PDA

View Full Version : 24 to get the axe?!

CutePoisonCTU
03-11-2010, 10:37 AM
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/cult/s9/24/news/a208042/report-fox-to-announce-24-axe.html

Nooooo! I love it! I'm not up to season 8, just about to start season 7, but I am a huge fan - this is awful news to me! lol.

What does everyone else think? Glad to see the back of it, or are you like me and want more Bauer?!

ApochWeiss
03-11-2010, 11:12 AM
Am I reallyt he only person out there who did not like this show? or Lost?

*hears a lynchmob and runs for the hills*

Sorry, should have contributed. Honestly I didn't even know the show was still around, never heard anything about it recently and I thought it WAS off the air. I think the show had it's run, a friend loves it and tells me all about it but I can't see how they can keep milking it.

edited the edit: Then again I love Law& Order: SVU and they milk the same episodes over and over with different people and situations. I mean, how many times can one sit there and watch a rehash of an episode where a kid was molested by a member of the family? ><

CutePoisonCTU
03-11-2010, 11:27 AM
lol. I didn't think it was good when I first heard about it...but after some friends of my boyfriend convinced us to give season 1 a shot...I was transformed into a 24 geek. Each to their own though.

Andy Shandy
03-11-2010, 11:38 AM

Nah, you're definitely not the only one that didn't like Lost, watched a couple of episodes and hated it...My mate watches it and tells me to watch it whenever I see him but the show's ridiculous...

Anyway, back on-topic, I will miss not watching new 24, but it has been running for quite some time now and therefore has probably run its course without needing to repeat storylines

Deadly Moves
03-11-2010, 11:59 AM
I absolutely LOVE 24.. But i knew it had to end at some point.
Jack Bauer will always one of the best characters ive ever seen

CutePoisonCTU
03-11-2010, 12:18 PM
I absolutely LOVE 24.. But i knew it had to end at some point.
Jack Bauer will always one of the best characters ive ever seen

Hell yeah! He's the coolest man on the planet!

specVjavi
03-11-2010, 12:24 PM
Ive never seen a single 24 episode. I was thinking about gettin the series from Netflix at some point.

Evo Kazz
03-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Tussell
03-11-2010, 11:50 PM
Nope, I never saw what was so interesting about shows like Prison Break, Lost, 24, CSI, etc. These types of shows never interested me. Granted they're all different shows, but if you're a fan of one, it seems as though you're a fan of the others.

My parents are one of the few exceptions that I've seen. Out of the shows listed, the only one they watch religiously is Lost.

I've never been able to get into shows like this. I really can't get into 'serious' shows. I mean, the closest thing to 'serious' I've ever been religiously into was Tales from the Crypt. I own all the episodes. Otherwise I'm a fan of sit-coms like Seinfeld, The Big Bang Theory, and old shows they show on Nick@Nite. I also really love It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

HarperBird
03-11-2010, 11:58 PM
Don't think this is the end cause i read in a film magazine saying that there in the process of making a 24 film so i doubt it will be axed!!

Also I am a fan of Lost and will be sticking with it till the end!!

But I'm mostly looking forward to the new season of Breaking Bad this month, one if not the best TV show around!!

Tussell
03-12-2010, 12:11 AM
Don't think this is the end cause i read in a film magazine saying that there in the process of making a 24 film so i doubt it will be axed!!
Just because there is a film, doesn't mean the show is going to keep going. The film could very well be the conclusion. Much like what they did with the show Dead Like Me.

TheEighthSage
03-12-2010, 12:40 AM
Finally, the show starting getting stupid around Season 3. And Apoch, I never liked Lost either.

Wow, short post is short. Sorry about that^^;

HarperBird
03-12-2010, 01:36 AM
Just because there is a film, doesn't mean the show is going to keep going. The film could very well be the conclusion. Much like what they did with the show Dead Like Me.

It may not be cause if you check IMDB you can see that more 24 is to be released in 2012! So that could be either a film or another season I bet that depending on what happens the end of this season we will see if it is a movie or another season my bet would be on both (hopefully)!!

