PDA

View Full Version : New Achievements?

Barad
03-15-2010, 10:33 AM
I heard there are gonna be 4 new online achievements coming in with one of the upcoming class upgrades dlc, on the 18th march i think? anyone know what the achievements are gonna be? - I betta buy meself some ms points!

David x360a
03-15-2010, 01:23 PM
One for each class, that's for sure. Maybe getting X kills or something, but I hope it will be more creative than that :)

Soulflyy
03-15-2010, 01:42 PM
man oh man i can't wait!!!

LaCara Cicatriz
03-15-2010, 01:55 PM
God I love EA all of a sudden. Usually I hate them, especially their NBA Live games. The 2K ones are better. At any rate whether its Dev's, DICE or EA who ever deserves the credit for putting out Achievement earning DLC in a game within 2.5 weeks of the game coming out needs to be rewarded with my $5-10

The ZombieDeath
03-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Love this game can't wait!

MajorBertolli
03-15-2010, 04:08 PM
I hope the upgrades though arent 800 M$ points each, Its just for a new uniform and a camo for a gun so it can't be that expensive.

iBlessing 09
03-15-2010, 04:10 PM
Is this free if you have VIP or is that just the upcoming maps?

MajorBertolli
03-15-2010, 04:11 PM
The maps are the only free thing you get for VIP, unless EA wants to be nice and gives it to the VIPs for free.

iBlessing 09
03-15-2010, 04:13 PM
The maps are the only free thing you get for VIP, unless EA wants to be nice and gives it to the VIPs for free.
If they do they will expect more purchases from me ;)

Do you know the price of the DLC?

WonderCaliban
03-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Do you know the price of the DLC?

Free if you use the Dr Pepper promotional codes.

Don't know how they'll do it outside the US though. Can't really make achievments avaliable in specific regions.

iBlessing 09
03-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Free if you use the Dr Pepper promotional codes.

Don't know how they'll do it outside the US though. Can't really make achievments avaliable in specific regions.

Ok, thanks anyways, grr UK sucks :(

MajorBertolli
03-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Where may I find these codes lol

WonderCaliban
03-15-2010, 04:29 PM
Ok, thanks anyways, grr UK sucks :(

Don't worry, you can always make an account on the Dr Pepper website and register the codes. There are only four and they're all the same.

There'll be a thread on here somewhere.

General Boredom
03-15-2010, 04:34 PM
On the bottlecaps of 20 oz. Dr. Pepper.

Mikey1610
03-15-2010, 04:42 PM
On the bottlecaps of 20 oz. Dr. Pepper.

Lol @ that picture in your gamercard. I have to ask who it is seeing as though so many people have it?

hobobicus
03-15-2010, 04:46 PM
his picture is the AVGN (angry video game nerd) if you go on gametrailers.com and go to the screw attack section all his video's are on there. he reviews old games

Hot Juicy Pie
03-15-2010, 06:15 PM
"Achievement Unlocked: Buy 1/4 DLC!"

Hitman H94
03-15-2010, 06:44 PM
Love this game can't wait!
i used to....
starting to h8 it nw wid all the recons camping
bt if the dlc does get achievements more reason to get it

iBlessing 09
03-15-2010, 06:50 PM
@ Hitman H94, there seems to be lots of campers generally now, sigh, why can't the real players that buy it at release be in games together.

MajorBertolli
03-15-2010, 06:52 PM
Ever since MW2 all the FPS games lately have been giant camp parties.
Why have the good players been forsaken! Why!!

Hitman H94
03-15-2010, 06:53 PM
@ Hitman H94, there seems to be lots of campers generally now, sigh, why can't the real players that buy it at release be in games together.
EA hve to make our lives harder dnt they the sad thong is wen the snipes piss me off well lets just say if u cant beat them join them.....

Barad
03-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Yhh well all i know is no matter how much this costs Im defo buying the dlcs. itching to find out the cheevos and the price!

Also do all 4 achievements come in one download or do you actually have to buy 4 separate dlcs? wont that be a bit expensive?

