PDA

View Full Version : Shortest quest.

UJustWanna
03-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Can someone rank the following quests in order of time it takes to complete, starting with the shortest?

Nuka cola challange (Dont have many quantum things)
Head of state
oasis
you gotta shoot em in the head
stealing independence
reilys rangers

Thanks

-yjw

Massa Siggy
03-09-2010, 02:06 AM
All I'm gonna say is The Nuka-Cola Challenge takes for...ev...er...

Good luck with that one.

UJustWanna
03-09-2010, 02:07 AM
All I'm gonna say is The Nuka-Cola Challenge takes for...ev...er...

Good luck with that one.

Haha really?
tits.

Dz06lt
03-09-2010, 02:10 AM
Shortest quest ever is megaton's bomb if you have the proper explosives skill it takes literally seconds. as for nukacola i didnt even approach the quest until i had the requred number of quantums in my possetion from my regular exploration so that also took me seconds to complete

McGoogles
03-09-2010, 03:00 AM
Nuka cola challange (if you have the required amount of nuka cola quantums)
oasis
stealing independence
head of state
you gotta shoot em' in the head
reilys rangers

There you go. :)

UJustWanna
03-09-2010, 03:37 AM
There you go. :)

Ha thanks. Anyone disagree?

LilGurgi
03-09-2010, 03:22 PM
There is a perk that will speed up "Nuka Cola Quest". I can not remember the name of the perk or what level it becomes available (at work), but it will convert every 10 bottles of Nuka Cola into Quantum. This speeds up the whole process considering Nuka Cola's are in every machine and found just about everywhere (houses, shacks, dead bodies, metro system, etc.)

AngelCakeTom
03-09-2010, 10:00 PM
oasis - take a flmaerthrower, burn the tree as soon as you meet him, kill the towns people and leave - job done takes 4 minutes or so if you skip dialouge..

you gotta shoot em in the head - if you have the locations fast travelable this ones short. kill all 5. get the armour, done and done. might take 20 minutes most...

Head of state
stealing independence - cant remmeber these very well i did them very early on, but i know theyll be shorter than the last 2...

Nuka cola challange - as soo as youve met the woman in girdershade, head to the nuka cola fatory, get the shipping manifest, and get the 3 quantums here. folow the manifest to the 3 places, find the stash of 5 quantums at each place, thats 18/30 already, you should have a good 10 or so just from roaming, and theres one in almost every major location, might take 10 minutes might take an hour...

reilys rangers - take FOREVER. just try to rush it. if youve already reached ranger compund itll be alot easier. and keeping the goons alive is a bit of a challenge, but i found this the longest quest out of them all...

thats just one opiion on it but hope it helps.

LemonDrops288
03-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Oasis is the shortest, then You Gotta Shoot em in th head, I think Head of states and stealing independence will take the pretty much the same time, reilys rangers is longer and annoying, and the Nuka-Cola is a real bitch....takes forever...

Barad
03-11-2010, 06:19 PM
I found the wasteland survival guide to be the shortest quest ever as i started and ended the quest withing the same conversation! lol

Jakethemuss
03-11-2010, 06:30 PM
I found the wasteland survival guide to be the shortest quest ever as i started and ended the quest withing the same conversation! lol

mmm...I actually did all 10 mission or however many there was. Luckily each 1 is fairly short and simple (one only involves you loosing 50% health, another just involves standing in radiated water for afew mins)

Nuka-cola challenege took me HOURS...I was going all round the map picking up bottles in drips and drabs.

I would say Oasis is the shortest from OP's list, then YGSEITH, then the other 3 didn't seem to be longer or shorter than eachother. I actually ran into Reilly's Rangers on the hotel rooftop and started the quest from there. I helped them defeat the mutants quickly, then just went to the base later on in the game to nab the achievement.

Pogo27
03-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Yeah, the Survival Guide... there are some parts of it that are super quick. But to do all 9 parts of the quest, it's about average length. For the radiation...it's quicker to stand-in AND DRINK the water around the bomb than to just stand in it. And you can injure AND cripple yourself by jumping off right outside her door--although, personally, I prefer to just stand on a grenade so I don't have to go through the load screens of entering and exiting Craterside Supply.

As far as the Nuka-cola challenge, the quickest way to complete this mission is to start collecting quantums the instant you first step outside of Vault 101. I'm working on getting all the achievements (again, on a new profile). I've been collecting quantums as I go, and as soon as I get 30, I'll go get, and turn in, the quest.

The other quests you have listed, mostly the length is determined on how much of the map you have explored and where you can fast travel. It also depends on which path you choose--there are multiple ways to do some of these quests, if I remember right.

Oasis, Stealing Independence, and Reily's Rangers are all pretty much in one place. Reily's Rangers though...yeah, that's definitely a long one. You've pretty much got to clear an entire building of mutants. Oasis, I don't remember the specifics on how the quest is done, but I don't remember it being too much trouble. Stealing Independence may be the quickest of these quests however.

You Gotta Shoot Em In The Head isn't too bad...as long as you have already been to all the locations you need to go to. The guys are really spread out. If you're fast traveling, it's easy. If not, it will take a while.

