PDA

View Full Version : Back to that Roadmap Idea...

Supernaut3
03-12-2010, 12:26 AM
What's the best way to go through the game? Do I have to goto the Don's Camp before I goto town if I want to join him? So I need to goto Town first? Can I leave the Town once there? Because it tells me that I won't be able to.

PenderPowguin
04-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Depending on how you do it, and what faction you want to join. I would go to the Don's camp first no matter what side you take, to get experience and quests. But you have to go to harbour city either way and yes you can get out. There's a ledge (if you find the blacksmith, go up the stairs behind his shop close to the outer wall...make your way all the way through until you dead end, on the left you should be able to look down at a way out...there'll be some rocks you can jump on and try to hug them while weaseling your way to the ground THEN run like hell because all of those guards will attack, doesn't take long to get a safe distance and voila you're free.) If that's hard to understand I'm sure someone has a video somewhere, to get back in I just pay the guy at the back gate again (100 gold) as I never had a limit he just kept letting me in. Hope it helps.

Godstar
04-11-2010, 05:27 PM
From my understanding of the game, if you were going to do a road map, then it should all go up to the part before doing the faction stuff, then split once depending on whether you're going Bandit or Order. Doing as much as you can before the split has advantages, as you don't have to worry about redoing portions over again after the split, not that it really matters as it most likely will count towards progress in other achievements (like Big Game Hunter and King Midas).

I created 3 saves (you could probably do two if you wanted, but I wanted to try Warrior):

If you go Order, then there are two more splits, one for Mage and one for Warrior.

If you go Bandit, then you can only go Hunter.

If you are going after Rune achievement, Magic Crystals achievement, and Wisdom portion of achievement then you have to do the Mage Branch (seems easiest way to do it).

If you are doing the close melee achievement and strength portion of achievements, then you pick Warrior.

If you are doing the Archery/Crossbow achievement and dexterity portion of achievements, you create a save for Bandit Camp.

I think it's necessary to pick one of the paths and stick with it till you have 90 LP, and have ~5k-6k to spend on training.

Getting 90 LP might mean you have to hold off on getting Lockingpicking, Stealing, and other skills till after you get your achievements, and some of the skills like Wisdom, you can can't get till you've played a large portion of the game, so at a minimum, 3 partial playthroughs are required to get all the achievements. Reason being you won't get all the crowns and pixie hats, and the potion formulas till chapter 2, and that means you have to have picked a faction by then. Also a lot of the stone tablets for the Wisdom portion of the achievement can only be acquired through story related quests.

IGzxManiiac
04-11-2010, 06:54 PM
The game can be done in 1 full playthrough and 1 partial playthrough up to the end of Harbour town, so there is no need to do 3 partial playthroughs as you said Godstar. You can do the wisdom, strength and dexterity all on your mages playthrough if you do it right. The skills can all be earned on your mages playthrough as well except possibly swordfighting as the sword fighter in don's camp wont speak to me. If you need me to explain anything more just said me a message as It'll take too long for me to explain in this post.

Godstar
04-12-2010, 11:25 AM
The game can be done in 1 full playthrough and 1 partial playthrough up to the end of Harbour town, so there is no need to do 3 partial playthroughs as you said Godstar. You can do the wisdom, strength and dexterity all on your mages playthrough if you do it right. The skills can all be earned on your mages playthrough as well except possibly swordfighting as the sword fighter in don's camp wont speak to me. If you need me to explain anything more just said me a message as It'll take too long for me to explain in this post.

Yeah, I ran into that last night. I think it has something to do with finding all the disks because I was able to talk to him on an earlier save. So I think if you're going to do that Sword part of the achievement, you need to do it rather early. I'm just going to do it when I do the ranged weapon achievement, and the one for saving the town.

Also, I noticed last night that you can't use jewelry to bump your stats up to 200 and have it count for the achievement. It has to hit 200 via potions or plant boosts.

Cohh
04-21-2010, 12:10 PM
So for those of us just starting:

The general consensus is that you save everything up until you get to the "faction" part, then make a hard save, and go from there?

