PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Guide and Road Map

TakahashiDemon
03-05-2010, 10:07 PM
*Note; this guide is currently being created, once created, it will be completed with a Checklist and Road Map.

http://i50.tinypic.com/szy3ih.jpg

Please note that this guide has spoilers in it, I will filter them to make sure there is no disappointments, this guide is best used once you complete the main game.

Road Map to full 1000:
Estimated Difficulty: 6/10
Approximate Time: 100-150 hours
Offline: 35 Achievements worth 1000:gsicon:
Online: 0 Achievements
Glitched Achievements: Can't say yet.
Missable Achievement: None.

Step 1: Complete the Game
-
Will create this once I complete the game.

Step 2:

Step 3:

Achievement Guide

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/mj/Kb/0oCLiGJhbC9FFQUcXVJRGEU0L2FjaC8wLzEAAAAA5+fn-bQygQ==.jpg Instrument of Fate - 15:gsicon: - Secret

This is a Story related achievement. It will unlock towards the beginning of Chapter 1.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Lz/u6/0ICLiGJhbC9GFQUcXVJRGEU0L2FjaC8wLzIAAAAA5+fn-5U7NA==.jpg Instrument of Dissent - 15:gsicon: - Secret

This is a Story related achievement. It will unlock towards the beginning of Chapter 2.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/vM/Na/0YCLiGJhbC9HFQUcXVJRGEU0L2FjaC8wLzMAAAAA5+fn-nXDpw==.jpg Instrument of Tragedy - 15:gsicon: - Secret

This is a Story related achievement. It will unlock towards the beginning of Chapter 3.

[Eidolon Boss] Shiva Sisters:
This is your first summon you fight, you do not need to worry about fighting them, you are on a timer here (Doom; once it goes down to 0, it's instant death), Nyx will attack you while Shiva heals you, at the start of the battle it gives you a hint in the tutorial, that defensive is your best option against the Shiva sisters, so as soon as the battle starts (you don't want to waste no time here) switch Snow into Sentinel role then you will simply just have to press Auto-Cover each turn, once the bar fills up, hit :xbut:
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/RS/j4/1ICLiGJhbC9AFQUcXVJRGEU0L2FjaC8wLzQAAAAA5+fn+9coXg ==.jpg Instrument of Flight - 15:gsicon: - Secret

This is a Story related achievement. It will unlock towards the beginning of Chapter 4.

[Eidolon Boss] Odin:
This is your next and much tougher than the last summon battle, you are best to before you enter this battle is to activate some items from the LB menu, activate as many that will help, and before entering battle have Lightning as Medic role and Hope as Synergist role, then after about 2-3 turns change to Ravager Role for both members, then after awhile when Odin decides to attack you a lot again, keep Lightning as Ravager and change Hope to Medic, make sure to heal with potions as well as this battle does get rough, once the bar is full, press :xbut:
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/1t/AY/1YCLiGJhbC9BFQUcXVJRGEU0L2FjaC8wLzUAAAAA5+fn+jfQzQ ==.jpg Instrument of Vengeance - 15:gsicon: - Secret

You get this achievement by Disc 2.
This is a Story related achievement. It will unlock towards the beginning of Chapter 5.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Y9/k5/14CLiGJhbC9CFQUcXVJRGEU0L2FjaC8wLzYAAAAA5+fn+BbZeA ==.jpg Instrument of Survival - 15:gsicon: - Secret

This is a Story related achievement. It will unlock towards the beginning of Chapter 6.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/8C/HZ/1oCLiGJhbC9DFQUcXVJRGEU0L2FjaC8wLzcAAAAA5+fn+fYh6w ==.jpg Instrument of Rebellion - 15:gsicon: - Secret

This is a Story related achievement. It will unlock towards the beginning of Chapter 7.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/-j/X+/1YCLiGJhbC9MFQUcXVJRGEU0L2FjaC8wLzgAAAAA5+fn+tE15Q ==.jpg Instrument of Shame - 15:gsicon:- Secret

This is a Story related achievement. It will unlock towards the beginning of Chapter 8.