Runic Aries
03-15-2010, 08:11 PM
I'm going to predict something like "get a __ kill streak while camouflaged"

Barad
03-15-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm going to predict something like "get a __ kill streak while camouflaged"

lol yhh that would be pretty interesting..

The Dark St0rm
03-15-2010, 09:12 PM
I think there will be a good chance that the content will be free but I will be willing to buy if it is not too much.

WonderCaliban
03-15-2010, 09:59 PM
We'll it may already be on the disc. Everyone's got to have it if we're all in the same multiplayer match. Just some will access it and others can't.

I suspect the download is actually just the unlock key.

operation remie
03-15-2010, 11:16 PM
i do hope there are new achievements :D

MediumMelanin
03-16-2010, 01:00 AM
Well, they mentioned something about an achievement in the Dr. Pepper promotion...

Chuppernicus
03-16-2010, 01:25 AM
Check the Bad Company 2 store.

Click on the DLC for the 18th. The description says each DLC pack brings one new achievement, a gun and a new camo skin, also says they are tied to/part of the DR. Pepper promotion that so many are asking about. If you click on the DLC bundle, it too goes into a bit of detail, talking about 12 new awards and the 4 achievements. One per class and 3 awards per class? You can "win" them with a code from Dr. Pepper. 4 codes for 4 class DLC's? That's less than 5 bills.

No word on what the achievements are but it looks like we are getting 4 of them. This might be the paid content the devs were are talking about right before launch that so many were crying about.

Even though the Dr. Pepper DLC is listed as Exclusive:(Shout out to my Lawyer buddy!!!!:), we should be able to buy them, or just get your wife to drink some Diet Dr. Pepper for you. Another guy posted an email response from Dr. Pepper saying that you can actually unlock the codes on the 19th, so thursday or friday.

Copyright
03-16-2010, 02:42 AM
One for each class, that's for sure. Maybe getting X kills or something, but I hope it will be more creative than that :)
There's camo for 4 weapons too, 3 specific to different classes, 1 can be used with all. My guess it will be something like a gold star for each of the weapons.
I'm betting on something lame so I can be excited if it's not lame, and not let down if it is.

Even though the Dr. Pepper DLC is listed as Exclusive:(Shout out to my Lawyer buddy!!!!:), we should be able to buy them, or just get your wife to drink some Diet Dr. Pepper for you. Another guy posted an email response from Dr. Pepper saying that you can actually unlock the codes on the 19th, so thursday or friday.
You don't actually have to drink it... I like it though so I'm good.

Yeah, I emailed them on the 8th when it didn't get put up. Took them several days, but they emailed me back saying the 19th.
Since it releases on the 18th on LIVE, I'm hoping the support email I got was wrong, and we can get them on the 18th.
I'm gonna try on the 18th and see what happens.

SubG3nius
03-16-2010, 06:38 AM
Say what?

So only people in the US and people with the Dr.Pepper code can get this DLC and achivements, or what?

That would blow.

The ZombieDeath
03-16-2010, 06:50 AM
Everybody can get the DLC!

ilessthan3u
03-16-2010, 11:37 AM
im not spending more than 500 ms on them

Barad
03-16-2010, 11:46 AM
I'm willing to spend up to 1200 ms points on the DLC :) but thats if i get all 4 achievememts with it!

The ZombieDeath
03-16-2010, 03:00 PM
I'm willing to pay whatever it costs because I love this game.

bigbubba
03-16-2010, 05:20 PM
i dunno if this is true but someone told me that the 4 achievements are going to be for every class unlock every weapon. 1 for each class anyone else heard this?

Hot Juicy Pie
03-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Everybody can get the DLC! So you claim, I'm still saving my stacks of Dr. Pepper codes just in case.

Alcagoita
03-16-2010, 05:31 PM
I believe this DLC is like the Fight Night Pepsi code...After a month it will be free for all, and exclusive for the Dr. Pepers in that time...

Copyright
03-16-2010, 05:40 PM
i dunno if this is true but someone told me that the 4 achievements are going to be for every class unlock every weapon. 1 for each class anyone else heard this?
I'm not typing them all out, since everyone is capable of looking at the descriptions in the store, but:

Assault Upgrade:
"The pack also includes 3 new awards and one Achievement."
Look at the end of the second paragraph when you bring up the detailed info.

