PDA

View Full Version : help! cant get to the scenic point on building to the left of palais royal

MadPete
03-08-2010, 10:15 PM
i've found the zip line that takes u to the building (which is situated in between the gates for zone 1 and zone 2) but i cant get from the ledge the zip line goes to anywhere up higher. I've tried inching my way round the building but it only lets u go so far each way and if i try to climb up i end up on a ledge i cant get off without falling to my death. it's all i have left to get in zone 1. can someone help me please?

rabies
03-09-2010, 01:05 AM
i've found the zip line that takes u to the building (which is situated in between the gates for zone 1 and zone 2) but i cant get from the ledge the zip line goes to anywhere up higher. I've tried inching my way round the building but it only lets u go so far each way and if i try to climb up i end up on a ledge i cant get off without falling to my death. it's all i have left to get in zone 1. can someone help me please?

Yea..that one was real stupid..i hated it. I think the idea is you are supposed to grab the ledge above you, but it is buggy/not clean.

What ended up working for me:
Once you get off the line, climb up on the ledge...then I made my way left from the line to the north side of the building. from there, in the north side of the building is an indent in the ledge which makes a series of 90degree corners. I went to one of the inner corners (the first one i came to) and from the ledge i was on, rig it so you kinda jump across the corner to the next ledge..and if you do it right, he will jump up and grab that upper ledge you need to be on. Once you are there, you can jump pull yourself to the roof.

In theory, you could probably do it with the inner corner that is immediately to the right of the zip line, but I just tried for a couple minutes and couldn't make it...he kept missing...and eventually he missed and fell all the way down. :(

Good luck..it is a real hassle.

hardcore gamer
03-09-2010, 02:08 AM
Is that the one where you just press jump three times as soon as reach the end of the zip line? Try it, just stay in the same place and keep jumping.

daishichi
03-09-2010, 03:33 PM
Just ran into this last night, really annoyed me. Luckily, the achievement requirements give you room to miss a few freeplay events in each area, so I got the 333 for Paris Area 1 without this viewpoint.

MadPete
03-09-2010, 05:24 PM
thanx i'll give these tips a go :)

edit: bollox to it. tried 3 times and kept falling off the damn ledge

SpinelesS
03-15-2010, 05:47 AM
I had trouble with this at first too, but I can now get up there easily...

The trick is to walk to the edge of the ledge your on, then face either to the right or the left of the wall (eg wall faces north, you face east or west)

Now jump. you will twist in mid air and grab the ledge.

QuasidodoJr
03-15-2010, 11:11 AM
I can't remember that one, exactly. You're probably just taking the wrong route. Circle the building and look for yellow lights leading a path. Wherever there's a scenic view, there's always a path of yellow lights leading the way to it.

SpinelesS
03-15-2010, 02:28 PM
I can't remember that one, exactly. You're probably just taking the wrong route. Circle the building and look for yellow lights leading a path. Wherever there's a scenic view, there's always a path of yellow lights leading the way to it.

Nope, its a glitch with the jump. if you want to try and prove me wrong however from the front entrance of the belle (the place you start the game in) go west and follow the road south till it ends. Its the large fenced building with checkpoints to the north and south (can enter from the south checkpoint, or from zipline to the west)

The zipline lands you on a lower ledge which should be in easy reach of the rooftop ledge, but its a little buggy.

As I said before the trick is to walk to the edge of the ledge your on, then face either to the right or the left of the wall (eg wall faces north, you face east or west) and then jump.