PDA

View Full Version : Good Grinding Areas:

Kraderic
03-10-2010, 11:48 PM
Chapter 6: "The Sunleth Waterscape - Hemmed in Stone"

-- With the climate set as "Sunny", there are three groups of monsters that give good EXP near the end of the chapter, (just before you confront Enlil and Enki, the chapter's bosses.) The monsters are all bunched together in a narrow, short canyon with a save point nearby.

#1: Two Fladragora: 64 CP
#2: Four Flandragora: 128 CP
#3: Three Garchimacera: 138 CP

total: 430 CP per reload.

The Paradigm's I usually switch between is Slash&Burn / Dualcasting, and using War&Peace to heal.

pro-tip: you can easily get a preemptive against the Flandragoras, then following it up with a quick "Quake" attack to stagger all the enemies, and finally a quick killing with dualcasters/slash&burn, healing when neccessary. :)

pro-tip#2: after you upgrade your Crystarium after defeating the chapter's bosses, don't advance to the next area: you can continue maxing out your characters using the same monsters as before.

so, anyone else have any other good grinding areas? :D give lots of detail, too.

rianbattle
03-11-2010, 12:37 AM
during chapter 5 i believe in the whitewood area as hope and lightning, when you get to the elevator that takes you to the research corridor area, the first group of enemies you encounter is a group of 6 baddies(can't remember what they are but i think they're crawlers). they net you 156 cp and you can respawn them by riding the elevator up and back down. i maxed out everything i had available for hope and lightning in about 20 minutes this way :-)

KrRome
03-11-2010, 12:55 AM
Chapter 7 Disc 2:
After the cut scene at Hope's dad's house you get attacked by PSICOM soldiers and when you defeat a squad you get 160 xp for both the squads which will add up to 320 xp.

After that run around the back and more soldiers will re-spawn there so you rinse and repeat.

Kraderic
03-11-2010, 02:27 AM
Chapter 7 Disc 2:
After the cut scene at Hope's dad's house you get attacked by PSICOM soldiers and when you defeat a squad you get 160 xp for both the squads which will add up to 320 xp.

After that run around the back and more soldiers will re-spawn there so you rinse and repeat.

oooh, this one sounds very promising. i'll give that a try when I get to that part in the game. :)

_DoTTeR_
03-11-2010, 04:16 AM
during chapter 5 i believe in the whitewood area as hope and lightning, when you get to the elevator that takes you to the research corridor area, the first group of enemies you encounter is a group of 6 baddies(can't remember what they are but i think they're crawlers). they net you 156 cp and you can respawn them by riding the elevator up and back down. i maxed out everything i had available for hope and lightning in about 20 minutes this way :-)

If the area you're talking about is the one I'm at the enemies are called Frag Leeches and the area is the canopy wardwalks.

I went down the whole pathway and got 1,000+ CP for 5-6 battles.

This is before the cut scene with hope saying hide

EDIT: The grinding part he is talking about is right after the cut scene. Same enemy though Frag Leech

allen_walker12
03-11-2010, 04:19 AM
in chapter 9 in the crews corridors ive been getting round 1920 for 4 fights per reload hope that helps

optics
03-11-2010, 10:13 AM
oooh, this one sounds very promising. i'll give that a try when I get to that part in the game. :)
It is, spent like 4 hours there. Took close to 2 hours to complete all the current levels of Crystariums. They also drops Incentive Chips which can be sold for 2,500 Gil and Phoenix Downs for 500 Gil. If you're lucky enough, one time around the room could get you 4 of those chips (10K Gil). This is where the other 2 hours were spent.

BootlegVenom
03-11-2010, 12:30 PM
It is, spent like 4 hours there. Took close to 2 hours to complete all the current levels of Crystariums. They also drops Incentive Chips which can be sold for 2,500 Gil and Phoenix Downs for 500 Gil. If you're lucky enough, one time around the room could get you 4 of those chips (10K Gil). This is where the other 2 hours were spent.

Thats where I'm heading next then! Was grinding a little on chapter 5-6, but gil has been the thing I've been missing so far, so sense a few hours there will re-leave this issue!