[Eidolon Boss] Bryhildr:
This guy's not so hard as the last one, simply before you go into the battle have Sazh as Synergist role, Vanille as Saboteur role, keep this going for 2-3 turns, then switch to Ravager/Ravager, keep hitting Bryhildr for a while until your health gets half way down, then switch to Ravager/Medic, keep hitting, have Vanille heal you up near max again, switch back to Ravager/Ravager, once done, press :xbut:
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/bc/0e/1ICLiGJhbC9NFQUcXVJRGEU0L2FjaC8wLzkAAAAA5+fn+zHNdg ==.jpg Instrument of Wrath - 15:gsicon: - Secret

This is a Story related achievement. It will unlock towards the beginning of Chapter 9.

[BOSS] Barthandelus:
This boss can be both easy and hard, depending on how your set up is, my set up was Lightning (max at the current moment, weapon was Lifesaber LVL 6), Snow (max at the current moment, weapon was Umbra LVL 4), Hope (max at the current moment, weapon was Vidofnir LVL 2).
It also helps in this battle by using any item that will help from the LB menu.
If you feel you're too low leveled, don't have the weapons I mention, enemies in the area are good for CP plus items that give you gil, don't use then for EXP for your weapons as that's just a waste, they give you 500-3000 gil each.
Have the characters set up like this;
Lightning/Snow/Hope (this is just a guide for which role is who)
First Part of Boss:
Com/Com/Rav
Com/Com/Med
Use these to get pass the first part quickly, this is the part you battle the right side and left side, this part is easy enough.
Main Part of Boss:
Rav/Com/Rav
Rav/Com/Med
Med/Sen/Med
This is for the main part, the main part has a pattern, now just try to get him killed as fast as you can, as he'll cast doom and then you will be timed to beat him, I died in my first try because of this.
So the strategy is here to, use Rav/Com/Rav as much as possible, switch to Rav/Com/Med whenever anyone's health goes down to yellow, never leave it til the screen is flashing red, and once as soon as he does his destrudo attack, or a bit before it as Snow can completely block it near enough with his Mediguard, switch to Med/Sen/Med, as soon as the attack is done, then heal everyone, but as he's making the attack happen, have it in Rav/Com/Rav, attack him as much as you can, you might even make him take longer to do the attack as he finches a bit, redo what I just stated throughout the battle as he does have a pattern, never ever any twists to make you go off balance.
http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/rC/Cg/14CLiGJhbC81FQUcXVJRGEU0L2FjaC8wL0EAAAAA5+fn+I8gtw ==.jpg Instrument of Truth - 15:gsicon: - Secret

You get this achievement by Disc 3.
This is a Story related achievement. It will unlock towards the beginning of Chapter 10.

http://tiles.xbox.com/tiles/Sa/kv/0ICLiGJhbC9GCBoDGllTVkU0L2FjaC8wLzIyAAAAAOfn5-8AqVU=.jpg Loremaster - 80:gsicon:

This achievement unlocks the Sazh gamerpic from Extras menu, which you can access through the title screen before you load game.
You should get this in the early stages of Chapter 10, this is if you've been regularly been fighting enemies, Libra helps with this achievement as it speeds things up a bit, but if you don't want to use it that's fine, once you've beaten the enemy a few times you will get all their stats available through just battling them.
This achievement requires that you fully discerned the full attributes of 100 enemies.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/307/12.jpg Instrument of Hope - 15:gsicon: - Secret

This is a Story related achievement. It will unlock towards the beginning of Chapter 11.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/307/13.jpg Instrument of Faith - 30:gsicon: - Secret

This is a Story related achievement. It will unlock towards the beginning of Chapter 12.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/307/14.jpg Instrument of Change - 95:gsicon: - Secret

This is a Story related achievement. It will unlock towards the end of Chapter 13.

TakahashiDemon
03-05-2010, 10:08 PM
Reserved

10charcs

TakahashiDemon
03-05-2010, 10:09 PM
Reserved

10 charcs

TakahashiDemon
03-05-2010, 10:10 PM
Reserved 10 Charcs

TakahashiDemon
03-05-2010, 10:11 PM
Reserving this one just in case it's needed.

