PDA

View Full Version : Demolition man suicides????

kovenant
03-14-2010, 03:51 PM
me and somebody were boosting demo kills last night and for some reason almost every time a house was taken down it would result in a suicide instead of a kill.

we had one guy in the building. sitting there not doing anything (not destroying a single wall himself) and one guy outside destroying all the walls with a grenade launcher untill it collapsed. we did this back and forth for a few games and out of like 10 buildings collapsed we only got 2 that counted as demo kills. wtf????
we even tried trading bullets to engage in combat before the house was taken down and that didnt help either. we tried rockets, grenades, tanks... etc... it always ended up in the person in the house getting a suicide!!!!!

im fine with boosting 20 kills but not if i have to boost 200 for it to count 20.

any help/insights would be appreciated.

also, please refrain from the usual "just do it legit" posts. ive been trying to do it legit. im just sick of blowing up 13 walls in a building and having a teamate on a different squad take out the last one while im reloading only to get tripple kills himself.

MajorBertolli
03-14-2010, 03:53 PM
I have been noticing this too. Its most likely a glitch since this also happens when someone roadkills you or hits you with the railgun on the Black Hawk

Lone Soldier x7
03-14-2010, 06:06 PM
F you kill the same person 4 times in a row. The game detects that u are boosting

kovenant
03-14-2010, 08:41 PM
F you kill the same person 4 times in a row. The game detects that u are boosting

this is inacurate. the first 4-5 tries we hadnt killed each other at all yet and it counted as suicides from the begining. only after half a dozen tries did it give us our first actual demolish kill and then went back to suicides for a while before the next demolish kill. this might be an answer if we had been playing normal and killing each other before deciding to try but thats not how it happened.

Psychojay6969
03-14-2010, 09:41 PM
the person inside has to be moving around or it will result in a suicide for him.

InsaneKane87
03-14-2010, 09:48 PM
the person inside has to be moving around or it will result in a suicide for him.

Not sure if thats true, I was taking a house down with my grenade launcher and 3 teammates were inside one ran out and the other two were just sitting there :P

sir_taugs
03-15-2010, 07:38 AM

Wow your dumb....

Seany Show
03-15-2010, 07:44 AM

Do you even think before you post? Or do you come up with the most retarded post ever...

Your statement is factually inaccurate. As I boosted et tu brute with one friend on a map and just knifed him 5times in a row and guess what they didn't count as suicides.

RadiantViper
03-15-2010, 10:21 AM
I had the same problem when I was boosting a few hours ago. I told him to move around and it still usually counted as suicides. Then 2 things happened and from then on they all counted as Destruction 2.0 kills: However it might have been pure luck, I dunno.

- I removed him from my friends list (sounds stupid but I did it just in case)
- A few more people joined the game and we managed to get kills while they were off attacking/defending crates (before it was just the 2 of us, sometimes a 3rd or 4th)

The removing from friends list sounds weird but it was right after I did that that they all started counting, so I dunno.

Septic
03-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Where do you check to see how many demolition kills you have?

MajorBertolli
03-15-2010, 03:23 PM
You can't, its not a tracked stat. Just count how many you have.

o D22 o
03-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Wow, do you know what a nemesis is? Its when you kill someone 5 times in a round without them killing you or you killing them.

Where did this blatantly nonfactual, retarded, idiotic stem of words originate? If this were the case, people who are good would be penalized. Good people can easily kill the same player over and over again.

iBlessing 09
03-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Wow, do you know what a nemesis is? Its when you kill someone 5 times in a round without them killing you or you killing them.

Where did this blatantly nonfactual, retarded, idiotic stem of words originate? If this were the case, people who are good would be penalized. Good people can easily kill the same player over and over again.

It must be wrong because I don't get penalized :)

big red marino
03-15-2010, 07:47 PM
It has to be glitchy...I know I have taken down three or four Helicopters with RPG's and no achievement. I have even recieved the points for damaging and destroying.

o D22 o
03-15-2010, 08:56 PM
It has to be glitchy...I know I have taken down three or four Helicopters with RPG's and no achievement. I have even recieved the points for damaging and destroying.
It has to be one of those stationary RPGS. The ones you walk up to and hit "b" to enter.

The Dark St0rm
03-15-2010, 09:03 PM
I was doing this the other day with a few of my friends and it was me and there were 3 of them on the other team and they were in the house, and with every house that I took down usually one of the 3 would count as a suicide. So I am not sure what needs to be done for all of them to count.

kovenant
03-15-2010, 11:20 PM
ok. i was boosting this again today and i think i have an answer.
yes its a little glitchy but i managed to get it to work today. basicly we pretended to want to get out of the house when it was coming down. runing circles around the botom level untill it came down on our heads worked every time.

MediumMelanin
03-16-2010, 01:16 AM
That's crazy! Could've it been some lag? (server wise...) maybe you ought to be all the way on top to get the kill count? Or when it says "let's get the fuck out, the whole place is falling apart!" it'll count?

guillermo316
03-16-2010, 02:05 AM
Detecs boosting.Lol tell that to Cod MW2 lolz

k3dami
03-16-2010, 04:31 AM
quick question- whenever i blow up a building sometimes my teammate is in it. it will say k3damind trikz demolished 2.0 (their gamertag) does this count.....

SatNiteEduardo
03-16-2010, 04:58 AM
I know the OP asked no one to say to do it legit but the problem he had with team mates did not happen with my last 10 or so kills. Why because there is a sure fire method.

1. Make sure you have the perks for Recon that give you 6xC4 and extra explosive power.

2. Enter any building with an attic (preferably 2 floors + attic).

3. Preferably with an assault guy on your squad willing to die for a good cause so he can provide you with more ammo (for motion mines).

4. Enter building...the building on the map from the demo with the fixed MG in it in the back corner works wonders.

5. C4 either outside or inside right at the bottom of the walls 1 on the MG wall, 1 on the wall opposite that one and 2 on the other 2 walls.

6. Go up to the attic.

7. occasionally drop motion mines and even if the objs are taken stay there.

I heard the MG going so had a peak down the ladder hole and saw an enemy on it. I blew the C4 and got 3 kills.

Any building with an attic works wonders. Watch the ladder hole and the minimap and if someone pokes their head up blow the C4.

EDIT: another legit method that is not guranteed but it fun is make liberal use of the mortar strike. After my 20th kill I very quickly got 5 more by mortar striking the obj building we were defending when I knew the obj was lost...I could not get there in time and all our guys had already died for the cause. So I dropped the mortar and got 3 kills and then the same thing netted 2 more on another map. Also on the desert map for rush for the second set of objs mortar any building. always good for a kill or 2 and always use the exp mk 2 perk.

SatNiteEduardo
03-16-2010, 05:02 AM
quick question- whenever i blow up a building sometimes my teammate is in it. it will say k3damind trikz demolished 2.0 (their gamertag) does this count.....

must be an enemy

McGoogles
03-16-2010, 05:06 AM

It does not count. Well, at least for me it doesn't.

Read this thread:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=214198