View Full Version : Fallout 3 quests

03-05-2010, 11:36 AM
Hey am wondering what is the best order for the quest acheivements because i have read that you have to do certain quests before another.

03-05-2010, 12:47 PM
Optional quest before main quests, I guess. If you want to get as many achievements as possible, in your first run.

03-05-2010, 03:53 PM
You can do whatever order you want, but unless you have/plan to buy "Broken Steel" DLC I would save the "Take it Back" mission until you are done with the side quests. "Take it Back" will end the game, but if you have the "Broken Steel" DLC it will allow you to continue (also allow you to level up to 30).

03-05-2010, 03:57 PM
In terms of the DLC, I'd heartily recommend Broken Steel and Point Lookout. I'd give a thumbs down to Mothership Zeta and in between to the others. Oh, wait, that wasn't the question :P

My approach was just to explore, and do the missions as you find them. If you really can't find where something is, then look it up. But don't bother planning too much on the sequence of the quests.

03-05-2010, 10:11 PM
i would get through the main quests as fast as possible but stop before starting 'take it back', then start on the misc quests. if you reach level 20 and want the DLC get 'broken steel' now to increase the level cap, and continue with the misc quests, once there all mopd up, do 'take it back' then the broken steel quests, then continue onto te other 4 DLC's...

03-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Scroll to the bottom of this thread to find out what quests to do first so you won't miss out on any other ones.

03-06-2010, 11:44 PM
A very useful item is the Ghoul Mask, which makes Feral Ghouls and their variants non-hostile to you. To get it, complete the Tenpenny Tower quest in favour of the ghouls. You can do this quest very early on, basically the first time you find Tenpenny Tower.

Having the mask makes places like the Dunwich Building much easier to navigate. It's still creepy as hell, but you won't have to fight off the waves of Ghouls haunting the place.

Xylon Uxkid
03-07-2010, 04:32 AM
There's not a specific order to do them, but I recommend you to leave Reillys Ranger to last, because is one of the harder missions.