PDA

View Full Version : Should I Buy?

MadMaN.85
03-17-2007, 07:07 AM
Just wondering if i should buy this game or not. I dont really rent games,so usually if i see a game i like,i just buy it.But i cant make up my mind on this one.i mean,i love certain kind of rap and stuff,but as far as the actual fighting goes,it doesnt sound like its that great,so what do u guys think is it a buy?:confused:

ThisIsWhyImHot
03-17-2007, 07:26 AM
As far as the fighting goes - it's INSANE.. the fighting is ridiculous as hell if you ask me..

The only thing that bugs me is the replay value.. the fighting, the graphics, and the Build a Label mode are nuts, for real.. but after you beat the Build a Label mode you just don't really have anything thats pulling you back enough to keep you THAT interested.. I'd say definitely rent it first to see what you think, but after you get a hang of the new fighting style it'll definitely keep you interested

MadMaN.85
03-17-2007, 07:34 AM
alrlight thx man, hopefully ill be able to play it first,maybe on a demo disk or somethin since i dont have xbox live:mad:

KilluhKam
03-17-2007, 07:38 AM
As far as the fighting goes - it's INSANE.. the fighting is ridiculous as hell if you ask me..

The only thing that bugs me is the replay value.. the fighting, the graphics, and the Build a Label mode are nuts, for real.. but after you beat the Build a Label mode you just don't really have anything thats pulling you back enough to keep you THAT interested.. I'd say definitely rent it first to see what you think, but after you get a hang of the new fighting style it'll definitely keep you interested

build a label mode will also have you going back through it many times to get the achievements you missed, and simply because its fun lol so far ive gone through it about 6-8 times and its still enjoyable (i do get very annoyed on certain fights...mainly the fights with the cops lol) but i think its a real good game and im glad that i bought it

ThisIsWhyImHot
03-17-2007, 07:30 PM
Yeah the achievements are actually really well set up! They'll keep you interested alot..

And believe me - usually games have corny story lines.. but this game has probably the best story line for a fighting game, so you'll really get into the game

luggs69
04-11-2007, 11:12 AM
i played the other def jam titles and thought fight for ny was really good so how does it compaire to it? rubbish or really good?

nawtbird
04-13-2007, 02:02 PM
rental only.......

Waste of money if you buy it. Game has nice graphics, a decent soundtrack but HORRIBLE fighting controls, stupid story line. NO REPLAY VALUE.

I luckily rented it and would feel very bad if you buy it

My opinion so I suppose flame away if you don't like it:uzi:

xTHSx Rascal
04-21-2007, 10:10 AM
:uzi: :uzi: :uzi: if you like fighting games and hip-hop music its a must buy you create a player get him some good clothes so bling then take him to fight i recon it has been the best fighting game ive played in a long time
:uzi:

xIIZombieIIx
04-21-2007, 10:25 AM
A buddy of mine got this and hated it... I dunno though... there is a demo in the new oxm mag...

ruff
04-21-2007, 01:12 PM
The game fucking blows. Not even worth the achivements.

lmc059
05-02-2007, 11:08 AM
i really enjoyed previous titles of this game but im undecided on to bother renting it or not. i played the demo and it seems so repetative does the levels change much or is it just the similar throwing ur opponent into somthing and making it go boom?

DFILL450
05-05-2007, 06:04 PM
i really enjoyed previous titles of this game but im undecided on to bother renting it or not. i played the demo and it seems so repetative does the levels change much or is it just the similar throwing ur opponent into somthing and making it go boom?
yea thats bassically the whole game....do not buy this game save urself 60 bucks....the levels really dont change that much theres like 2 clubs, the roof, a studio, and the gas station....this game really was a dissapointment...just rent the game

xRogue 5x
05-18-2007, 11:09 PM
This game is terrible, i rented it and put it in to try it out being as I am a point whore. It was so bad I couldn't even force myself to get points on this one.

Save you time, money, and sanity and just pass on this one.

MadMaN.85
05-20-2007, 06:14 AM
hey everyone i just wanted to say i did rent this game,one of the few ive rented and id say its definetly a rent. i mean its not bad but it does kinda get repetitive. the graphics and music are good and the build a label mode was a lot of fun, so ill probably end up renting this game again but not buying.

Tyger7
05-30-2007, 09:49 AM
after they were done with the graphics they quickly put the gameplay in within the last month before release! This game is the worst fighting game on the 360 (not that there's many). The controls are very bad and this game is extremely hard against the computer. punches and kicks are 75% blocked and while you are fighting they suddenly grab you and throw you, over and over again. You try to grab them and they punch you. The songs are really limited for what this game is (at least at the start) and i do agree this game might be one i send back without even getting ONE achievement. The game offers you no help nor a tutorial on how to play. It is really hard to get the hang of and I see why it has gone down to 26 dollars already on gamefly. I really hate this game!