So in a skeletal form:

Playthrough 1: Do all side quests/quests up to "Faction" part (can someone clarify exactly when this is?). Continue completing all quests, following the Order path, then Mage path. Get all Magic based achievements, and all Skill/Stat achievements on this playthrough.

Playthrough 2: Load up the save when you decided your faction. Play "Don's" side, get all the range combat achievements.

That sound about right? Of course, I haven't even received the game from Gamefly yet, so I'm pretty clueless on the progression and terminology; just trying to get prepared. Thanks for any assistance! :p

PenderPowguin
04-21-2010, 03:42 PM
A few things about that plan...

-Make sure you have a game save BEFORE you finish 4 quests for either side (Order/Don)
-Might be a good idea in the beginning to SAVE before talking to the first guy on the left working for the Don in Harbour City (Delgado his name maybe?) but anyways, he'll teach you pickpocket, make sure to SAVE before learning but once you do walk around... there should be 8 people to pick at lvl 1 pickpocket RELOAD and REPEAT for that achievement.
-On the Order side you should get the Majority of achievements which include Runemaster and Master Investigator.
-On the Don's side you get The achievement when The don comes back to harbour town

For each side

Order-You can learn
-All crystal magic to lvl 10/ 3 diff mage masters
-Staff fighting to lvl 10/ the inqusitor
-Axe fighting to lvl 10/ Ogre at Dons camp
-Crossbows to lvl 10/ Edgar in Harbour town

Don-You can learn
-Sword fighting to lvl 10/Fincher at Dons camp
-Bow to lvl 10/ Sam at Dons camp

Both sides you can learn pickpocketing and lockpicking

MAKE SURE TO SAVE ALL ALCHEMIC INGREDIENTS AS THEY ARE VITAL TO SOME PAIN IN THE ASS ACHIEVEMENTS.
-Heros Crown/ for all potions (that matter)
-Pixie Hats/ dex boosting ing.
-Ogre roots/ str boosting ing.
Those are the 3 most rare and most need

Another thing...make sure to do the Sidelined quest before fully siding with the Order else you cannot do it later....unless of course you have a saved game before choosing a faction.

Hm, there's ALOT more but this should maybe help you get started?

PenderPowguin
04-21-2010, 03:51 PM
....more on those notes....

If you've already read some of the posts you should know by now to save at least 90 LP or Learning points ( you gain 10 with every level up) for those specific training achievements. That's why I said SAVE before you learn pickpocket then when you have the achievement you can reload and still have your LP...I'm still playing and still have at least 90 LP at all times....(Currently searching the world for tool bags and plants) and I went the mage route. I have another game save for the Don's side but you really only need to play that side until the end of CH2 I believe. Once you've got 80 LP and have access to Volcano keep you can get the Workaholic achievement, ( do this while siding with the Order, before you start CH2 ) Learn all 3 lvl Blacksmithing from smith in Harbourtown--Learn Prospecting from Olf in Harbourtown--Learn Gut animals from numerous people but I learned from the guy in the Gutter District in Harbour Town---and Alchemy lvl 3 from What's his face in Volcano keep (abrax maybe?) Potion guy downstairs inbetween the Sleeping quarters and the library (cant really miss him) Then reload and keep your points.

Cohh
04-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Excellent. Thanks for the help, guys.

PenderPowguin
04-22-2010, 12:09 AM
If you want to get SUPER in depth, and you want ALL of the achievements download this guide (pdf file) It helps immensely.
http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49195
Tonight I get all of my Hero's Crowns Boo Ya.

Cohh
04-22-2010, 11:52 AM
If you want to get SUPER in depth, and you want ALL of the achievements download this guide (pdf file) It helps immensely.
http://forum.deepsilver.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49195
Tonight I get all of my Hero's Crowns Boo Ya.

Damn, that guide is excellent. Quick question: It mentions that, if you go Mage, you can't get sword to level 10 after Chapter 1 (due to the trainer being closed off). It does mention, however, that you can train it to level 10 before you go to chapter 2, but it will gimp your character...

For the achievement though, if I got 90 LP in Chap 1, Saved, Boosted sword to 10, made a different save, then reload the first one and played as normal, getting Axe and Staff later; would that still get the achievement? Does it track through saves or only playthroughs?

