PDA

View Full Version : RE: A Pants Party Achievement Guide...

The Pants Party
03-05-2010, 01:17 PM
Hey guys, I have had a few people message me asking if I'll be doing a guide for this as I normally do with JRPGs, and sadly I won't be unless there is still no guide like 2-3 weeks after release. Which I doubt with our awesome community!

I will be doing the Resonance of Fate review for the site, and seeing as it is out a short week after this, I plan on just shelving this and playing it after. I don't want to start it and then have to stop and then pick it back up after I'm done with ROF.

That said, since the game has been out on PS3 for a while, there is a full guide up at our sister site which seems to be very well done. If someone wants to use that as a base for a 360 guide, I'm sure it will help you. DO NOT just copy it word for word though! Tailor it to this community.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/game/final-fantasy-xiii/guide/

But, for all of you looking forward to ROF, I'll definitely be doing that one, so it should be ready when you're done with FF and maybe I'll be using your guide when I get to this. :p

Vincentdante
03-05-2010, 01:26 PM
Makes me wonder when the achievements for resonance of fate will be announced actually. I've become somewhat a fan of tri-ace games recently and their ridiculously grindy achievements :)

The Destroyernatorer
03-05-2010, 01:43 PM
We still love you ;)

And I look forward to the RoF review. That game is looking rather tempting, although I can't put my finger on why.

TakahashiDemon
03-05-2010, 02:40 PM
I might be doing a guide, but won't be starting it until I finish the main game, I'll start making it once I'm going for the rest of the gamerscore in my second playthrough.

That is so long no one has already got a decent enough guide up (one that I don't think I could do any better than). I should only take 2 weeks at most to complete the main game.

Ragnarok1986
03-05-2010, 03:06 PM
I might be doing a guide, but won't be starting it until I finish the main game, I'll start making it once I'm going for the rest of the gamerscore in my second playthrough.

That is so long no one has already got a decent enough guide up (one that I don't think I could do any better than). I should only take 2 weeks at most to complete the main game.

:drunk Cant wait to see it, the only thing i want to know is there any that can be missed FF games are a bitch for missing things. FF7 i started four times due to missing some of the summons :mad:

The Pants Party
03-05-2010, 03:12 PM
Makes me wonder when the achievements for resonance of fate will be announced actually. I've become somewhat a fan of tri-ace games recently and their ridiculously grindy achievements :)

Not perfect, but the game was released in Japan as End of Eternity which I google translated.

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xbox360achievements.org%2Fgame% 2Fend-of-eternity%2Fachievements%2F&sl=ja&tl=en

Based on the last secret achievement, I'm guessing "laps" means playthroughs, so there will be at least two playthroughs required, and a few of the others look like "all quests" and "all skills" - fairly typical of tri-Ace, but hopefully easier than SO4. Something around Infinite Undiscovery's difficulty would be fine with me though.

And I look forward to the RoF review. That game is looking rather tempting, although I can't put my finger on why.

Agreed! I think it's the whole steam-punk/gunplay aspect. Definitely have not seen much of that in RPGs.

the only thing i want to know is there any that can be missed FF games are a bitch for missing things.

According to the PS3 guide (which I linked in my first post), nothing can be missed since you can keep playing after you beat the game and there are no missable items, etc.

The Destroyernatorer
03-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Agreed! I think it's the whole steam-punk/gunplay aspect. Definitely have not seen much of that in RPGs.

Yeah that certainly appeals to me. Not the gunplay as such, but the steampunk. Ever since watching Fullmetal Alchemist years ago I've enjoyed the whole idea and universe of it. Shame there aren't really any good steampunk games, of all genres not just RPGs. Well, I'm not aware of any. I was looking forward to Damnation; what a shocker that was...

Anyhow, I'll keep an eye out for your review! I'm kind of getting into the RPG mood now with all of this FFXIII excitement :p

ponypo2001
03-05-2010, 06:13 PM
Sadly the only game I'd not fancy writing a guide for is RPG.They are my fav games of all but I hate missing things so I tend to wait for some other saint,ie Pants,to write an awesome guide (using your Last Remnant one at the mo).I will certainly chip in with any info I can though as I tend to play FF games to death (don't ask how much time i put into the previous titles lol).

I'm really pumped for ROF too.Looks like quite a departure from the usual JRPG and I really like the possibilities that gunplay can have in an RPG.

DOOKH8R
03-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Don't sell yourself short Ponypo, your guides are awesome. Pants, looking forward to reading your ROF review before I buy it.

Who is going to tackle the Record of Agarest War review and guide?

The Pants Party
03-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Ugh, see, those games I can't get into. Strategy RPGs I view as Strategy first and RPG a distant second. :p

ponypo2001
03-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Don't sell yourself short Ponypo, your guides are awesome. Pants, looking forward to reading your ROF review before I buy it.

Who is going to tackle the Record of Agarest War review and guide?

Cheers mate.I was wondering about ROAW.It looks really weird.I'm not the best with strategy RPG's but I'm interested in this one.Looking to be quite the year for RPG's on 360 so far!

TakahashiDemon
03-05-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm for gonna start up the guide and put down all the achievements I know how to get, then after I complete the game there'll be a full guide + roadmap, hope this is allowed.. putting a guide up before release lol

xAHAx Skywalker
03-05-2010, 09:52 PM
This site is awesome. The community is awesome, and its always good to hear the appreciation for gamerpoints and more importantly..... JRPGs.

Cheers guys, keep up the awesome work and I hope to see you all online soon.

ImmortalArbiter
03-06-2010, 06:35 AM
What the crap, I didn't realize Resonance came out on the 16th.... I just picked up BF:BC2, Heavy Rain, and Lunar (PSP), then FFXIII comes out next week, and the week after is RoF, God of War 3, and the Dragon Age expansion! I'm falling farther and farther behind.

I'm a bit disappointed that you aren't doing a guide for this Pants, but at least I know that when I eventually get into Resonance, there will be an amazing guide waiting for me!