PDA

View Full Version : Rhobart Exp and Gold Exploit

entropyMaker
03-15-2010, 12:58 AM
A fair warning for the high and mighties who take the high ground -

THIS POST INVOLVES AN EXPLOIT, AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT PISS OFF

Now with that out of the way, I would like to share with some of you who may not be familiar with this particular exploit. Rhobart is the gentlemen who's house is in the middle of the swamp just up the hill from the bandit camp. Mr. Rhobart makes beer from weed and will pay you in gold and experience for all that you find. The good thing is for every ten weeds you give him, you get 70 gold and 50 exp. Nice!

Q: So how do I exploit this entropyMaker?

A: Simple! All you have to do is give Rhobart all your weed (in multiples of 10), exit the dialog screen, and then beat the living hell out him! When he is knocked out on the ground, collect your weed off his body, wait for him to get back up and ..... well you guessed it! Rinse and repeat as many times as you like.

A few tips - obviously the more weed you have, the faster you will get exp and gold. For example if you have 50 weeds you will earn 350 gold and 250 experience per K.O. So the more the better. Rolled weed reefer does not count, so please, only certified unmolested hydroponic need apply. PLEASE be sure to save your game plenty just in case you get over zealous and decide to run your blade through the poor bastard while he is down for the 10 count.

Good night and good luck
- entropyMaker

PenderPowguin
04-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Just curious, where is Rhobart and when can I access him?

IGzxManiiac
04-07-2010, 01:47 AM
You can access Rhobart from the start of the game, but you will need 10 weed at the least to be able to do this exploit. Once you enter the Don's camp if you go to the right hand side and follow the cliff side you will eventually find a hill going up to the right. Once at the top of the hill turn right again and you will see another swamp with a wooden mill hut, Rhobart should be walking around on the wooden decking out the front.

PenderPowguin
04-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Much thanks, I should've edited that I found it last night... I guess rather than asking I should've just went and looked.

Godstar
04-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Much thanks, I should've edited that I found it last night... I guess rather than asking I should've just went and looked.

The cool think is you find more and more weed as the game progresses so I'm doing about 10 stacks of 10 at the end of Chapter 3.

Also make sure to contiunously buy weed from Opel or whatever his name is that stands by Rhobert. He sells weed as well periodically.

Deathr0t
04-13-2010, 03:54 PM
Is Rhobart difficult to "knock down" below a certain level? When's a good time to start grinding on him? It seems best to follow what God is doing, but is level 7-8 too low? or acceptable? (I am an oldschool grinder, killing him for 10hours striaght to get lvl 50 won't be annoying to me)

IGzxManiiac
04-13-2010, 08:26 PM
You can knock him down at any level with ease, I was level 4 on my most recent playthrough when I started knocking him down, and he only took about 6-10 hits maybe less cant quite remember, but he definately isn't hard. I would still hold out on doing it though unless you're desperate, cos i waited until i had at least 50 weed so I was actually getting something from him because any less and you'll take an eternity. However it is very helpful at the start of the game to make some money.

KindredPOKER
04-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Anyone know some good locations for Weed? I've got about 29, searched the whole swamp and camp for them more or less.

PenderPowguin
04-14-2010, 08:42 PM
I know a guy here in Saint Louis... er um I mean by camp you mean the Bandit camp? If not, look there...also when I was doing the Vassal ring quest from CH1 I found numerous weeds due to the fact that alot of the skeleton keeps are by bodies of water. That's the key of course, they tend to grow near water.

IGzxManiiac
04-15-2010, 11:56 PM
You can find weed anywhere were there is water. Some locations off the top of my head are; The Don's camp swamp, Rhobarts swamp, Rhobarts helper he sells some (Restocks every chapter), Eastern Temple Swamp, Little swamp under the Monastery, Swamp underneath the little farm with the mage Henson, Next to all of the ocean fronts. That is about all of them I think, but theres probably loads more locations, but that should definately net you a good 50-70

Alousolu
04-18-2010, 06:27 AM
To add in there if your pickpocketing is high enough:locked you can can pickpocket him once and get your weed back too and save the poor man one beat down.

Thrizzle
05-02-2010, 07:58 PM
What a sweet exploit.

Megis Eldurin
10-06-2010, 02:34 AM
Pretty sweet.

I was wondering one thing though, kinda spoilerish...
But here goes, once you 'save Sara from the wilderness' and she moves up there later in the game, does she in any way intervene when you're giving the old guy a beating?

[EDIT] Never mind, I just checked and the only thing she did was look up for a second before she continued cleaning, guess she doesn't really care about the poor sod.