PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Galaktia
03-11-2010, 02:17 AM
Hello everyone,

So I am Galaktia by name and Galaktia by Gamer Tag. And I guess I should tell you abit about myself if I am going to be so evil as to barge in and take up a membership.

So first of me as a gamer.
I am not a hardcore gamer, I don't game for the acheivements, though I do love the little icons you get for completing games. I don't have allot of time to game and I haven't had a gamer tag for long, so I only have a measley 15,000 points or so.
I am ELITE, I can't beat some games on the highest difficulty, though I struggled through Dead Space and am going through Mass Effect 2 on the highest difficult because the acheivements are making me do it.

I play games when I have spare time to escape from things and just to relax and have some fun.
I don't really like MMOs, or Multiplayer games in general cause I get defeated allot, I don't really have the "killer instinct" and often feel bad for killing other players who have been working to do something.
I am into RPGS, both Japanese and American, prefering Fantasy and Sci-fi to realistic/thriller or crime (which is also my taste in books).
I like RTS and TBS but mainly on the pc or laptop, as my experience with these games on the Xbox is a bit frustrating.
I also like builders, and simple fun games, with a great favourite out of tower defensive games.

I try not to stress over gaming, because for me it is an escape, and trying to "be the best" or "beat everything" just isn't fun for me.

Outside of the electrical games.

Well outside of electrical games I also play D&D, and a couple of other roleplaying games. Again I have a preference for Fantasy or Sci-fi over modern.
I also love certain board games. Chess is great fun for me even if I am not very good. I also play Japanese chess or "Shogi" which again I am not good at but enjoy.

Completely away from gaming.

Completely away from gaming, well... this is the really me-ish, bit of me I suppose. Lets see...

Well we'll start with the fact I study anatomy, physiology, sports, fitness, business management, etc at Uni.

I teach karate as an instructor, And I am also continueing to learn karate and have just started learning judo a while back.

I love to stay physically active and I go running and jogging allot, I also like playing allot of diffrent sports, but again only for fun and not really competitavely.

Like most people I do a bit of writing in my spare time, and also like most people it isn't really worth reading, but I think up stories and tap them out. On a related note my grammar and spelling are very, very bad. Please for give aforementioned grammar and spelling.

I tend to be a rather relaxed guy and don't hold my cards close to my chest, if you wanna know something I will tell you, and will be honest, which sometimes disturbs some people.
I also tend to be a little shy and awkward when face to face with people for the first time, luckily for me and unluckily for you, online I am less restrained.
I hate to offend or upset people unless they offend or upset me first in which case I have a nasty habit of going straight for the Jugular so to speak.
I also LOVE, and I mean, LOVE helping people, if someone has a problem and I can help I adore being able to help them out.

So any questions? :D

Diskidgotsol3
03-11-2010, 03:24 AM
Welcome to x360a!!
What university do you go to?

Lady Greaver
03-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Welcome to X360A and enjoy your stay.

Galaktia
03-11-2010, 03:16 PM
Hey Diskidgotsol3, I work with the Open University in the UK.

Hey Lady Greaver, thanks for the welcome.

TOBY DA THUG
03-11-2010, 04:13 PM
So first of me as a gamer.
I am not a hardcore gamer, I don't game for the acheivements, though I do love the little icons you get for completing games. I don't have allot of time to game and I haven't had a gamer tag for long, so I only have a measley 15,000 points or so.
I am ELITE, I can't beat some games on the highest difficulty, though I struggled through Dead Space and am going through Mass Effect 2 on the highest difficult because the acheivements are making me do it.

little contradiction there... it doesnt bother me, just thought id point it out =) unless you meant you wont pick up a game just cus its got easy achievements?

Welcome to the forums mate, im currently simming through my madden 06 30 franchise years so thought id pop on and say hello to some new members!

Enjoy your stay, and look forward to seeing you around!

Galaktia
03-11-2010, 05:29 PM
I know there was a contradiction there Toby, I am full of them :D ;)

It was a bit of an oxymoron really.

But I mean it, I don't game because of acheivements, I game because I enjoy gaming.
I certainly wont pick up a game for easy acheivements, wont even borrow a game for easy acheivements.
However I am a bit obsessive about certain things, for instance I was the guy who had 300 Tornados from the card game before leaving the first island on FF7.
So when I only have 1 acheivement left to get, I will get pushed into trying to get it by my obsessiveness.

I know, It confuses me too :D

Jakethemuss
03-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Oh hai dude,

I used to play alot of tower defence games, primarily on newgrounds.com where they had a huge selection. Some of them you can play for hours and are addictive as phuck!!

Welcome to the site