*EDIT* 3 hrs of grinding, have 20k CP, but dropped 6 Incentive chips in that whole time, good for early CP, but not If looking for gil, gonna carry on with the story now!

rrushn
03-11-2010, 12:43 PM
lol

I opened this in hopes to find some easy fights with 5000+ CP without growth egg...

*slowly backs out again*

Kraderic
03-11-2010, 06:35 PM
lol

I opened this in hopes to find some easy fights with 5000+ CP without growth egg...

*slowly backs out again*

lol, i'm sorry.. i'm still early in the game right now so fights don't reward me that much CP. :(

but i'm sure if people who are pretty far in the game could post their grinding areas, you'll find them helpful!

SparkaieWhyRfc1
03-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Chapter Nine Just Before You Fight The "Big Boss" At The End The Room You Are Trapped In Has Enemies Which Give Out Between 600-1000 Cp And Drop Either Credit Chips Or Incentive Chips( Cr Chips Sell For 500 And Inc Chips 2500) Can Get Betwenn 0-3 Cred Chips and 0-2 inc chips per battle) use all this money to buy turbo jet and upgrade your weapons with the turbojet

av levelled up my health ring to level 8 and my sword with lighning to tier 2 with this trick made over 200,000 gil also ;)

Kraderic
03-11-2010, 08:46 PM
Chapter Nine Just Before You Fight The "Big Boss" At The End The Room You Are Trapped In Has Enemies Which Give Out Between 600-1000 Cp And Drop Either Credit Chips Or Incentive Chips( Cr Chips Sell For 500 And Inc Chips 2500) Can Get Betwenn 0-3 Cred Chips and 0-2 inc chips per battle) use all this money to buy turbo jet and upgrade your weapons with the turbojet

av levelled up my health ring to level 8 and my sword with lighning to tier 2 with this trick made over 200,000 gil also ;)

while I agree Turbojets are great for upgrading your equipment, you want to buy around 36 "Study Bones" (80gil ea) and upgrade with those first, (it'll raise your EXP bonus to 3x). Once you have the multiplier bonus in place, buy Tubojets one enormous bulk and use it all at once to upgrade your accessory or weapon of choice (so the 3x bonus will apply to each turbojet). Then rinse and repeat with other accessory or weapons. :)

SparkaieWhyRfc1
03-11-2010, 08:48 PM
while I agree Turbojets are great for upgrading your equipment, you want to buy around 36 "Study Bones" (80gil ea) and upgrade with those first, (it'll raise your EXP bonus to 3x). Once you have the multiplier bonus in place, buy Tubojets one enormous bulk and use it all at once to upgrade your accessory or weapon of choice (so the 3x bonus will apply to each turbojet). Then rinse and repeat with other accessory or weapons. :)

Thanks Will Try That Next

I've Spent Like Ten hours In This Room Because That Boss Keeps Kicking My Ass :L

xMr FaTTs
03-11-2010, 08:53 PM
I hope this particular spot hasn't already been said but if it has i apologize ahead of time. Chapter 11 The Archlyte Steppe Northern Highplain. Yes i know the Behemoth Kings give you 4000CP, this i know has been said but i got tired of waiting for them to not pay attention so i could attack their ass when they werent looking so i found a better spot. Right before you leave the area on your main quest you will come across a Behemoth King and a Megistotherian fighting each other. To me alot easier nets you 6600 CP per fight, go save and do it all over again. Sorry again if this has been said but i havent seen it so hope this helps someone.

SparkaieWhyRfc1
03-11-2010, 09:03 PM
I hope this particular spot hasn't already been said but if it has i apologize ahead of time. Chapter 11 The Archlyte Steppe Northern Highplain. Yes i know the Behemoth Kings give you 4000CP, this i know has been said but i got tired of waiting for them to not pay attention so i could attack their ass when they werent looking so i found a better spot. Right before you leave the area on your main quest you will come across a Behemoth King and a Megistotherian fighting each other. To me alot easier nets you 6600 CP per fight, go save and do it all over again. Sorry again if this has been said but i havent seen it so hope this helps someone.