Or this could be made up i hope its not!!!

Dz06lt
03-12-2010, 02:36 AM
its all just rumors at this point. but its possible it will happen, they already have 1 movie planned once the show finally gets the ax so perhpas they will just continue it on that route

shadow sniper
03-12-2010, 03:02 AM
I've always liked the show but this season has been painful.I still think it's its better then this dumb show 'Human Target'.

exo-apollo
03-12-2010, 05:31 AM
I like 24 but it has definitely run it's course. It should have ended around the 5th season. It has kind of tainted the whole thing, it would have been best to wrap it up nicely before it got bad. Just like Bill Watterson did with Calvin and Hobbes.

litepink
03-12-2010, 05:48 AM
There are rumors it could go to another network. NBC seems like a good fit.

DOOKH8R
03-12-2010, 06:17 AM
I've always liked the show but this season has been painful.I still think it's its better then this dumb show 'Human Target'.

Aw man. I like Human Target.
Christopher Chance was a bad ass in Action Comics and Detective Comics back in the day.
At least the new dude playing Chance is way better than Rick Springfield was about 20 years ago when they tried the show the first time.

Evo Kazz
03-12-2010, 11:59 AM
I only started watching 24 about 2 year ago, I sat down and watched all past seasons in about a week, I loved every minute of it. The only season I had issues with was 6 as it seemed very dull compared to previous ones. Speaking of a movie, the spin off Redemption was kind of a movie, and it worked amazingly well, so another movie of sorts is welcomed. This season is excellent, the only annoyance is Brian Hastings, this guy really annoys me, and I feel they could find a better actor for the part he plays, an important part at that! I also LOVE the fact Katee Sackhoff is in it. She was amazing in Nip/Tuck.

I hope it is not canceled though, that would really suck. I don't care if it's run it's course it never bores me.

Nozza XBA
03-12-2010, 12:13 PM
My mate (edit - HarperBird up above) said a little while ago that there maybe a film and one more series or something.

I think the only way to end 24 is if Jack dies.. and I think most of you know that! I think a movie would ruin the series, be it a spin off or following on from 8..

I love 24 and I think its a great series and I will miss when it ends. I loved Prison Break and thats gone (cancelled), I like Heroes (I think thats being cancelled) and Lost is just SHIT! I sorry but the first series was ok but then to bring in Invisble people and time traveling islands etc is just stupid for a TV series that could of been so much better!

I'm watching this series now and its pretty good but they are running out of ideas caus I think this is about the 3rd time SPOLIER - they've done a nuke/chemical threat SPOLIER but with new characters etc..

Lets just House doesnt get cut anytime soon as there on the 7th series and thats another amazing series *High Five Bez* =P

Louis BCFC1875
03-12-2010, 12:15 PM
About time, i mean it's a epic series, but it's been going on a while, this season otherwise next.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-12-2010, 12:27 PM
How can u axe 24 :o

CutePoisonCTU
03-12-2010, 01:47 PM
The only season so far I haven't been as keen on is season 4...just didn't gel with it as much as the others, but I still love the show.

I loved Prison Break too and then that went away. The only thing I will be left with that I like is Desperate Housewive :).

WillScot55
03-12-2010, 02:02 PM
I heard that the film would take place in Europe plus it costs a lot to make 24 so thats another reason they may axe it

Fayzer
03-12-2010, 02:29 PM
I love the show as well, But it does seem a little daft the Jack keeps ending up back at CTU and still forced into battle. Maybe it's time to end it while it's still good fun.

Louis BCFC1875
03-12-2010, 02:54 PM
The only season so far I haven't been as keen on is season 4...just didn't gel with it as much as the others, but I still love the show.

I loved Prison Break too and then that went away. The only thing I will be left with that I like is Desperate Housewive :). But there is so many other shows out there !

CutePoisonCTU
03-12-2010, 04:22 PM
But there is so many other shows out there !

