PDA

View Full Version : Whats Your Favourite DLC?

Barad
03-07-2010, 10:54 PM
Like the title says,

I've played all five so mine was definitely Operation Anchorge. But Broken Steel was also pretty awesome!

Whats your favourite?

Adahn
03-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Broken Steel for me - loved every minute of it!

Although, the Pitt has a couple of fantastic WOW!/wtf! moments

agentplatypus
03-07-2010, 11:41 PM
Point Lookout was by far my favorite.

LilGurgi
03-08-2010, 06:14 PM
I'm in the process of playing the DLC, but Operation Anchorage was my favorite. It had almost a Metal Gear feel to it with the cloak-device guards that you run into eventually.

Mr Foxhound
03-08-2010, 08:30 PM
I have yet to play Mothership Zeta, and I'm not done with Point Lookout, but so far I have to say Point Lookout is by far the best. OA was linear and too combat oriented, The Pitt had its moments, but seemed overall uninspired. The best part about BS was that it raised the level cap, rest of it was pretty boring to me.

Point Lookout focuses more on what made Fallout 3 great IMO, exploration and the feeling of being alone in a hostile world. PL seems more like a real expansion pack rather than a 'tacked on' extra mission like some of these DLC are.

Perrkele
03-11-2010, 07:53 AM
Point Lookout and Broken Steel ftw.

Gage3Wade
03-12-2010, 11:24 PM
tie between point lookout and broken steel

JRWEBBY
03-12-2010, 11:31 PM
It definately was Point Lookout, yes the missions were short but the whole eerie feeling of a swamp was so cool.

Barad
03-13-2010, 11:45 AM
Most people seem to like Point Lookout the most so far which isn't really surprising i guess, it was a great story and discovering all those locations, great fun!

padraiglovesyou
03-13-2010, 12:29 PM
Broken Steel definately.
I'm glad no ones picked Mothership Zeta because that was the worst by far.

Ajalex
03-13-2010, 12:40 PM
I have all the DLC's but my favourite was Broken Steel because you can get to rank 30 which makes the game much longer!!! :woop:

Barad
03-13-2010, 12:44 PM
lol Yhh Mothership Zeta does pretty much suck!

SuperNova X2X
03-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Point Lookout for me. It just has the best area to roam around. I thought Broken Steel was pretty boring, the only really good thing from that was the level cap raise.

Sam McAuley
03-16-2010, 12:48 AM
i really liked the pitt and operation anchorage. point lookout i found boring and now my game is stuck on the last mission. somethings happened so desmond keeps getting stuck in closets and then when he finally gets out, the door has an invisible wall that stops me going through it. sucks really

DOOKH8R
03-16-2010, 02:46 AM
tie between point lookout and broken steel

Same here. I enjoyed the quests in Point Lookout, but loved the level cap increase that came with Broken Steel.
Due to the motel room, I'm voting Point Lookout

kiratachibana
03-16-2010, 04:05 AM
I like the pitt, for a few things:
1. Let me choose side
2. Give me a new melee weapon that seems fun~
3. I can go back!

Kreegles
03-16-2010, 03:00 PM
Point Lookout for sure, I loved the southern feel to it.

HadMatters13
03-16-2010, 09:48 PM
Point Lookout was definately my favourite. It had a nice, large area which I enjoyed exploring, and the quests were pretty good too. I thought the others were ok, with the exception of Mothership Zeta, which I found very disappointing boring, especially considering the alien abduction story had so much potential.

Barad
03-16-2010, 10:20 PM
ha, funny how NO ONE liked Mothership Zeta, well i didnt like it so much.

Olan IRL
03-17-2010, 02:52 PM
My Fav was prob Operation A. because of the gear you get at the end.
I have yet to finsh mothership zeta because it froze during the quest line

JuCaMo
03-19-2010, 02:41 AM
For me it's a coin toss between Point Lookout and The Pitt.

I enjoyed the southern flavor of Point Lookout and the way it feels like the original game with its emphasis on exploration. However, there was just a lack of content in PL with the majority locations being there just to add to your map rather than hold anything valuable or interesting. The main quest was also disappointing.

