PDA

View Full Version : Deadly Shadows

phenominality
03-10-2010, 11:57 PM
I'm replaying Thief 3 right now. It still holds up today against current titles. It would be amazing if they kept the same mindset when creating this new one (dark story telling, extreme focus on stealth, tons of valuables). I would even like it if there were more negative consequences for not being covert. It was an advantage to remain unseen in Deadly Shadows, but if i did get in a fight i could always easily dispatch the guard with the old side-swipe technique as he charges past you. They should make Garrett a master thief, not a warrior, if it was up to me.

Takamura Bear
05-16-2010, 12:40 AM
Deadly Shadows is a masterpiece. Probably the greatest stealth game I have ever had the privilege of playing. It didn't need fancy gadgets or epic boss battles; the moody atmosphere and story were enough for my tastes.

Hopefully, Thief 4 provides the same but a bit more when it comes out.

chichan123
05-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Yes and there was a genius who worked for this game "Warren Spector" which made it even more special. He will be missed in theif 4

phenominality
05-17-2010, 04:57 AM
Deadly Shadows is a masterpiece. Probably the greatest stealth game I have ever had the privilege of playing. It didn't need fancy gadgets or epic boss battles; the moody atmosphere and story were enough for my tastes.

Hopefully, Thief 4 provides the same but a bit more when it comes out.

I agree it was very, very good. You always come back to playing it eventually. Thief 4 has a great opportunity to become the best stealth game ever (if it ever gets released).

onur
07-26-2010, 10:41 PM
You guys should try thief 1 and especially 2 they where even better then 3

can't wait for 4

Arenazombie
11-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Awesome games!
I think the 2nd part was the weakest. Didn't really liked all these robots and stuff, in fact I liked levels with humans the most since its were the stealth mechanic is suited best since like these Lizards and Zombies can sense u in the dark and as well don't really react in the way the humans do which is basicly fine and I want them to stay in the series like especially the zombies created a lot of tension and horror (if u forgot to pick up enough of fire arrows and holy water) but anyway I think the main part should be dealing with humans but there being some zombies and stuff like the cursed hammerites on the later levels.
Anyone remember the shalebridge cradle? One of the most awesome levels ever created in a game! And on a close second the old church with the cursed hammerites from the first one!
Hopefully they'll keep the horror up and don't turn it into some Assasins Creed like casualised mainstream game.

phenominality
02-04-2011, 01:13 AM
You guys should try thief 1 and especially 2 they where even better then 3

I would love the opportunity to play those games. But i would love it even more if there was more news for Thi4f.

@Arenazombie

I remember that level. So creepy when i was young. They did a great job creating individual memorable environments.

InsaneKane87
06-24-2013, 06:16 AM
I've never gotten to play the previous 3 Thief games, but judging by how popular they are and how good the new one is looking to be, it will be pretty amazing.

I'm a huge fan of stealth games and I think stealth games are best for those who have patience, a lot of patience e.g. Hitman. I do occasionally enjoy a run and gun, but stealth is best for me. I also love that Garrett has a bow and arrows, which is what I will use if given to me in any game than anything else e.g. Skyrim. Screw swords, guns, magic etc etc, give me a bow and arrow. Nothing better than pulling back and waiting for that perfect moment to plunge that arrow into your enemy.

Judging by reading the cover that GI did for Thief, this may just be my favorite stealth game ever. The small details to Garrett's hands and all the different routes you can take, how much you can steal, sell and upgrade. Also, the fact on how long it's been in development, has given them enough time to sort out what works and doesn't and I think a game this long in the making will shape up to be pretty damn good.

Were the previous Thief games only set at night, seeing as you are one with the shadows? After reading about this game, it seems like you only come out at night, which I like and think is best suited for the game. I can't imagine you trying to sneak around during the daytime.

I would get a next gen console just for this game.

ImaginaryRuins
07-26-2013, 10:27 AM
I can never forget the survival horror experience in some of the T1 & T2 missions. T3 is not as good as them but its Robbing the Cradle mission totally worthed my time and money.

Schimpie
02-14-2014, 01:49 AM
I wasn't always good at staying stealthy but I sure enjoyed it alot. I remember being really impressed by the lighting and atmosphere of it. Taking your time is well worth it as even listening to the conversations is fun.

m1 yid
02-14-2014, 12:14 PM
I love stealth games and I also love games that involve thievery so this is perfect for me... (the first quest line I went to complete in the elder scrolls was the thieves guild)
I've been eagerly anticipating this arrival, heard so many positive things about the series and watched all the trailers and videos explaining the game.

DARTHMARC0720
02-15-2014, 01:00 AM
I still remember the first time I beat Deadly Shadows, when you have to run up to the fountain. There were statues and gargoyles patroling and I would have been dead in 3 hits. So I wait and wait for the perfect opportunity. They all line up just enough that a noisemaker draws them away, I rush down to the fountain, being chased by one gargoyle I missed. I activate the objective...and the cutscene plays.
My heart was pounding so hard I was surprised I didn't fall over dead.
But the level of exhilaration from completing the stealth objectives without being caught has never been met by any game I've played since.
That's what makes Thief great.
That's why I still have my Deadly Shadows game 9 years later and still play it every year.

TheDeceiver35
02-17-2014, 02:28 AM
Years later, I still consider Robbing the Cradle to be the best mission in any game ive played. All the lead up to it in previous areas, the atmosphere, all the subtle hints to the story behind the location as you play through the level, its just amazing.

BIG L RETURNS
02-20-2014, 08:09 AM
judging by the new 101 trailer it looks like they'll have another creepy cradle type of mission with the creatures that look like they came from the movie "the descent" haha i'm so excited for this. 5 days is too long to wait :)