PDA

View Full Version : Never played a single FF game. Should I buy this? Will I understand anything??

The Lovat Scout
03-09-2010, 09:47 PM
The only Final Fantasy game I recall playing was on the Playstation 1 and it was an overhead view. I LOVE RPGs (Dragon Ages was a little too much for me, lol, so maybe I dont LOVE them) but I want all the surprises and awesomeness that comes with the game, and I'm afraid I won't get all of it if I know nothing about the story.

So. I know 0% about the story. Should I buy? Is there a site I can go to to recap it all?

And be honest, and think about it. Don't just say yes because the game kicks all ass, I;m sure it does...to you. But think about it in my shoes. Thanks guys! :)

spamfilter
03-09-2010, 09:51 PM
All the FF's have stand alone stories.

You don't have to have played any of the previous ones to understand this one.

Nirumano
03-09-2010, 09:52 PM
Well the story in this game has no connection to the other FF games, so doesn't really matter if you have played them. And if you just pay attention to the cutscenes and read the info in the datalog ingame, you dont need to read up on anything to understand the story.

I would recommend getting it, but like others have said, it starts out slow. So don't expect it to be that much fun the first 5 or so hours, after that it starts picking up nicely.

Deyankees1
03-09-2010, 09:54 PM
All the FF's have stand alone stories.

You don't have to have played any of the previous ones to understand this one.

This plus the game KICKS ASS lol no but in a serious note you could of never heard of FF and still be able to play this game the battle system is new the story is stand alone. If you just enjoy RPGS then you would enjoy this game its worth checking out.

Poptart
03-09-2010, 09:56 PM
You'll be fine, all FF stories are unique (except FFX and FFX-2).

And this is not as complex as Dragon Age.

Lord Montymort
03-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Yes, you'll be fine with this, this is possibly the most user friendly FF game, giving tutorials for everything, you should have no problems with it, and the game get better as you play, so if you try it don't give up in the first 5 minuites (or hours for that matter).

The Lovat Scout
03-09-2010, 10:36 PM
Sweet! Good to know, thanks everyone for the advice! I don't mind a game being slow at all, so hopefully it will be good. So even the characters are different? Or...maybe... nevermind! lol I suppose I will just see how it is when I play it. Thanks everyone, really helped out!

FM880
03-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Go get FFX, IMHO the best of the series