The Pitt was the opposite of PL. There were few places to explore and the new enemies weren't very interesting. On the other hand, the scenery was awesome and although the main quest had its fair share of cliches, it featured well designed characters and my vote the most intriguing "moral choice" ever implemented into an RPG.

The other DLCs just didn't quite measure up but still offered useful new items (Gauss Rifle, Chinese Stealth Armor, and alien epoxy to name a few)

Mongooli P5
03-25-2010, 07:26 AM
I just finished 100%ing this game (achievement wise at least) and I'd have to say Op. Anchorage was by far my favorite part of the game. I didn't even use vats in it, i just ran around knifing people and sniping people. For some reason it really reminded me of Goldeneye for the N64. No idea why.

Anyways, I'd probably say

1) Op. Anch - old school feeling
2) Broken Steel - Felt like the logical follow up to the story, the rest of the DLC was just kinda there randomly.
3) Point lookout - Cool southern feel, much larger then the others, even if most of it is useless
4) The pitt - BOOOO collecting thing!
5) Mothership zeta - WTF was this? felt really out of place and just went on way longer then it was interesting. Even bigger BOOOO for collecting even more annoying things! :mad::mad::mad:

I Demon GT I
03-25-2010, 11:35 PM
For me I thought Broken Steel was just awesome.

Snoop QC
03-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Definitely Broken Steel plus The Pitt and Operation Anchorage. Maybe I played too much when Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta were released so I didn't enjoy playing them though they were good.

MrBubbles x360a
03-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Point Lookout was great and easily my favorite. I disliked Operation: Anchorage the most. It tried to make Fallout something it wasn't.

Barad
03-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Broken Steel seems to be the winner so far.

MrBubbles x360a
03-28-2010, 05:19 PM
Lol Mothership Zeta has no votes so far? Makes sense

Volzagia
03-28-2010, 05:24 PM
Point Lookout for sure, I loved the southern feel to it.

:whs:whs It was by far the best of them all.

Barad
03-28-2010, 09:14 PM
The Pitt & Operation Anchorge are fighting it out! lol

TRUEBLADE KP
03-28-2010, 10:42 PM
I prefer The Pitt, it was the only DLC that actually interested me in its story.

Magicman10893
03-29-2010, 06:13 AM
1) Operation Anchorage because of the AMAZING gear in it. The "indestructible" armor was great, the Chinese Stealth Suit helps SO MUCH with sneaking around and I used constantly since I first got it!

2) The Pitt. I hated collecting 100 steel ingots. The ONLY reason it is so high up here is because of the silenced assault rifle they give you for collecting like 90 Ingots.

3) Broken Steel because it continued the story. The raise in level cap sucked though. I had level 20 LONG before doing the DLCs so I never got to collect on like the experience required to get levels 20-23 so I had to grind for HOURS!!!! And then I got screwed out of using that damned perk for changing Karma instantly so now I have to beat the game AGAIN up to level 30 for those achievements.

4) Mothership Zeta. I genuinely liked this. It added some cool alien weapons, an item to repair weapons that don't have identical copies (Firelance, generally all the alien weapons it gives you) and it was a blast to run around with the Firelance. It flowed so seamlessly using a bad ass alien weapon against its creators!

5) Point Lookout. I actually hated this one. The whole swamp sucked to me. Plus the enemies seemed too difficult. Not saying I actually had trouble fighting them, but I went in at level 30 and the enemies survived point-blank shotgun shells to the face from the Double-Barrel and The Terrible Shotgun! In the Capital Wasteland those guns rocked! That and I encountered a weird glitch there. I tried to do a quest and looked up the location for it on Fallout Wiki and when I put a marker on it, it was Northeast of my current location. But on the compass it showed my marker southeast and even pointed me to the water! In fact, every marker on the compass was horribly wrong except for markers put there from main quests.

Now if we forget items and only count the enjoyment from the missions/story, the list goes like this.

1) Broken Steel
2) Mothership Zeta
3) Point Lookout
4) Operation Anchorage
5) The Pitt

BadBoyKillah89
03-29-2010, 06:46 AM
That and I encountered a weird glitch there. I tried to do a quest and looked up the location for it on Fallout Wiki and when I put a marker on it, it was Northeast of my current location. But on the compass it showed my marker southeast and even pointed me to the water! In fact, every marker on the compass was horribly wrong except for markers put there from main quests.

