PDA

View Full Version : How Can You Make It Rain?

DivinityCycle
03-13-2010, 04:15 AM
There are a bunch of side missions and things where you need it to be raining to do stuff. I have read in various places things about "loading such and such chapter to make it rain", however, I cannot find any consistent way to cause it to rain. Can anyone lay out the exact method for achieving rainy weather in this game? I would rather be able to cause it to happen as opposed to just waiting for random chance...

Mystrytrky
03-13-2010, 05:05 PM
Unfortunately, it is random chance, aside from chapters that actually always start in the rain. But, for getting it to rain at certain times you just need to get to that time and then sleep for 24 hour intervals until it's raining. Albireo Graveyard is a good place to sleep as there is an unlimited amount of green tomatoes there to eat... but a good tip is to not bother eating until you finally get rain, as your health will not drop while you sleep, even if you sleep for three straight days with a completely depleted food meter; it saves you some time and money.

linkin10362
03-13-2010, 05:16 PM
I haven't got it yet, but I heard that there is a rain doll that you get for doing one of the side missions that increases the chance of raining. I believe it's one for Emily.

DivinityCycle
03-13-2010, 05:26 PM
Yes but you need for it to already be raining to get the rain doll... irony!
Thats a good tip about the food meter, I didn't know that. That will make it a lot faster for me to just sleep until rain happens :D

Mystrytrky
03-13-2010, 05:35 PM
The Rain Doll you get from completing Emily's final side quest, and from my experience it doesn't really work that well. It always just got really cloudy for me, isn't that right Zach?

isw42
03-13-2010, 07:41 PM
The Rain Doll you get from completing Emily's final side quest, and from my experience it doesn't really work that well. It always just got really cloudy for me, isn't that right Zach?

Yes, Zach. My morning coffee showed it to me.