The Pants Party
03-07-2010, 10:56 PM
I've locked this and deleted all comments for now. I will reopen it once the game is out so Demon can begin working on it and format it with all the correct tiles.

If someone else wants to do a guide, the fact that Demon is working on one should not stop you. The best guide will be used, he was just the first to offer and begin.

TakahashiDemon
03-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks for reopening, I've included a Summon battle strategy in now for anyone who's having problems with it.

Annihil88torr
03-09-2010, 10:33 PM
thanks for the sweet guide!

manikteddy
03-09-2010, 10:38 PM
nice to see that people are allready starting to make guide for this game i thank that people need just play the game for a few days then start to make guides for it... but i gess it is a good things cus sum of use need them.. ty

Ragnarok1986
03-10-2010, 12:16 AM
Will you be making a list off all the gear needed to do the cheevo for having held all the stuff :)

TakahashiDemon
03-10-2010, 12:23 AM
Yup, that will be included with list of enemies etc, in a checklist, that will be after I complete main game though, which might be even sooner than a week as I'm on Disc 2 now.

mcnichoj
03-10-2010, 12:24 AM
Hope to see some great progress.

Thang Nay
03-10-2010, 12:28 AM
Achievements are up on xbox.com

TakahashiDemon
03-10-2010, 12:38 AM
Achievements are up on xbox.com

Thanks I'll update the pictures as I get the achievements, I wont bother tonight as it's too late and I needa get up for college in morning.

Kraderic
03-10-2010, 06:42 AM
From the Eidolon's i've faught, it's apparent that each of them succumb to their respective "owners" through a certain type of action.

You're correct that Shiva yields to Snow when he's defending, but filling your bar up to the very top until unleashing your "auto-cover" doesn't work most of the time: you'll need to use the :ybut: and the :bbut: at the appropriate times to use your auto-cover just as the Eidolon's about to attack Snow. If you wait to fill it up to the tip at every round, you'll miss many opportunities to defend against her attacks using that ability and run a riskier chance of not surviving the doom spell.

As for the Odin Eidolon, I think you should be a bit more specific on what the Eidolon itself wants, (what it responds to). From my experience, it responds to the party members healing themselves, and also to when it's being attacked by magic when it's using the "Ullr's Shield" ability.

Also, if you're going to use an "Aegisol", (casts protect/shell/veil/vigilance) before confronting the eidolon, there's no use in having a Synergist paradigm, as those are the spells Hope casts (thus meaning you wasted a Aegisol.. ).

There's two strategies for tackling this Eidolon:

#1: Use a Aegisol (casts a variety of buffs before battle), and go into battle as a Commander/Medic. As Hope heals the party and Lightening attacks, the Eidolon's bar will rise. When Odin uses his "Ullr's Shield" ability, use your "Dualcaster" paradigm (Rav/Rav) to pound it with magical attacks. When he stops using that ability, return back to Com/Med and do what you were doing before: that Eidolon will be yours in no time.

#2: Go into battle as a Medic/Synergist, and use the first round or two to have Hope cast Protect & Shell on them both, (the alternative was Aegisol in #1.) After you have the buffs in place, switch to Commander/Medic, then refer to #1 after that point.

pro-tip: this battle happens very fast, so if you need to slow things down, set the "Battle Speed" in the settings to "slow".

SnlpEr ls NaStY
03-10-2010, 06:43 AM
This guide is looking great keep it up dude.

VinasErgoth
03-10-2010, 07:02 AM
In the notes for Odin it says:
- Yields to those who amass chain bonuses.
- Yields to those who heal the wounded.

So yes, Rav & Rav or Com/Rav & Med are good paradigms for that battle.

Brynhildr notes are as follows:
- Yields to those who amass chain bonuses
- Yields to those who strengthen their allies.

This is a harder fight than Odin as he attacks a lot faster and often for high damage. Took me 3 tries to beat him. Play it smart and do a Rav & Rav paradigm whenever possible to build up the chains.

Kraderic
03-10-2010, 07:43 AM
In the notes for Odin it says:
- Yields to those who amass chain bonuses.
- Yields to those who heal the wounded.

