PDA

View Full Version : awards idea, or maybe not awards, but just a competition

thieflordgamer
03-07-2006, 03:45 AM
i think it would b cool to have competitions and awards where u had 2 beat the single player mode of a long game the fastest. a good example of a good game for this type of tournament would be oblivion or basically ny zelda game. we wouldnt even have 2 have awards for it, but i think it would b a neat type of tournament.

EDIT: yo its been like 2 days and where's the feedback? what do u guys think about this idea?

DOUBLE EDIT: holy crap, i guess no1 noticed this thread cuz no1 replied while i was in cancun, ill just post another post to refresh it in the new posts list.

thieflordgamer
03-19-2006, 09:52 PM
ok i was thinkin about having a race like this for cod2 on veteran. i realize ppl could easily cheat, but what would be the point? and we all no each other on here and i think we pretty much trust each other to an extent, lol.

Helacool360
03-19-2006, 11:18 PM
It sounds like an ok idea..but i just have PGR and PDZ so i couldnt be in it

thieflordgamer
03-20-2006, 12:52 AM
ya, well we could even do games for other systems some time, i can think of several great ones that would work for it, it just depends if u guys like it or not.

Minty
03-20-2006, 06:43 AM
i just did COD2 veteran in 28 minutes, do i win?!!

how on earth do you plan on seeing whos done it, other than everyone having to record there play, then someone watching it.

and why do it on Zelda?? 360 site remember

thieflordgamer
03-20-2006, 02:24 PM
yes, but there are forums for other systems, and it wouldnt have 2 be an official tournament, just something for fun a few users could do. and like i said, i think we all trust each other to an extent. and i guess we could record it if we felt like it to check that theyre not lying about their time. we wouldnt even have 2 watch the whole thing, we could just check the end time of the video or whatever.

k_dog
03-20-2006, 02:49 PM
I guess we'll have to do like we did in the old days...

1) Pause it and grab someone
2) Take a picture... :)

thieflordgamer
03-21-2006, 01:45 AM
this is y i like games that have game timers, becuz its a lot easier. ive participated in a few competitions like this and its a lot easier with total elapsed game time timers.

btw, like the new avatar k dog lol.

scoobydiesel
03-23-2006, 11:08 PM
eeeh people will always try and find a way to lie