PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Character so far?

CareBear Stare
03-11-2010, 05:24 AM
Just wondering who everyone likes the most so far!

Mine is Lightning so far. I usually don't care for the main characters but i love her attitude, character design and she dominates in every cut scene. And as a added bonus she gets Odin, my favorite!

Big_Sama
03-11-2010, 05:25 AM
Snow, most def, I will be cosplaying him in the near future.

CareBear Stare
03-11-2010, 06:09 AM
I do like his costume design as well! Story has gotten deep where i'm at with him (chapter 5) but so far its just about his love interest. I want to see how he develops with everyone else.

wallE156
03-11-2010, 06:14 AM
I personally WOULD like Snow's character design, but the bandanna he's wearing kills it for me, I just think he'd look a lot better without it. I don't like that ONE hair that hangs in between his eyes either. My fav char is Lightning so far. Just and FYI, I'm sure you can tell this by looking at her but Tetsuya Nomura stated that Lightning is supposed to be the female equivalent of Cloud from FFVII.

balance13
03-11-2010, 06:24 AM
Afro Chocobo all the way! Either that or it be snow I think

Massa Siggy
03-11-2010, 06:27 AM
Vanille. She's quirky, a good mage, and so damn cute!

killerkord
03-11-2010, 06:54 AM
I'm expecting Lightning and Vanille to have the most votes (I haven't voted or checked yet). It's a tough call, it's either Sazh or Hope for me. They're under-appreciated and are carrying the story pretty well. (I guess not so much for Hope in the beginning.. but as his character develops, hells yeah).

FaitcH
03-11-2010, 06:55 AM
Snow!

Snow is my favorite :D with his attitude and the way he fight that he can play a while without having to defend himself aswell as his story ... i'm not a huge fan of love story nor the reason why he's so hyped to go forward but the way he act and his look is simply amazing.

Shad0wTroop3r
03-11-2010, 07:12 AM
Took me literally half a sec to decide
AFRO CHOCOBO

ZundayXx
03-11-2010, 07:14 AM
Sazh, with a close tie up with Vanille. They're the only charracters that don't whine whenever they can, lifts the spirits whenever you had a part with Hope in your party, altough hese getting better.

CareBear Stare
03-11-2010, 07:53 AM
Took me literally half a sec to decide
AFRO CHOCOBO

Haha, i didn't think anyone would choose afro chocobo! Yahhh!
They did do a really good job with the characters personalities. I thought i would hate Sahz and Vanille. Hope is the only one i find annoying. Heres hoping his character develops better.
So lame but i might actually start collecting stuff for this game, figures, posters, maybe i can make a chocobo hair clip...

Danandamber
03-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Hope just irritates me for some reason. I'm only on chapter 4, but I think if he finally grows a pair and confronts snow, I might learn to like him.

Smooth Pancakes
03-11-2010, 09:20 AM
Hope just irritates me for some reason. I'm only on chapter 4, but I think if he finally grows a pair and confronts snow, I might learn to like him.

It gets better after hitting chapter 5.

VinasErgoth
03-11-2010, 09:31 AM
Sazh, all the way. Ever since the beginning he's been my favourite. Probably Fang or Lightning after that.

Selections
03-11-2010, 10:03 AM
Sazh for me. Vanile pisses me off with her careless attitude, and her voice. That girl is on some serious crack or something.

Dont really like snow either. FF annoys me in a way where snow can use the same punches on an enemy to bring them down as Lightning would take with her weapon. makes no sense.
Also why does that design on the back of his coat only appear during battle, but if your walking around its plain?

MythosEngineer
03-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Hope is my favourite so far. Talk about your normal kid who gets thrown into an abnormal situation. Other people in stories say they're 'normal' but always have things like... oh he was a normal kid, but spent every day playing battle simulators so he knows how to fight. Or he was a normal kid, but was a great hunter for our tribe so he's great with bows. But no. Hope is just a normal kid who doesn't know shit about anything & suddenly here he is fighting for his life as a l'Cie. It's just so incredible the development he goes through. Almost done with Disc 2 now, 20+ hours into the game.. I hate Lightning & Snow is just some noncharacter with the most bland personality ever. Afro Chocobo is also awesome & Vanille & Fang would be too if they weren't AUS (sorry AUS people, but the female AUS..)

mctennisd
03-11-2010, 10:13 AM
It's all about afro chocobo. It's the only thing that doesn't talk. They all have their ups and downs and can be whiny. Lightning is kinda whiny too. If I had to choose a talking character, I would prolly choose vanille, she is cute, and optimistic. Her biggest downside is that she sounds like claire from lost a little.

VinasErgoth
03-11-2010, 10:33 AM
Also why does that design on the back of his coat only appear during battle, but if your walking around its plain? I think it's something to do with his coat being his weapon, not his gloves.

APassingShadow
03-11-2010, 10:39 AM
I like how this Final Fantasy it's about all the characters and not just the main one! It's really cool! I chose Vanille cause she's the hottest digital girl I've even seen. I wanted to pick the chocobo tho because it is so awesome... but my avatar chocobo doesn't make silly noises all the time :mad:

Andrealinia
03-11-2010, 10:49 AM
I chose lighting because, I feel, that for a Final Fantasy game she has a GREAT attitude for a main character. I would've also picked Sazh and Vanille if I could pick more than one but Vanille reminds me of Rikku who annoyed me and Sazh can be a bit ... odd sometimes but he makes me laugh!

Hope is just... bleh... I'm on chapter 8 and seriously, he's only just started to get better for me. Snow I like, except he seems to contradict himself too much for me to pick him as a favourite. Fang I hardly know about at the moment so I couldn't pick her.

But a lot could change in the rest of the game!

