PDA

View Full Version : Hitting...

Blitzer88
03-15-2010, 01:37 AM
Am I the only one having trouble hitting consistently? I mean I try to do a power swing on a meat pitch and it turns out to be a little dribbler, and when ever I finally make solid contact it goes right to someone. Even on contact swings things just don/t seem right. I guess I just suck at hitting this year, but man the hitting is soooo frustrating this year.

SilverSluggerMZ
03-15-2010, 01:56 AM
Am I the only one having trouble hitting consistently? I mean I try to do a power swing on a meat pitch and it turns out to be a little dribbler, and when ever I finally make solid contact it goes right to someone. Even on contact swings things just don/t seem right. I guess I just suck at hitting this year, but man the hitting is soooo frustrating this year.

There are other threads with this topic. I wouldn't swing for power too much. Even if you make solid contact on a contact swing, you can hit the ball out. It's about pitch selection. Work the count in your favor and you will get a fat one to hit out.

DarkManX
03-15-2010, 02:54 AM
I was in the same position as you were just takes time and you'll get it down.

BladeMDP
03-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Yeah it does take time - if you're playing in My Player, get that batting eye rating up as soon as you can so you can get an idea of where pitching is going/what type of pitch. Key is to showing patience, taking pitches till you get that inevitable meat pitch.

If you are playing in Franchise, here's what I did b4 I started Franchise. I picked two teams that I would play exclusively against in franchise mode (in my case, Nats and Cubs). Edit ALL pitchers to have horrible ratings and to have just 2 pitches, fastball and another form of fastball (cut, 2-seam, etc.). Lower movement to 25 and put pitch speed at 85 mph (obviously for both pitches). That way you're going to be getting the same type/same speed on basically every pitch.

http://card.mygamercard.net/geothermal/bladeMDP.png (http://profile.mygamercard.net/bladeMDP)

litepink
03-15-2010, 09:56 PM
Sounds cliche but practice makes perfect. When I first started, I couldn't get any hits. Then I could only get singles so it was station to station. Then I added homeruns to the mix, and I was at the either HR or single phase for awhile. Now, I actually find myself hitting doubles, even managed a triple.

So, it's not just you.

SilverSluggerMZ
03-16-2010, 03:59 AM
Sounds cliche but practice makes perfect. When I first started, I couldn't get any hits. Then I could only get singles so it was station to station. Then I added homeruns to the mix, and I was at the either HR or single phase for awhile. Now, I actually find myself hitting doubles, even managed a triple.

So, it's not just you.

What she said.

Blunts4Breakfas
03-17-2010, 07:44 AM
Yea i would alwasy take the 1st pitch...then if 1st pitch is a ball

force the pitcher to throw you a strike...

If 2nd pitch is a ball , do the same and wait for a strike

let say he throws you 2 straight balls...dont swing n 3rd pitch assuming itll be a strike... Take the pitch make it a 2-1 count... Like mz said further the at bat goes...better pitches to hit u get....so swining on the 1st pitch is not as smart as waiting till as long as u have 2....dont swing thats my advice...haha wait for your pitch...if u like hittin fastballs sit on fastball and evtually youll get one....

Also timing your swing is important...swinging early and late has pros and cons to doing both...

And only power swing if you have a great power hitter and you have a good situation

if your up by 5 then you can risk trying a bomb with pujols...

But it seems when people get down 2...they start power swinging everyone when they should play fundamental baseball move runners over, get em in...

Thats secret to winnign for me...playing situational hitting..