So yes, Rav & Rav or Com/Rav & Med are good paradigms for that battle.

I stand corrected. :) but it does make sense, since your chains do come quicker when dualcasting. thanks for pointing that out.

mikeeeeeeeee124
03-10-2010, 08:04 AM
The superstar achievement is missable since its possible to beat the boss w/o a 5 star rating. Seeing as how that is the last boss, I'm guessing there's a save point right before the fight. Don't know why people start these w/o any info... desperate to have your name on it I guess. Sorry, I gotta b a hater

TakahashiDemon
03-10-2010, 08:24 AM
The superstar achievement is missable since its possible to beat the boss w/o a 5 star rating. Seeing as how that is the last boss, I'm guessing there's a save point right before the fight. Don't know why people start these w/o any info... desperate to have your name on it I guess. Sorry, I gotta b a hater

No, nothing's missable, says on PS3trophies.org you can do the battle again once you're maxed out more.

chris100185
03-10-2010, 08:27 AM

You're assuming you're only allowed to beat the last boss once. It's probably set up like ToV, when you beat the boss the first time you make your clear save. When you load that save to play, you get access to the post-game content but the last boss remains to beat whenever you feel like beating him again.

The Pants Party
03-10-2010, 01:12 PM
Don't know why people start these w/o any info... desperate to have your name on it I guess. Sorry, I gotta b a hater

And I don't know why people make comments like this without any info of their own. If you have to "b" a hater, make sure your accusation is accurate. In this case, you're wrong. I've said it now a dozen times, but here we go again... THERE ARE NO MISSABLE ACHIEVEMENTS!!!

ezekiel 08
03-10-2010, 04:24 PM
THERE ARE NO MISSABLE ACHIEVEMENTS!!!

Should have put it in bold and made it Size 7! Then maybe people will listen :(.

I hope this guide turns out better than the other one. It was such a big release, a sub-par guide just won't do it justice. Just wish Pants was making one.... Love your work! :p

Outline
03-10-2010, 04:28 PM
Looking forward to using this.

Takatori
03-10-2010, 06:44 PM
People need to start helping the guide maker rather than posting unhelpful comments like an above poster. That way the guide will turn out well. So lets keep the posts on topic guys :)

preppypoof
03-10-2010, 06:50 PM
100-150 hours? what are you basing that estimate on?

Oliv3rP
03-10-2010, 07:18 PM

the fact thatyou have to max out and hold everything in the game...

lordrex217
03-10-2010, 08:05 PM

that was the amount of time necessary to max out the PS3 japanese version. considering that the trophies and achievements are exactly the same, i would say it's an accurate estimate.

killerkord
03-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Hey! Guide is looking good so far. Just thought I'd mention something you might want to add in to the guide!

For the battle of Snow vs. Shiva sisters, you don't even need to defend once to win. I put Snow on ravager and had him mass combos. Yes you do take a beating since you can't block, but since you're being healed and his combos are rather swift, you'll get a lot of hits in without worrying about timing for blocking. I finished her off before the Doom counter got down to 200. Now... keep in mind I haven't tried the blocking way, so I don't know if 200 is dangerously low in comparison. I did read that she yields to those who amass combos (and while I realized "combos" aren't particularly effective with just one character, I tried it anyway) so I gave it a shot.

Cloak
03-10-2010, 08:40 PM
looks good :)

preppypoof
03-10-2010, 10:52 PM
that was the amount of time necessary to max out the PS3 japanese version. considering that the trophies and achievements are exactly the same, i would say it's an accurate estimate.
oh ok thanks, didn't realize that this was out in Japan already.

Smooth Pancakes
03-10-2010, 10:57 PM
oh ok thanks, didn't realize that this was out in Japan already.

Yeah, it's been out for a while over there. It was released back on December 17th in Japan. A lot of games are released first in Japan and then a couple months later in North America and Europe.

Fully Avenged
03-11-2010, 01:06 AM
Looking good so far TD, :) Keep up the good work.