That's not associated with just that DLC, it's happened to me a couple of times in the Capital Wasteland.

Now as far as my favorite content in order:
1. Operation Anchorage (good quests and loved all the great rewards at the end)
2. Point Lookout (it would be more down on the list because of the ridiculous difficulty of the enemies, but I just enjoyed the swamp feeling of the content too much)
3. The Pitt (would've probably been higher if not for the annoying glitches, even after all this time they didn't properly fix the glitch of falling through that high roof in the steelyard)
4. Broken Steel (was enjoyable but really hated the last quest, that last quest really brought down this content for me, just too long and too much crap to do, and too many enemies)
5. Mothership Zeta (the only thing I can say about this one is that it's very bland, nothing really exciting in this content)

xbfrittsox360
03-29-2010, 08:14 PM
Point lookout definitely had the best game play. Maybe I'm a little biased because I live in Maryland though... haha. But my favorite is Broken Steel because of the higher level cap, adding on more and more hours of awesomeness. But Point Lookout has the best quests / achievements.

Enric0 Palazz0
03-30-2010, 02:35 PM
I have to go with operation anchorage, I didn't enjoy point lookout at all, hated it actually, and i did enjoy The Pitt, but the others werent anything special at all...

DunamisMan
03-31-2010, 12:11 PM
All about Broken Steel. The rest seemed to be a little stretch to be real. Kinda like they were not part of the original story line and were almost completely DLC.

NubXL
04-02-2010, 03:28 AM
Point Lookout, followed closely by The Pitt. By the end of Broken Steel I was just annoyed from the Hellfire Enclave blinding me with their fire guns all the time.

LemonDrops288
04-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Point Lookout...because its the most unique one...awesome.

Barad
04-04-2010, 11:45 AM
Mothership Zeta = 0 = LOL

Dz06lt
04-04-2010, 12:30 PM
For me

Broken Steel
Pointe Lookout
Operation Anchorage
Mothership Zeta
The Pitt

Admiral Axtell
04-06-2010, 05:18 AM
Point Lookout or The Pitt, Op. Anchorage was pretty sweet as well, I thought broken steel was pretty boring though, and I didn't mind Mothership, it was okay, just way too damn long

BrandAid1138
04-06-2010, 06:18 PM
i'm currently playing the goty edition w/all the dlcs and the only one i have been to is mothership zeta (the loser). i mistakenly stumbled up it though looking for the alien blaster. you do get a ton of cool weapons after it though and nikola tesla armor.

with what some have said about broken steel has got me worried. i'm currently at level 24 and the enclave freaks i run into now are brutal and they're in the regular game!!

i haven't voted on this yet because i have not finished them all. i'm going to start operation: anchorage next though.

twistedsymphony
04-06-2010, 06:33 PM
I recently finished playing though all of the DLC

I will have to say that Point Lookout is probably my favorite, In addition to the side quests related to achievements there are a number of quests (some fairly substantial) you can play though there.
-A Spoonful of Whiskey
-An Antique Land
-Pilks Safari
-The Velvet Curtain
-The Dark Heart of Blackhall

all quests that are added to the game from Point Lookout. AFAIK none of the other DLC added any new quests outside of the ones related to achievements.

---
my 2nd favorite was Broken Steel, Mostly because it continued the main story, gives you free reign of the Fallout world after completing it (as opposed to forcing you to save your game before finishing) and adding in 10 more experience levels that, honestly, should have been in the game from the start.

Operation Anchorage had the best loot, but honestly, Operation Anchorage, The Pitt, and Mothership Zeta were all just too linear, and forced you to "make due" without a lot of the perks you had rightfully earned up to that point.

mystic_wolf83
04-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Going to have to say Broken Steel, actually gave me a unique challange compared to the others.

austothehun
04-07-2010, 11:58 PM
I think broken steel was the best because of the level cap increase.

GlacialT0ni
04-08-2010, 12:13 AM
My favorite broken steel

Barad
04-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Looks like Broken Steel is FTW, but Mothersip Zeta actually got a vote!l lol

Crims0nPenguin
04-10-2010, 09:27 PM
broken steel was a good story, but i liked the rewards from operation Anchorage, especially that Winterized T-51b Power Armor that never breaks.