IGzxManiiac
04-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Yeh it counts through all playthroughs and all saves, so you can do exactly as you said in your post and still get the achievement.

Cohh
04-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Yeh it counts through all playthroughs and all saves, so you can do exactly as you said in your post and still get the achievement.

Appreciate the assistance. After doing almost all the quests and getting 40k xp with only 70 LP, I think I'll shelf the sword line for my Bandit playthrough; I don't want to wait any longer to get my spells hahah.

PenderPowguin
04-27-2010, 08:04 AM
Appreciate the assistance. After doing almost all the quests and getting 40k xp with only 70 LP, I think I'll shelf the sword line for my Bandit playthrough; I don't want to wait any longer to get my spells hahah.

Mage path is pretty beast, after getting all of your required LP and completing all of the Max. Training needed for achievements I recommend boosting Magic Bullet to lvl 10 (forget the other two) Using remainder of points to learn Alchemy lvl 3 and boost with strength potions +5 (with all of the hero's crowns and ogre roots) Then you're pretty much unstopable.
I'm in both game saves back and forth, mostly mage path being that it's the main game for me. Almost done with my Hunter side (CH2 quests to get secret acheivement for The Don) Gotta get back to busting ass in this game since I fixed my Xbox, bullshittin.

Cohh
04-28-2010, 11:24 AM
Mage path is pretty beast, after getting all of your required LP and completing all of the Max. Training needed for achievements I recommend boosting Magic Bullet to lvl 10 (forget the other two) Using remainder of points to learn Alchemy lvl 3 and boost with strength potions +5 (with all of the hero's crowns and ogre roots) Then you're pretty much unstopable.
I'm in both game saves back and forth, mostly mage path being that it's the main game for me. Almost done with my Hunter side (CH2 quests to get secret acheivement for The Don) Gotta get back to busting ass in this game since I fixed my Xbox, bullshittin.

Good deal; quick question. Do I need to worry about using LP to get my stats up? I wanted to go for the 200/200/200/200 but not sure how much LP I'll need to save. I have 100 points atm, 0 weapon skills and 0 magic skills, and I just found my second Crystal Plate. My str is 30 atm. I wanted to get Str to 50, then Staff to 7, then start working on Magic Bullet, but not sure if I should do Magic Bullet first? Also, should any points be dumped into Mana?

IGzxManiiac
04-29-2010, 09:40 PM
I don't quite understand what youre trying to say when you say you want 200/200/200 do you mean the stats Dexterity, Strength and Wisdom. If thats what you mean then it is not possible you'll only be able to do wisdom and one other if you're on the mage playthrough. Because you need the Hero's Crowns for both Dexterity and Strength. Well to be honest if you're going to do Magic Bullets I wouldnt bother with any strength or staff training, as the magic bullets at level 10 will be unstoppable, and trust me when i say this you will not need you're staff for anything important near the end of the game because you wont be using it. If you're planning on levelling up strength, staff fighting and Magic bullets you will not have enough LP with 100, youre going to need in the region of 200 LP which is to be honest not possible unless you sit at the EXP glitch for a couple of hours which is very depressing. On your last point no Mana is not important at all so do not touch it. I completed the game with only 50 mana on my Mage playthrough.

Muse89
06-21-2010, 06:23 PM
when would be the best time to go searching for all the plants?
iv just started ch2, only lvl11 and thinking it would be best to do it early so i can use my 90LP rather than save it
only problem is im not really that strong cause obviously i havnt used much LP so im just hoping theres no super strong mosters and the herbs arent that hard to find

PenderPowguin
06-26-2010, 08:57 PM
By plants I am assuming you mean Hero's Crowns, Pixie hats, and Ogre roots? I got them all between CH1-2 I am now back to playing the game after a bit of a break and am on CH3. I had posted a link earlier in this post with a very detailed map of all locations. What I did was print the map of the world and go through putting x's and o's over the plants and used the map to find them all. Hope this helps, feel free to message me if you have any additional questions.

Muse89
06-27-2010, 10:44 AM
yea im using that really detailed guide you posted (cheers btw)
im just having trouble getting to the north eastern part of the map for the 4 in that region. just cant seem to get past the ghouls