PDA

View Full Version : Health

Kid Kime
03-05-2010, 01:02 PM
Just started this game, and im finding it pretty difficult. I have just tried to deliver Lucy West's letter, but i find it difficult to get across the map without getting killed so easily. What items are best for restoring health?

Simpax are good (what ever they're called!) but i cant buy any because I have no money, so whats the best way to get money??! I killed Silver, and took her 100caps to give to the guy in Megaton for info about Dad, then I killed him, to get my money back, but I cant get the money from him!

Pushtrak
03-05-2010, 01:05 PM
Depending on the character build you are using, the game can be quite challenging at the start. Try and focus your level ups on as few things as possible. I'd suggest maybe lowering the difficulty till you get into things properly. You know where that school is near Megaton? Where there are bandits? If you clear that area, there is a bed in the building. Sleep in a bed to recover health. Also, sell off stuff.

Good on you working on the Lucy quest. There is also going to be a bed in the area she sends you that you can sleep in to recover health without the use of items. I'd find myself fast travelling to that area to sleep in the bed a lot. Throughout the game, not just at the start.

LilGurgi
03-05-2010, 03:50 PM
Try to open/pick up anything and everything that doesn't show up with red letters (red letters lower karma, get people mad at you). You can sell/trade all of these items for money/weapons/armor/items. There will be areas where you're character won't be able to handle some of the enemies early in the game. You will have to lower the difficulty or learn to stay away from certain areas/run until your character gets leveled up a few times.

Pushtrak
03-05-2010, 03:54 PM
Depending on what kind of character you are playing, though, a lower karma isn't a negative.

Jakethemuss
03-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Just started this game, and im finding it pretty difficult. I have just tried to deliver Lucy West's letter, but i find it difficult to get across the map without getting killed so easily. What items are best for restoring health?

Simpax are good (what ever they're called!) but i cant buy any because I have no money, so whats the best way to get money??! I killed Silver, and took her 100caps to give to the guy in Megaton for info about Dad, then I killed him, to get my money back, but I cant get the money from him!

I had the same problem my first go, I kept running into enemies I couldn't handle...I ran out of ammo ROFL! (this was on easy BTW!!)

My advice would be to play a bit of hide and seek neat the beginning, only shoot what is in your way when trying to get from point to point. Don't take on super mutants with a pistol, you'll run low on ammo and take a beating.

Collect ALL stimpacks you come across...I didn't need to buy any, period.

Collect all different guns and AMMO you come across (primarily from dead enemy). You start with a fairly generous weight allowance, so just collect until its time to drop stuff.

Paka
03-05-2010, 05:10 PM
It can be pretty tricky until you get some levels. I made the mistake at first of using my Oblivion method of exploration of picking a direction and walking in it until I saw a marker for an unvisited location, but found myself in some pretty bad scrapes because of it. :uzi::eek:

Make a detour and go get Dogmeat as quickly as you can; he is a HUGE help (but remember to save often just in case). For money, anything weightless with value should be taken to sell; if it has weight, try to balance how much it weighs vs. the price when deciding to take it, as you can fill your inventory up quickly if not careful. Early on the Super Duper Mart and Springdale School good to raid; many metro tunnels are too, as you don't seem to be overwhelmed in there as much as in the open sometimes, and easier to manage fights. There is a hospital too (part of the Reilly's Rangers quest which is good to do early on before any exploring anyways) that had lots of medical supplies. Wait a few hours at a time right outside of Megaton for the traveling merchants to show up if the ones in Megaton run out of caps while unloading stuff.

AngelCakeTom
03-05-2010, 10:05 PM
the wasteland is plasterd with rocks and cliffs... = cover.. you can see where im going with this?

key strategy at the game start, use cover, stay crouched, always always alwasy look at the radar for red dots, stay hidden, use VATS as much as you can and always aim for the head or is its a creature its attacking bodypart.. dont kill people in the major citys unless its necesary, if you wan something from them, pickpocket them. wait until nightime inside the bulding, take there stoc while they sleep, wait again until the day and leave... easy caps and not too much bad karma...