I know there are other shows out there, but I don't like half of them lol. Don't like Lost, Heroes, Fringe, Flash Forward, True Blood etc etc. I stick with Desperate Housewives and I am following Cougar Town, but that's it. I quite like The Unit, but I think that got cancelled after season 3?

And yeah, Fayzer, I know what you mean about Bauer going back to CTU, but c'mon, it makes great television :woop:

Andy Shandy
03-12-2010, 10:43 PM
Lets just House doesnt get cut anytime soon as there on the 7th series and thats another amazing series *High Five Bez* =P

Hey, how come no high five over here :p House is the best show on TV

djhepcat
03-12-2010, 11:02 PM
probably 5 years overdue IMO

Purge
03-12-2010, 11:29 PM
My parents are one of the few exceptions that I've seen. Out of the shows listed, the only one they watch religiously is Lost.

Yeah, I think I'd be great friends with your parents. :p I have a totem of LOST DVD's, I'm that commited.

Angry Tom
03-12-2010, 11:36 PM
Well it's about fucking time.

dakisbac
03-12-2010, 11:38 PM
Hey, how come no high five over here :p House is the best show on TV

It used to be, about three seasons ago. Season six has had a few good episodes so far, as did season four and five, but the best of the show was seasons one to three.

Sorry to push this more off topic (but I've never watched 24) but anyone else here watch Psych? That, House, and SVU are the only shows I watch.

bapae
03-13-2010, 02:22 AM

*hears a lynchmob and runs for the hills*

Sorry, should have contributed. Honestly I didn't even know the show was still around, never heard anything about it recently and I thought it WAS off the air. I think the show had it's run, a friend loves it and tells me all about it but I can't see how they can keep milking it.

edited the edit: Then again I love Law& Order: SVU and they milk the same episodes over and over with different people and situations. I mean, how many times can one sit there and watch a rehash of an episode where a kid was molested by a member of the family? >< Nopr your not the only one that didn't like those shows. I didn't like them either i found them quite boring.

solarhd
03-13-2010, 02:53 AM
Damn it!!!!!!

i m redshark
03-13-2010, 02:53 AM
Nopr your not the only one that didn't like those shows. I didn't like them either i found them quite boring.
You can add me to this list, I despise both shows. Really how far can they drag 24? I don't even know what season they are currently on, but they have to run out of storylines at some point. Lost is just a completely different topic, maybe I'm not smart enough to actually get it, but I think it is horrible and can't wait to see it finally end

X monkfish69 X
03-15-2010, 10:55 PM
Just seen this thread and I hope that they don't cancel 24 ! I'm just starting to catchup on this and have been loving it. Just finished Day 6 last night, so I'm slowly getting there.

But what reason would there be to cancel it ? I thought it was still popular ?

The one thing I have to say though is that in every season, someone wants to try and get the President removed due to some act of something or other saying they are not fit for duty. Also CTU must be really easy to infiltrate as a spy or to attack as a mercenary, but the staff still come back for more. And more....

CutePoisonCTU
03-16-2010, 10:34 AM
Just seen this thread and I hope that they don't cancel 24 ! I'm just starting to catchup on this and have been loving it. Just finished Day 6 last night, so I'm slowly getting there.

But what reason would there be to cancel it ? I thought it was still popular ?

The one thing I have to say though is that in every season, someone wants to try and get the President removed due to some act of something or other saying they are not fit for duty. Also CTU must be really easy to infiltrate as a spy or to attack as a mercenary, but the staff still come back for more. And more....

Lol, I know, but I still love watching it. I watched 24 Redemption last night which was pretty good, so I'm all prepared to start watching season 7 now :).

Staberg
03-16-2010, 02:38 PM
I've watched all the seasons and episodes of 24 sofar, so would sad to see it go, becouse I think it's one of the better shows out there atm. But would be good to end the show soon, some of the sidetrack stories are have been and are lacking. Didn't much enjoy the film they did before previous season though. Didn't feel very 24ish without the "realtime".