Actually, it says this on all 4, so it is one achievement per class.

I was wrong in my last post, I thought one of the things was for the G3, it's the MG3.

As for what the achievements are exactly... my guess is gold star with each of the final weapons, which sucks. I don't really like any of them. They ruined the UMP, I've never liked the MG3, never been a fan of the M16, and I don't like sniping, I only do it on the island map.

Hot Juicy Pie
03-16-2010, 05:43 PM
Honestly I'm hoping for something a little more challenging. This game was entirely too easy to 1000 compared to its predecessor.

Copyright
03-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Honestly I'm hoping for something a little more challenging. This game was entirely too easy to 1000 compared to its predecessor.
That is true, and I'd agree with you, but with the horrendous servers I'm happy it was easier this time. I just don't have the patience to deal with EA/DICE's garbage anymore. Three strikes and they're out for me (BFBC, 1943, BFBC2).
It's a shame, such great potential, ruined by greed (refusal to put up enough servers) and arrogance (DICE has proven time and time again they are not capable of writing properly working net/server code, yet they wont hire someone that is capable).

a blind beggar
03-16-2010, 06:20 PM
what happens if you have the gold star on them weapons already? i doubt DICE are smart enough to make the achievements retroactive,they can't even fix the bf1943 veteran status :P...so i doubt it'll be that,maybe just 10 kills each or some shit like that

Barad
03-16-2010, 07:06 PM
I believe this DLC is like the Fight Night Pepsi code...After a month it will be free for all, and exclusive for the Dr. Pepers in that time...

..and also just like the extraction mode on army of 2 tfd, hopefully your right man..

Copyright
03-16-2010, 07:13 PM
what happens if you have the gold star on them weapons already? i doubt DICE are smart enough to make the achievements retroactive,they can't even fix the bf1943 veteran status :P...so i doubt it'll be that,maybe just 10 kills each or some shit like that
The gold star is just a guess on my part, a lame one at that. I'm hoping if I don't set my expectations too high, I wont be let down and may be surprised.

IF this is what the achievements ended up being, I'm sure DICE would botch making the achievement retro. I just unlocked these weapons yesterday and today, I'm not using them at all until I know what the achievements are.
The way DICE is, if my lame guess is right, and you already have a gold star, your achievement will glitch and never unlock. I'm not taking any chances.

Isn't it amazing how long DICE has been doing this, EA too, and they still can't get things right? How hard is it to make a properly working website? Bungie, Epic, and I'm sure many others have been able to do it, why can't DICE? The only reason I can think of is they just don't care.

If you couldn't tell, I'm a little fed up with DICE and their garbage servers.

Hot Juicy Pie
03-16-2010, 07:18 PM
Considering that there is 1 empty gun slot on each class weapon list, I'm thinking camo versions of the gun will count as a separate gun all together...

Copyright
03-16-2010, 07:21 PM
Considering that there is 1 empty gun slot on each class weapon list, I'm thinking camo versions of the gun will count as a separate gun all together...
Very good point, I didn't even think of that.
The way the ad on the in-game store is worded makes this sound even more credible.
It says something like "a personalized <insert weapon name here> for you".

acidbrn
03-16-2010, 07:51 PM
Ya it sucks now that all the campers from Modern 2 have realized what a great game this they've come to ruin Bad Company.

Barad
03-16-2010, 08:05 PM
Ok enough about the campers i don't want this thread too be locked aswell :p

so any guesses on the new achievements coming up? under 2 days left and no new?! come on EA!

Wolffes
03-16-2010, 08:45 PM
it would be fun to get new ach already I have got it a week I got almost all ach I miss demolishen man for new ach is always fun to get

Judivarious
03-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Let's hope the new achievements are actually fun, unlike some of these garbage achievements.

