PDA

View Full Version : Who is excited for Kick Ass?

AdamArmy
03-14-2010, 03:14 AM
I looks great, and reviews have been great. Superheroes, brutal violence, comedy, Nick Cage, and the dude from Superbad. Sounds like a perfect movie to me. Who else is excited?

sixgun91
03-14-2010, 03:33 AM
I looks great, and reviews have been great. Superheroes, brutal violence, comedy, Nick Cage, and the dude from Superbad. Sounds like a perfect movie to me. Who else is excited?

This has been talked about on her before.... But i sure as hell am, the comics were the tits!!

DOOKH8R
03-14-2010, 03:34 AM
Looks like cheesy lame crap.
Matthew Vaughn makes junk (see Layer Cake, Stardust, etc)
Mark Millar needs to hang the pen up if his ideas are going top become this garbage.

thewyseone
03-14-2010, 04:20 AM
as excited as getting a hole in the head,from a 357 magnum!

Sampson
03-14-2010, 09:00 PM
as excited as getting a hole in the head,from a 357 magnum!
...I can't tell if that's exciting or not. I mean, it could be exciting from some people point of perspective... unless that's what you're getting at there.

T3mplar777
03-14-2010, 09:00 PM
I've heard good things.

SynysterChris
03-14-2010, 09:52 PM
When I saw the preview I was like Kick-Ass.
Plus I read the comic and it was pretty good, except for the every end though.

Tussell
03-14-2010, 09:53 PM
I definitely am. I'm going to be seeing it at the midnight release.

The Pants Party
03-15-2010, 02:18 AM
Mark Millar needs to hang the pen up if his ideas are going top become this garbage.

Are you judging that on the movies made from his ideas, or do you actually read the source material? I'm guessing the first, or I doubt you'd be saying that.

DOOKH8R
03-15-2010, 03:40 AM
Are you judging that on the movies made from his ideas, or do you actually read the source material? I'm guessing the first, or I doubt you'd be saying that.

No, I am saying he shouldn't bother writing if his work is going to be bastardized into sub par movies that don't reflect the quality of the comics/graphic novels.

You can't possibly believe the movie Wanted or the Ultimate Avengers animated DVDs remotely compare to comics.

The Pants Party
03-15-2010, 05:19 AM
I'm sure he's crying himself to sleep on his mattress stuffed with hundred dollar bills right now because Hollywood twisted his ideas...

Seriously, comic writers know what is going to happen when they sell their idea to be translated to the big screen. Only people with egos like Alan Moore get upset. Millar has stated on many occasions he understood why the changes needed to happen in Wanted. You really think they could have filmed someone raping women, shooting old ladies in the head and battling a walking pile of excrement named Shit-Head? The public doesn't want to see that. He has his story all set and done in print and he has a nice paycheck from the movie. Win-win.

DOOKH8R
03-15-2010, 05:36 AM
Yeah, all of that is true. Piles of money will cause just about anyone to bastardize their works. Alan Moore being the main exception.

I'm still sticking with my initial assertion that Layer Cake sucked.

Admiral Axe
03-18-2010, 05:14 AM
Definitely not me. There are way too many comic book movies and I'm just getting sick of it. There is almost no originality in movies today. They are almost always remakes, based on books and comic books. It sickens me.

WillScot55
03-18-2010, 06:14 PM
looks good but I think I'll be renting this one

Sambuca Queen
03-18-2010, 08:53 PM
Meh, Im not impressed or excited by it. Im not keen on the guy from Superbad, so i guess it may be a rental or avoid for me.

Snowman
03-18-2010, 09:06 PM
So far Kick-Ass has been getting perfect ratings, so I hope that It'll end up being amazing.

XxBlueSpade2xX
03-21-2010, 06:44 AM
I loved Layer Cake. Anyway, I'm hoping this movie is good. I've heard good things from SXSW. But, to be perfectly honest I can definitely see this movie disappointing.

A ZombieTwinkie
03-21-2010, 07:20 AM
I was rather 'meh' at first. But I've been seeing more and more of this, and I'm rather looking forward for it. About time we get something good in the theatres! :p

X monkfish69 X
03-22-2010, 08:12 AM
Yeah, all of that is true. Piles of money will cause just about anyone to bastardize their works. Alan Moore being the main exception.

I'm still sticking with my initial assertion that Layer Cake sucked.

In what way did Layer Cake suck ? I thought it was an excellent film and one that I can watch again and again.

Also, @ Pants, I would have liked to see all those Wanted elements in the sequal. I mean who doesn't want to see a walking pile of excrement and old ladies getting shot in the head ? Not so keen on the rape thing, but if it's there it's there....

Anyway, back on topic - I'm looking forward to Kick Ass. It looks funny and I like comic violence :)

Jud3n
03-22-2010, 03:48 PM
me...im not spamming just answering the question

bapae
03-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Im not very excited TBH it looks stupid and not funny.

Tyly Mafiooso
03-28-2010, 09:07 AM
I love these comic book movies and this one goes by the name Kick Ass. So yes I'm excited.

padraiglovesyou
03-28-2010, 09:47 AM
It's fantastic! I seen it last night, everything I hoped it would've been & more. Everyone else I've talked to that has seen it loved it too. :)

k1lls1gn
03-31-2010, 04:03 AM
I think it looks wack...idk i will proabably end up watching it tho.

Mosizzle313
03-31-2010, 12:31 PM
I'm really not haha. I think this movie looks kinda lame and will be somewhat dissapointing. Let's see what happens.

Iconoclast
03-31-2010, 06:18 PM
Looks dumb. Saw a post above about Layer Cake <- that movie is epic. Period.

vx Ducky xv
03-31-2010, 11:52 PM
Well, I've got back from the cinema and thought it was excellent!!!

I wasn't too sure what to expect from the trailers, like most people I thought it might be quite lame but it wasn't!

The action scenes were awsome, the story was good and it had quite a lot of funny moments :D

Oh and the music was awsome too! :woop:

Volzagia
04-01-2010, 12:03 AM
It looks like an awesome film! Will definately see it.

DrCoffeeMD
04-03-2010, 09:42 PM
I will watch it just because i think it looks funny. Like when McLovin jumps and goes OWE THAT KINDA HURT...were super heros you love us. I like dumb goofy movies I can laugh at, its not suppose to really be an action movie. I mean dude Nick cage is dressed up as batman lol

Sergiocity
04-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Yeah I have to admit I am excited.

Purge
04-04-2010, 02:18 PM
I saw it last night, it's amazing. I accidentally wore a Che Gueverra shirt, it's purple and green and has Kick-Ass on it. I only realized a few hours ago lol..

Really great film. I think Big Daddy was made for Nicholas Cage, he's amazing.

Teh BeZ
04-04-2010, 02:25 PM
I seen on Thursday, OMG Soooo good! And is apparently very true to the graphic novel, which is always good I suppose.

FamilyGuyGary
04-07-2010, 08:45 PM
I've seen it TWICE in the cinema and it. Is. F****ng. AWESOME!

Easily my favourite film of all time. One part of the film towards the end is so tense it was hard to watch. The action was unbelievable, Nicholas Cage as Big Daddy doing his action sequence to the 28 Days Later music was amazing! This film was AWESOME!

USE THE KRYPTONITE!!!!!!!!!

I want to see it again, and again, and again. :P

Seriously, watch this film.