damn stupid to me. I realize it's supposed to be a comedy, but seriously, celebrities judging peoples marriages? Wouldn't they be the last people you would talk to about forging long lasting relationships? When I think "Who's a smart and educated person who's had a lot of training in dealing with marital disputes?" I do not think Madonna.

gatorbait
03-03-2010, 05:58 AM
The previews did an excellent job of making sure i did not watch this. This is the start of a couple months featuring terrible shows that will be short lived. Happens every year.

The premise itself isn't the least bit interesting.

The Pants Party
03-03-2010, 01:04 PM
I think everyone might have the wrong idea about the show. For instance, the first episode they judged two couples on a single issue. The first couple, the man wanted to have his dog of 14 years who just died taxidermied (stuffed) and put on display in a small arch-brick shrine he'd built right next to the front door. So they joke about it and side with one of the them. The second couple, the man wanted to install a stripper pole in the bedroom. Again, just some jokes and them siding with one of the people.

It's not like they're actually giving real relationship advice. The couples are happy (for the most part), they just have a fairly ludicrous situation they're dealing with, which is funny in itself, and then everyone makes light of it and declares a "winner" in the argument. It's actually pretty good, give it a shot.

ApochWeiss
03-03-2010, 03:13 PM
I think everyone might have the wrong idea about the show. For instance, the first episode they judged two couples on a single issue. The first couple, the man wanted to have his dog of 14 years who just died taxidermied (stuffed) and put on display in a small arch-brick shrine he'd built right next to the front door. So they joke about it and side with one of the them. The second couple, the man wanted to install a stripper pole in the bedroom. Again, just some jokes and them siding with one of the people.

It's not like they're actually giving real relationship advice. The couples are happy (for the most part), they just have a fairly ludicrous situation they're dealing with, which is funny in itself, and then everyone makes light of it and declares a "winner" in the argument. It's actually pretty good, give it a shot.

Taxidermie? Stripple poles? Shrines? The? You, sir, have sold me. I'll watch it when I get home later tonight. But god help if you are wrong and I don't find it at all "funny".

CMCX360
03-03-2010, 03:19 PM
You can watch the first episode on NBC.com.

CMCX360
03-05-2010, 04:08 AM
Tonight's episode was hillarious. Marv Albert completes the show with his announcing. Great stuff.

BarbaricGoose
03-05-2010, 05:04 AM

Ah, I see. Well, I stand by my original statement in that Jerry Seinfeld is the king of douchebags. Or.. I said something along those lines.

May just have to deal with Seinfeld and give it a watch. :(

CMCX360
03-05-2010, 05:21 AM
Well Jerry isn't always going to be a panelist. Next week he isn't.

The Pants Party
03-05-2010, 05:25 AM
Not a huge fan of his either. Can't stand the show he had, not sure why everyone thinks it was the best ever on TV. He's actually better here than he was there, or in his stand-up which is cringe-worthy. The other panelists and the "contestants" make up for it though.

CMCX360
03-12-2010, 02:06 PM
Well, last night's episode was the funniest yet, and I laughed the entire hour.

Next week is Martha Stewart, Cedric The Entertainer, and Jason Alexander.