Cyburn360
03-16-2010, 08:46 PM
never got into 24, though I think it went though the same formula 8 times

X monkfish69 X
03-17-2010, 08:02 AM
Lol, I know, but I still love watching it. I watched 24 Redemption last night which was pretty good, so I'm all prepared to start watching season 7 now :).

I still need to see Redemption, then I too will be starting 'Day 7'. I might have a break though as I have watched the last 3 'Days' over the course of the last 3 months and I don't want to get bored of 24. Might try Battlestar Galactica Season 1 and then come back to 'Day 7'....

Sambuca Queen
03-17-2010, 03:52 PM
This is the first I heard about it being axed. I read that it was finishing with series 8, but not being axed, just wrapping everything up. I love Jack Bauer soooooooooooooooo much, Kiefer fucking rocks. But Ill continue to re-watch the old ones if it goes :(

Lloyd Hopkins
03-19-2010, 07:35 AM
The first three seasons were amazing, but everything went downhill after that. Think about how awkward dates are for Jack Bauer, anyway. "So, what do you do?"

"Well..."

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-19-2010, 10:53 AM
I think all the series were amazing up untill 7 where there was no ctu. That was stupid,

Darth Trom
03-21-2010, 12:59 AM
I loved the series when I watched it on DVD the first three seasons... I would basically watch a whole season in the course of two days and was hooked...

I still watch every week, but how many more times can you hear Jack yelling... "We're running out of time." and begging Chloe to break the rules just once more so that they can get to the nuclear nerve gas harboring biotoxic agents that are meant to assassinate a president. Once they killed off David Palmer I started yawning every episode afterward.

When that first season came out, it was so fresh.

WarGod3
03-21-2010, 01:53 AM
wtf lol ive only just started watching this show lol

Iconoclast
03-22-2010, 05:06 PM
No!! I love this show! I just finished watching the first 7 seasons over the past few weeks. I can't get enough of Jack Bauer and all his "damnits!". I've seen a few episodes in season 8 so far, but I find it extremely hard to watch the show on TV, as the cliffhangers it leaves make me want to go deface public property. I'd much rather have all the episodes and be able to watch as many at a time as I like.

I hope this is just a rumour, Keifer Sutherland is my idol, regardless of how many DUIs he has. Jack Bauer is a total badass <3

Don't cancel my precious 24!! :(

CutePoisonCTU
03-23-2010, 08:54 AM
No!! I love this show! I just finished watching the first 7 seasons over the past few weeks. I can't get enough of Jack Bauer and all his "damnits!". I've seen a few episodes in season 8 so far, but I find it extremely hard to watch the show on TV, as the cliffhangers it leaves make me want to go deface public property. I'd much rather have all the episodes and be able to watch as many at a time as I like.

I hope this is just a rumour, Keifer Sutherland is my idol, regardless of how many DUIs he has. Jack Bauer is a total badass <3

Don't cancel my precious 24!! :(

Lol, Jack Bauer is a legend and I will be so dissappointed if this rumour turns out to be true. I started watching 24 when it was filming the seventh season so I bought the box sets and watched them in my own time - I think I would find it really hard to watch an episode on TV and be left with an epic cliffhanger and then have to wait another week!!! It was bad enough with Prison Break!

tgas416
05-17-2010, 02:11 AM
i have to say that this is a really grate show i hate seeing it come to an end

FFFreak1129
05-17-2010, 10:48 AM
It sucks that this show is going to end. Really one of the only shows I watch on tv anymore.

KeepEmRolling
05-17-2010, 07:12 PM
24 is ending....this will be the last season although it's not technically being axed. Keifer and the producers feel this is a really strong season and want to end the shows run on what they feel is a strong storyline.

there are plans to go into production on a 24 "movie" and i believe this is a theatrical release.

KFZ Scrubs
05-17-2010, 07:14 PM
What's with all the big time shows getting the ax? I wasn't a huge fan of 24, but Hero's got the ax too..... i thought people liked that show.....