Head of State is an easy one, though I don't remember how long it takes. Obviously, it's faster if you can fast travel, but the walk isn't too terrible. The problem with this quest is that if you help the slaves, you've got to wait for them to walk all over the Capital Wasteland. Has anyone ever walked with them and followed their crazy path? I haven't...but I've checked their spots regularly on the mini-map. Maybe I'll actually follow them next time...anyway, the way they walk is anything but efficient.

BrandAid1138
04-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Shortest quest ever is megaton's bomb if you have the proper explosives skill it takes literally seconds. as for nukacola i didnt even approach the quest until i had the requred number of quantums in my possetion from my regular exploration so that also took me seconds to complete

i did the same thing on this one. just collected the quantums throughout my wanderings and when i had enough, went to where the quest is and it finished (but it did take a while to get 30 quantums-but i did finish other quests en route).

MigrantAleXx
04-15-2010, 04:21 AM
I hate the nuka cola challange its soo long and hard without a guide to were you can find the required cola.

Pogo27
05-03-2010, 10:34 AM
The key truly is making sure you overlap the quests.

First off, the Nuka-Cola quest automatically overlaps with absolutely everything you do in the Capital Wasteland from the instant you step out of Vault 101. Always keep your eyes peeled for Quantum's, and you'll get the 30 in no time at all.

Second, the Wasteland Survival Guide (WSG) can easily overlap a lot of quests. For example, during the point in the WSG quest at which you need to go to Rivet City to find out more about the local history, well, you should be to the Rivet City section of the main story, and while you're in Rivet City working on the WSG and main story, you might as well also pick up Replicated Man and do that while you're in Rivet City. Badabing, badaboom. And oh yea, you can pick up Strictly Business before you head down here also.

And speaking of Strictly Business, you probably picked up Blood Ties when you first traveled to Megaton, right? Right, well...while you're up helping Arefu with their problem, you're close to Paradise Falls and Big Town, so you can do those quests while you're in the area. And heck, you're not too terribly far from Oasis either, now are you? But before you start any of this, let's not forget that we're going to do all this while we're working on the WSG part to Minefield, right? And don't forget to stop by Agatha's House. She lives somewhere up there.

Those! can be done while you're at the Super Duper Mart for WSG.
Dukov, needed for You Gotta Shoot 'Em in the Head is near the Anchorage Memorial, which you gotta go to for WSG.

If you overlap your quests and always make sure you're knocking out 2, 3, 4, 5+ birds with one stone, you'll get through this game quite quickly.

kiskit
05-10-2010, 01:10 PM
If you've found most map locations these were quick:
--strictly business
--shoot'em in the head ( on my xbox playthru. It should work just as easy on pc version)
Other quick easy quests/cheevos:
--agatha song (I found the strat long b4 I ever saw her so it was like 30 seconds once I met her start/finish quest
--power of atom
--wasteland guide quick if u talk her out if it at first chance to use sppeech challenge
--I stole all the regular Nuka colas from the girl in Girtershade for nuka quantum challenge & others I found put in my locker, cooler then temporarily used the perk that changes every nuka into quantum plus the several quantums easily found thru basic playing of game I turned the 100 nukas to quantums gave all to Ronald since I won speeach challenge then after cheevo popped went to prior save & other perk cuz I like to give as many quantums to both to get as many caps as possible.
--I found a endless speech challenge success win 100% win exploit at Liitle Lamplight to get speech challenges done easy
--pick 50 locks also found exploit at Rivet City. Go to the entrance to the stores after night guard leaves shift I think it was about 2 a.m. The one lock is average that's near other rivet city entrance. I opened it then came outside again & repeated 24 hrs later waiting nearby til guard left each nite. Plus u can unlock sevral in the rivet city market one-time only thi most are difficult, very diff.

Pogo27
05-10-2010, 07:16 PM
kiskit, those aren't exactly the best strategies in my opinion, for two reasons.

I mean, I guess if you've already completed everything else in the game and just need one of these random quests or achievements then sure.

But for one, the exploits in Fallout 3 are LONG and BORING. Especially when there are more than a hundred lockpick, computer hack, and speech challenge opportunities when playing through side quests and main story line. You only need 50 each.

And that's the second reason--there are some things you simply shouldn't go out of your way to focus on completing until you've done absolutely everything else.

You could spend an hour in Little Lamplight trying to get the speech challenge achievement, or, in the same time, you could do the Tenpenny Towers quest, get that achievement, and in the process win about 10 speech challenges. Now you're 20% there just from one quest.

As for the Quantums, the perk to turn regular Nuka Colas can't be obtained until some time after level 20 (and only if you got the DLC). I finished the Nuka Cola Challenge quest before I even hit 20 and without going to any of the DLC areas and without taking more than 30 minutes out of the way of my regular adventuring to go specifically look for quantums, and that was to go get the ones near Old Olney. By the time you pick up the Quantums at the Super Duper Mart while you're there for Moira and the ones in Paradise Falls while you're there for the two quests there, you already have 10-15 quantums. It's not that hard to find the rest as you complete other quests--just keep your eyes peeled.