PDA

View Full Version : So far

Dramacydal
03-07-2010, 07:47 AM
So far have been playing 15hrs.The first 15 were boring as hell.Finally it's getting started.But this is the easiest FF.You can't get lost,just walk streight ahead thats it.No side tracking,no towns.The first 8hrs you just have to smash the :abut: the whole time.Later on is a little more strategie.But up till now I have benn fighting with only 2 ppl.Atleast for the most part.I'm sorry to say that you really have to grind this out for 15hrs before it gets going.Oh and i dont even have a 100g yet.The first 2 hrs you dont level up.And it takes up to 8-10hrs till you learn everything.So there ya go just wanted to throw in my 2 cents worth.It ain't bad but it coulda been better.Can't wait for Resonance of Fate to draw a better conclusion which one is better.

blitz7287
03-07-2010, 09:14 AM
lol tell me about it ive just got upto the second disc and i have a 60 Gamerscore.

r0di
03-07-2010, 09:25 AM
So I've heard. But on the other hand everyone is telling me that around 20ish hours in, the game really starts growing on you.

Dramacydal
03-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Well i'm at about 17hrs.So yeah it's starting now.

blitz7287
03-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Well i'm at about 17hrs.So yeah it's starting now.

Cant wait till i really starts to get going im about 10 hours in so half way in to get the good stuff :P

Dramacydal
03-07-2010, 10:13 AM
Well the only thing that still bugs me is the upgrade system for the weapons.I mean which one do i upgrade?I have lightnings weapon at level 12 and a few others are from lv.2-lv8.But i dont get that much stuff to upgrade let alone money.Where are you supposed to get alot of money from?On the otherside it's a little bit funny considering you don't actually need to upgrade the weapons.Or atleast i haven't had to do them all.And it's still not that hard

blitz7287
03-07-2010, 10:19 AM
you dont need money to upgrade the weapons you can convert all the miscellaneous items you find along the way as experiance for the weapons and yeah the only battle ive found tough was the second eidolon coz hope is crap 2/3 hits and he's out like a light but my weapons are around level 4, lightning's is at lv6

Dramacydal
03-07-2010, 10:30 AM
Yeah i had problems with that to.That was the point where i figured out that you could do your own fomations.Since i had only 3 at the time i made one that helped alot with that battle

ruin3d
03-07-2010, 07:47 PM
So far have been playing 15hrs.The first 15 were boring as hell.Finally it's getting started.But this is the easiest FF.You can't get lost,just walk streight ahead thats it.No side tracking,no towns.The first 8hrs you just have to smash the :abut: the whole time.Later on is a little more strategie.But up till now I have benn fighting with only 2 ppl.Atleast for the most part.I'm sorry to say that you really have to grind this out for 15hrs before it gets going.Oh and i dont even have a 100g yet.The first 2 hrs you dont level up.And it takes up to 8-10hrs till you learn everything.So there ya go just wanted to throw in my 2 cents worth.It ain't bad but it coulda been better.Can't wait for Resonance of Fate to draw a better conclusion which one is better.

You're in for a surprise come disc 3. It actually becomes open world then with side quests etc and the difficulty goes off a cliff.

I didn't skip a single fight on the first two discs so i was about as high lvl as you can be without grinding and some fights on disc 3 WTFPWND me before i had time to work out what was going on.

I can't see how you can do the game without grinding, i'm about 35 hours in on mission 13 (last one) having ground a good couple of hundered k CP and i'm really struggling with some fights even using the optimal tactics off the jap Gamefaws guides.

Killing the hard enemies like the adamantoises is pretty much a no go without serious grinding. I have about 4k per character hp wise and can hit for 30K+ a hit in stagger mode and i still get killed in about 1 hit by them :woop:

TakahashiDemon
03-07-2010, 07:50 PM
Mind me ask, but for you people who have the game already, are there avatar/theme rewards? I might be getting my copy tomorrow but I won't be getting the Super Elite til Tuesday, I want to know so if there is I'll play it on my Japanese account for a bit as I dont know if I could restore them to super elite.

blitz7287
03-07-2010, 08:10 PM
I dont think it has any im almost at ch.8 and i havent unlocked any yet. and its really stingy on GS ive only got 105 lol.

Tri Force95
03-07-2010, 08:59 PM
Mind me ask, but for you people who have the game already, are there avatar/theme rewards? I might be getting my copy tomorrow but I won't be getting the Super Elite til Tuesday, I want to know so if there is I'll play it on my Japanese account for a bit as I dont know if I could restore them to super elite.

I would enjoy knowing this as well.

TakahashiDemon
03-07-2010, 09:43 PM
I'm probably just gonna play on my Japanese account, I don't really want any rewards popping up and end up not getting them on Super Elite, I seen the leaked achievements, it says no avatar rewards but I wouldn't be so sure of that since it is only an emulator they were using to leak them.

Meteox
03-07-2010, 10:27 PM

With certain achievements you can unlock Gamerpicīs in the Extras menu in the Main Menu right before you load a save. I have unlocked a Gamerpic of Sazh so far.

TakahashiDemon
03-08-2010, 08:53 AM
With certain achievements you can unlock Gamerpicīs in the Extras menu in the Main Menu right before you load a save. I have unlocked a Gamerpic of Sazh so far.

Ah, then it settled, I play on Japanese account if it arrives today, which should be soon if it does.

Tin Tab Rambo
03-08-2010, 04:51 PM
There aren't enough hours in the day for it to only start getting good after 20 hours! I'm a working woman! Is there loads of tutorial to get through? That's always the worst bit

ruin3d
03-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Well im about 40 hours in and on the very last bit now (not done the side quests / maxing levels obviously)

The penultimate boss was a total bitch. i had to grind trash mobs by him for about 3 hours to get enough HP/ attack to take him down with all weapons and gear maxed and i still had to get lucky to do it.

Kinda looking forward to the more relaxed side quests once the story is done