Muse89
03-11-2010, 10:57 AM
vanille!!! she reminds me of rikku, my all time favourite ff character

Action Ash
03-11-2010, 11:12 AM
I voted for the chocobo. It's so fricken cute!!
I'd say Lightning is my favorite person so far. Vanille is cool but she has a weird accent.

I2abbz
03-11-2010, 11:19 AM
Vanille.........

ROG372 72AB1T
03-11-2010, 11:29 AM
I would definitely pick Fang can't wait to see how her story plays out once you meet her it seems like the climax to the story

Muse89
03-11-2010, 11:30 AM
I voted for the chocobo. It's so fricken cute!!
I'd say Lightning is my favorite person so far. Vanille is cool but she has a weird accent.

yea i like the chocobo too, i was worried it was jsut gunna be stupid but luckily theyre not playing on it too much. just something to make you smile every now and again

locoloco
03-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Honestly I like them all, but my favorite is Snow currently.

I would like to proceed and say that I feel the writers did an excellent job with the characters. A good rpg is heavily defined by it's character development.

That being said, I'm fairly pleased with this game.

P.S I'm still waiting for another FF with 10 plus party members along with excellent development for each; I'm looking at you FFVI!

Hiryu
03-11-2010, 11:56 AM
i would go with this order:

Lightning, Fang,
Sahz, Vanille,
Snow,
Hope,

of course the chocobo owns all as its very cute haha

loved it when you had to search/chase it in chapter 8 or so with sahz and vannille ^^

Muse89
03-11-2010, 11:59 AM
Hope is the only one i dont particularly like atm, hes just moans all the time
but im only on ch4 so im hoping hell man up a bit later

CTW001
03-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Sazh = Legend

smudgedhorizon
03-11-2010, 01:41 PM
So far it's a tie between Snow and Vanille. I expected Snow to be annoying but I actually really like the guy, so he wins by a pinch.

MythosEngineer
03-11-2010, 04:32 PM
It's sad to see so many don't like Hope too much.. I just don't get how people can't like him. He's fabulously written & his voice actor delivers!

Fully Avenged
03-11-2010, 04:55 PM
Can't believe the lack of love for Sazh in this Thread! My goodness, he's comical genius. XD

Although admittedly, I'm saddened that you've split Sazh and his Afro Chocobo up, the two are just a complete comedy act together. :P

Sessh
03-11-2010, 05:15 PM
at the moment (i'm right at the beginning of chapter 5) i'd have to say sazh...

...which comes quite unexpected for me, considering that before i started playing i didn't think i'd like him at all...just thought that he'd be mighty cliched - i mean come on - an afro and a baby chocobo in it?..

...but now there really is love for him and the little birdie :D...

everyone else is rather cool too - even the kids (another pleasant suprise)...

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-11-2010, 05:26 PM
Lightning..But i LOVE sazh's Chocobo chick

Yours3lf
03-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Gotta go with Sazh. Perfect comedy relief with stereotyping at its finest. The dual wielding glocks, his love for chicken...I mean chocobos, and that goofy @$$ grin that is always on his face.

Evil Flogo
03-11-2010, 06:41 PM
Lightning for me, just because of how awesome her weapon is and how it holsters...
Gotta say though vanille is the most annoying of the game, apart from her accent that sounds like an american trying to sound australian I don't think her dialogue has been thought out. Right at the start where you first meet her and she's like "oh well everybodys dead cept for us.... hehe!" ...grr....

vitalskills
03-11-2010, 06:48 PM
well i would go for Vanille she's cute and I love her accent
second would be the chocobo

Shad0wTroop3r
03-11-2010, 07:05 PM
ROFL noone likes Serah

Evil Flogo
03-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Serah looks like a school girl and to be honest I have to seriously question snows moral intentions..

CoregBlue1
03-11-2010, 08:00 PM
I like Hope the most, he developed to a really great character.

Next is Vanille ^^

CareBear Stare
03-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Guess the game's developers did a really good job with the characters since this isn't a one sided poll! Sahz with the come-back! Even Afro Chocobo!
I guess Serah isn't doing so hot since she is just a block of crystals right now.

The only reason i don't like Hope is because of his weapon, not a big fan of boomerangs which is ironic because i'm a aussie..

lordryuzoji
03-11-2010, 08:25 PM
The positive attitude of Oerba Dia Vanille gets my vote.

SkyJin
03-11-2010, 08:45 PM
Fang is by far the coolest character in the game IMO.
Perfect character design and awsome voice to go with it!! <3
She's just awsome, and she has the coolest summon!

ReckoningDayX
03-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Gotta say though vanille is the most annoying of the game, apart from her accent that sounds like an american trying to sound australian I don't think her dialogue has been thought out. Right at the start where you first meet her and she's like "oh well everybodys dead cept for us.... hehe!" ...grr....

She's easily my favorite, but I have to agree. At points she sounds American, other times it's Aussie. Her voice actor is Australian, though. That explains it all.

Reginaldted
03-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Who the hell voted for Hope?

Sazh, cool guy

AoA Requiem
03-11-2010, 09:48 PM
I like Vanille for some reason, but Lightning is also awesome. I went with Vanille for this one since I'm sure she won't get too many votes..

Also, the only character I really DISLIKE is Hope.. kid just whines and cries, annoys the crap out of me.

elvez_70
03-11-2010, 09:51 PM
I hate HER!!!but would hit tho

Massa Siggy
03-11-2010, 09:58 PM
I like Vanille for some reason, but Lightning is also awesome. I went with Vanille for this one since I'm sure she won't get too many votes..

Also, the only character I really DISLIKE is Hope.. kid just whines and cries, annoys the crap out of me.

Hope toughens up and gets better. He becomes an integral part of the story. I like him, but he's not my fave.