I Seen That In A Video On This Forum

But Was All In Japanese :L

So Thanks Now I Know Where :L

optics
03-11-2010, 11:21 PM
in chapter 9 in the crews corridors ive been getting round 1920 for 4 fights per reload hope that helps

That's where I'm at right now, but you don't need to reload. At the beginning of that part, there are 3 groups, once you've beaten the three groups, there is a hallway that leads you outside onto a single platform with a save. Return back to where you came and you will be back in the corridors and the 3 groups will have respawned. After defeating them, you can go outside where all the platforms were where you originally came from. Defeat the first group (3 drones and 2 soldiers (I think), return back to the corridor and the 3 groups will have returned. Rinse and repeat. They also drop Incentive Items which can be sold for 2,500GIL.

Kraderic
03-12-2010, 04:44 AM
That's where I'm at right now, but you don't need to reload. At the beginning of that part, there are 3 groups, once you've beaten the three groups, there is a hallway that leads you outside onto a single platform with a save. Return back to where you came and you will be back in the corridors and the 3 groups will have respawned. After defeating them, you can go outside where all the platforms were where you originally came from. Defeat the first group (3 drones and 2 soldiers (I think), return back to the corridor and the 3 groups will have returned. Rinse and repeat. They also drop Incentive Items which can be sold for 2,500GIL.

i'm right there now too. :) chapter 9 ftw.

Smooth Pancakes
03-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Chapter 7 Disc 2:

This area is triple awesome for me.

A) I LOVE grinding. I have never finished a Final Fantasy where I did not have every single character maxed out in stats, levels, abilities, etc. Back in FFX, I filled out the entire sphere grid for every single person because I refused to finish the game until I "completed" it.

So grinding to fill out my Crystarium that I have available so far at this point, and then building up some ungodly amounts of extra CP for use down the road is playtime for me.

And I know some people were saying it takes 15-20 hours for the game to open up, hell, I've already been playing for over 23 1/2 hours and I'm only just now up to Hope's dad's house in Chapter 7. Nothing like some beautiful grinding to add some hours onto the game clock. That's probably why I've never completely finished and 100% beaten any of the 7 Final Fantasy games that I have played in less than 300-500 hours.

B) Going round and round getting Incentive Chip after Incentive Chip is enabling me to build up huge Gil reserves, which will undoubtedly come in handy both now and later when upgrading weapons.

C) Having the save sphere right here in the room, every so often, as I amass large quantities of Incentive Chips and amass large amounts of Gil, I'm buying stuff and upgrading weapons continuously over and over, making the weapons better and making everyone kick ass in battles.

BootlegVenom
03-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Im destroying the troops by hopes house in 34-44 seconds on average, am getting 5 star ratings most of the time, have done hours of grinding, but have 6 incentive chips for my trouble, everyone else seems to have stacks!, is there something I am not doing?

Smooth Pancakes
03-12-2010, 10:16 AM
I think it might be just sort of random. Some times going around the circle, I'll get only a phoenix down, other times, I'll get one or occasionally two Incentive Chips per battle. There was a little bit in the middle of my grinding, before I called it a night for playing, that I went probably 5 or 6 battles without getting any chips.

So I don't know if there is really anything you can do but hope for some luck if you're already 5-starring each battle.

Vile Denial
03-12-2010, 10:58 AM
So I don't know if there is really anything you can do but hope for some luck if you're already 5-starring each battle.

Hope is just my name... ;)

I agree though. Once you 5 star the battles, it's just random. On one round I got 4 incentive chips (out of the possible 6), yet over the next 3 rounds I only got 1 phoenix down.

I'm only going to go a short while longer (to get one or two more of the weapons to level 26).

Outline
03-12-2010, 01:25 PM
As soon as I saw the drops on those soldiers, I stayed there for some time. Still grinding out to boost up some equips; got my first max level weapon thanks to this spot.

Baig
03-12-2010, 01:26 PM
Chapter 11: Taejins Tower

Just redo quest 24 over and over again. You start it and the enemy spawns 2 feet away. He drops real easy even without PS. You get 6k cp and an item that sells for 6k gil. Repeat as needed.