The Elidion guides are definitely useful, Odin gave me hassle for a good 20 minutes or so, I thought healing was the ONLY way to drive his Gistalt bar up... Kept wondering why even with the Double Dose Paradigm I couldn't make it in time, haha. Silly me. :P

Anyway, hopefully this guide will be a great addition to this Forum once it's done, if I can find any information regarding the Achievements that I feel may be of use to you, I'll be sure to let you know. :)

Take care.

TakahashiDemon
03-12-2010, 12:14 AM
New Eidolon guide added, have a look if you're having problems with it :)

TakahashiDemon
03-12-2010, 09:02 PM
Just added a helpful strategy for the boss at the end of disc 2 for those of you who's stuck at it, check it out as it was the best one I've tried and succeeded with.

TakahashiDemon
03-13-2010, 01:16 AM
Added Loremaster achievement.

Kraderic
03-13-2010, 01:30 AM
there's already an approved and stickied Achievement Guide at the top. Continually bumping this one will only further cause confusion and misconceptions.

TakahashiDemon
03-13-2010, 01:39 AM
there's already an approved and stickied Achievement Guide at the top. Continually bumping this one will only further cause confusion and misconceptions.

Really? and Im not bumping it, just letting people know when I add in updates and everytime I come here the guide goes to like page 3-4 of this forum.

Also, I don't see anything wrong with me continuing to make this guide, even if there is already an approved/sticky one.

Kraderic
03-13-2010, 01:43 AM
and everytime I come here the guide goes to like page 3-4 of this thread.

That's because people are using the stickied one. If your guide was being used, and being critiqued (as it needs to be), it'd be on the first or second page consistently.

Also, I don't see anything wrong with me continuing to make this guide, even if there is already an approved/sticky one.

Like I said earlier, it serves to cause confusion and misconceptions. If you want to make a "Bosses Guide", then go ahead, but continually "bumping" a thread with the title "Achievement Guide and Road Map" doesn't do anyone a bit of good, as there's already a much more complete and up-to-date guide stickied.

TakahashiDemon
03-13-2010, 01:52 AM
That's because people are using the stickied one. If your guide was being used, and being critiqued (as it needs to be), it'd be on the first or second page consistently.

Like I said earlier, it serves to cause confusion and misconceptions. If you want to make a "Bosses Guide", then go ahead, but continually "bumping" a thread with the title "Achievement Guide and Road Map" doesn't do anyone a bit of good, as there's already a much more complete and up-to-date guide stickied.

What exactly is your problem? I don't see no one else coming saying "hey Im getting confused as there's 2 achievement guides (actually 3) quit making this one and work on a boss guide"

Sorry, but Im not gonna quit making this guide, and seriously the sticky thread, the OP has no first hand knowledge of the game at all, he only has 15 gamerscore in it, I'll much prefer a guide from someone who has first hand knowledge of the game, not saying my guide is better or anything but that's just my opinion over the sticky thread, it's good and all, but the OP doesn't know the game that well yet.

Thang Nay
03-13-2010, 02:05 AM
Just a thought, but he may or may not have the PS3 version too?

Kraderic
03-13-2010, 02:05 AM
What exactly is your problem? I don't see no one else coming saying "hey Im getting confused as there's 2 achievement guides (actually 3) quit making this one and work on a boss guide"

I don't have a problem. Was only kindly letting you know that there was already another more-complete guide stickied. And I don't think I ever said quit making this one: merely suggested that it can and will serve to confuse others. If you can't accept critique and suggestions, then why even bother making a guide?

Sorry, but Im not gonna quit making this guide, and seriously the sticky thread, the OP has no first hand knowledge of the game at all, he only has 15 gamerscore in it, I'll much prefer a guide from someone who has first hand knowledge of the game, not saying my guide is better or anything but that's just my opinion over the sticky thread, it's good and all, but the OP doesn't know the game that well yet.

The guide itself was written by someone who has first-hand knowledge and experience of the game, only reposted by Sirius with the permission of the original author, (so that in itself nullifies your reason in not preferring it.)

Just a thought, but he may or may not have the PS3 version too?

True, but they're entirely the same game. :)

TakahashiDemon
03-13-2010, 09:13 AM
Ah ok, I see your point then, I could always post this one on my Final Fantasy/Xbox 360 group on DeviantART then.