PDA

View Full Version : Just completed the game

Juiceh
03-04-2010, 11:39 PM
One of the best campaigns I have ever played in my life. This is in my top 5, right after ME2, MW1, MW2 and Mirror's Edge.
Also the achievements are quite simple for the SP. There's only 1 difficulty achievement, which I had in 4 minutes. If you dont have the game, it's definetly worth the money. I have all but 1 achievement just running once through the campaign (Didn't destroy 50 houses yet).

Also, I found almost all M-COM stations. You need 24 (all) for the last achievement, but it unlocks at 22.

Apexeus
03-05-2010, 12:03 AM
Just done it myself. Feels far too short though, i mean i started at 1p GMT, and finished just before 11:30pm. Got to mission 10 on Hard and got sick of dying, had to put it down to easy.

The story is a bit bonkers though. Also, why no mention of The Legionaire? He didn't die at the end of BC1, why was he never mentioned in BC2?

elephantd
03-05-2010, 12:06 AM
I feel the same way juiceh, it's like they dropped off the face of the planet no mercs in the whole campaign.:/

I liked this campaign alot, little short but it seems all campaigns for online shooter's are short these days.

Kronos1982
03-05-2010, 12:25 AM
also, why no mention of the legionaire? He didn't die at the end of bc1, why was he never mentioned in bc2?

Bad Company 3??????

captain host
03-05-2010, 12:48 AM
One of the best campaigns I have ever played in my life. This is in my top 5, right after ME2, MW1, MW2 and Mirror's Edge.
Also the achievements are quite simple for the SP. There's only 1 difficulty achievement, which I had in 4 minutes. If you dont have the game, it's definetly worth the money. I have all but 1 achievement just running once through the campaign (Didn't destroy 50 houses yet).

Also, I found almost all M-COM stations. You need 24 (all) for the last achievement, but it unlocks at 22. Mirror's Edge :(
Constant falling in a hole made me forget about the story and replace all my feeling whit hatred :eek:

InsaneKane87
03-05-2010, 01:19 AM
I just finished as well, i dont even know what to say it was so amazing. I finished the last lvl on hard to idk why but it seemed easier lol. I loved all the mw2 references ;)

Juiceh
03-05-2010, 03:25 AM
Mirror's Edge :(
Constant falling in a hole made me forget about the story and replace all my feeling whit hatred :eek:

It's like any alternative game out there. You gotta get good at it, know where you can jump, analyse the shortest routes and just keep trying untill you get past checkpoints. I almost cried the first hours I played the game. You really need to get used to the controls, since there's so many techniques you can use.
I did the campaign 3x already. (normal, hard & hidden bags, without shooting) and I'm going for a rerun soon to do the campaign trials.

BC2: Also just did the multiplayer and it was absolutely amazing. I disliked BC1 due to lagg problems and the maps being oversized but didn't have any feeling of actually ever finding any enemies.
And even though I dont want this to turn into a MW2vsBC2 fanboy thread, both games are worth rivals of eachother. And I'll have alot of multiplayer fun this year doing both games.

elephantd
03-05-2010, 03:36 AM
BC2: Also just did the multiplayer and it was absolutely amazing. I disliked BC1 due to lagg problems and the maps being oversized but didn't have any feeling of actually ever finding any enemies.
And even though I dont want this to turn into a MW2vsBC2 fanboy thread, both games are worth rivals of eachother. And I'll have alot of multiplayer fun this year doing both games.

I was actually better at BC2, because of how big the maps were, I knew where and when the enemies would take certain routes. This game is so close you can't really stay on one route because the routes are so close together. Just a different monster to concur i guess.:P I have been getting horrible lag but i belive it's because of my connection.

Balc0ra
03-05-2010, 11:28 AM
I loved it to. Some unique and good missions compared to most games. The only thing I miss is the silliness and "non military" way they did things in BC1.
Like when Haggard stormed the border. They just did every thing with brute force and made decisions as they got to it. Heck even Haggard is more tactical now. Like on the mission where he was the spotter for you. They seemed more trained, more hardened. More experienced. Not the B-company I liked. But they still got some of the humor left at least. some good one liners and such. And I missed a character like the president "harsh but fair" Even the general radio chatter was more serious. Like the Humvee convoy or the tank mission.

And the conversations they have when you don't move for a bit. The weird movie talks like tremors. Or if they would miss Haggard if he died. Or how things where back home. What Haggard does on his free time, fishing, food, sports, weapons, If the nuke is still haggard's fav explosion of all time. Tho that changed after the satellite crashed. Or the helicopter pilot calling em to get help with his crossword puzzles. Tho no mention of truckasaurus rex... Or radio in the cars :/ I miss surf radio

They at least keept some stuff. But did go down a more serious more hardened path. But I guess if they wanna "compete" with MW2 they need to be a bit more hard core on some areas.

And what happened to Miss July?

Barad
03-05-2010, 01:02 PM
I have yet to start the campaign just diving into mp first, Im sure i will love it as i did with the first game!

NOTswaggers
03-05-2010, 02:23 PM
Great story but as I said in my other thread - WHAT THE F HAPPENED TO ALL THEIR GOLD?

The NPCs not being around, things can happen. But the fact that these 4 guys finished BC1 multi-multi-millionaires and there isn't a single mention of it. That is just LAZY storytelling.