PDA

View Full Version : Josh the "Monkey" aka Traceur here!

L3gendary92
03-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi guys! I'm new to the forums but plan on posting quite often as of today!

So what can I say about myself? My name is Josh and I am 17 years old. I live in a pretty small town in Alabama with a whole lot of nothing to do. Obviously, I am a big fan of video games, but I discovered something about a year ago that changed my life-Parkour. If you don't know what Parkour is, DO NOT think of Mirror's Edge. Mirror's Edge definitely did incorporate some Parkour movements into the game, but it's hardly what it's about!

Being a Tracuer, or practitioner of Parkour, you have to train very safe, hard, and diligently. It takes a lot of time and patience to become at a level you want to see, but when you see improvement in yourself physically and mentally, that's something truly amazing!

Aside from that, I consider myself a pretty friendly guy. I'm not too big of fan of internet humor, but I still laugh at some occasional memes. I'm not a troller either, because I have better things to do with my time and realize that just because I can't see you guys, people on forums do have real emotions and feelings and I don't like the thought one bit of trying to put someone else down!

Well, that's about it! Hope to see you guys around and take it easy everyone! :Bounce:

http://i44.tinypic.com/10nvs0o.jpg%3C/div%3E

Starstrukk X360A
03-11-2010, 02:12 PM
I've tried Parkour before.
I died the next day.
It requires a lot of energy that I only have when it doesn't require me jumping around. =D

Anywhozle, welcome!

TOBY DA THUG
03-11-2010, 04:17 PM
welcome to the forums! am sure you will enjoy your stay!

this parkour, is it like free running? I would love to do something like that... but dont have the bottle anymore to do some of that crazy stuff! think im getting old!

anyway, be good ;)

L3gendary92
03-11-2010, 04:38 PM
I've tried Parkour before.
I died the next day.
It requires a lot of energy that I only have when it doesn't require me jumping around. =D

Anywhozle, welcome!

I lol'd :D! It does require a lot of energy, but that can all be tuned up with some conditioning and change of diet :D! I can't believe you died, that must have been the worst day ever!

Thanks for the welcome!

welcome to the forums! am sure you will enjoy your stay!

this parkour, is it like free running? I would love to do something like that... but dont have the bottle anymore to do some of that crazy stuff! think im getting old!

anyway, be good ;)

Sup, Toby? I think I will be enjoying my stay, thanks!

Parkour and freerunning are hand-in-hand I suppose. Parkour is more focused on quick, precise, movements getting from Point A to Point B as fast and effeciently as possible. Freerunning is more about expressing yourself through movement such and different aerobic type things. I can't say I am truly defined to just one, or anyone for that matter, I always just say parkour :)!

IT'S NEVER TOO LATE! People 30+ years old begin doing Parkour. Some people even over the age of 60 still do Parkour and freerunning! It's about taking it seriously and finding your own path. The whole journey is self-discovery--finding out who you are and what limits you can break!

It can be dangerous stuff, as most things are, and the most common mis-conception is that you are supposed to be taking very huge drops or jumping from buiding to building.`The fact is, Parkour and Freerunnign are very safe sports. Did you know more deaths occur every year from coke machines falling on people than people doing parkour? Did you also know I just made that up.
But seriously, it's a very safe art if you practice it properly!

If you would like to know anything more or if you would like some guidance, feel free to hit me up on xbox live, PM me on here, or you can contact me on AIM! Take it easy, man!

Lady Greaver
03-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Welcome and enjoy your stay.

CodSteaks
03-11-2010, 07:42 PM
have you seen the movie District 13? I believe one of the guys who invented parkour is in it. i think there's a sequel coming out, too. not too bad a movie, although i was a little disappointed there wasn't more parkour in it, if i remember right. that's what drew me to the movie in the first place, although i'm also a fan of luc besson, who produced it. i don't do parkour, but i think it looks cool ;)