Collapsing a building on 20 enemies is not fun, it's stupid. Now if it were with Red Faction: Guerilla's destruction system, then it would be fun.

big red marino
03-16-2010, 09:56 PM
Yes you can see that there is space for 4 new main weapons (one for each class). The DLC comes with 12 new awards. However, there is space for 16 pins, a ton of insignias and plenty of space for more attachments (BF version of perks). I am excited to see what they are adding.

Barad
03-16-2010, 10:23 PM
I just hope their not stupidly hard like 20 demo kills, man that was torture!

guillermo316
03-16-2010, 10:25 PM
hope they are easy to get. and i hope its get a sniper kill from one side of the map to the another

Barad
03-16-2010, 10:26 PM
hope they are easy to get. and i hope its get a sniper kill from one side of the map to the another

Is that possible? lol

Runic Aries
03-16-2010, 10:30 PM
I'm not typing them all out, since everyone is capable of looking at the descriptions in the store, but:

Assault Upgrade:
"The pack also includes 3 new awards and one Achievement."
Look at the end of the second paragraph when you bring up the detailed info.

Actually, it says this on all 4, so it is one achievement per class.

I was wrong in my last post, I thought one of the things was for the G3, it's the MG3.

As for what the achievements are exactly... my guess is gold star with each of the final weapons, which sucks. I don't really like any of them. They ruined the UMP, I've never liked the MG3, never been a fan of the M16, and I don't like sniping, I only do it on the island map.

I have to admit I dont really like the last unlocks either, but I have yet to get the UMP and MG3.
The M16 is meh, it doesnt feel as strong as the one before it, and the M95 take to long to load the next shot, its not worth it if I'm only going for headshots.

guillermo316
03-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Is that possible? lol

nope that why i wrote that i hope its easy.

Hot Juicy Pie
03-17-2010, 01:31 AM
nope that why i wrote that i hope its easy. Depending on the map, it is possible

Frangster NL
03-17-2010, 09:52 AM
I REALLY hope that we in The Netherlands will be able to get this DLC pack. It would be stupid to release achievements exclusively to a US promotion pack. If it is only released in the US, why do I see the announcement for this pack in our store?

TaytaMalikai
03-17-2010, 09:59 AM
Pretty sure the actual DLC is available for all countries, it's just the Dr. Pepper promotion that is US-exclusive, and that can be bypassed easily.

Mikey1610
03-17-2010, 11:19 AM
I REALLY hope that we in The Netherlands will be able to get this DLC pack. It would be stupid to release achievements exclusively to a US promotion pack. If it is only released in the US, why do I see the announcement for this pack in our store?

Microsoft would never allow achievements to be only available in one country.

Barad
03-17-2010, 01:05 PM
nope that why i wrote that i hope its easy.

Oh lol fair enough

Depending on the map, it is possible

Whats the smallest map in the game do you reckon? I think Nelson Bay.

AngelArmed
03-17-2010, 01:26 PM

I've had enough irritating achievements from this game. I'm hoping for, "Kill 5 Enemies With X Gun." :p

Barad
03-17-2010, 01:31 PM
I've had enough irritating achievements from this game. I'm hoping for, "Kill 5 Enemies With X Gun." :p

Or even 5 minutes played with 1 gun? :p joke lmao

Jordbrett
03-17-2010, 01:34 PM
Or even 5 minutes played with 1 gun? :p joke lmao
how about, drank dr pepper and redeemed code. 25gs and just have that 4x once with each kit. I'd be happy but man grinding all that dr pepper is not gonna be easy. :drunk

Hot Juicy Pie
03-17-2010, 01:49 PM
Oh lol fair enough

Whats the smallest map in the game do you reckon? I think Nelson Bay.

Doesnt even have to be a small map, just needs a clear line of sight

Barad
03-17-2010, 01:51 PM
how about, drank dr pepper and redeemed code. 25gs and just have that 4x once with each kit. I'd be happy but man grinding all that dr pepper is not gonna be easy. :drunk

Lmao that sound good aswell!

Doesnt even have to be a small map, just needs a clear line of sight

Ahh fair enough, i wonder if all snipers can kill someone from the other side of a map.

Hot Juicy Pie
03-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Lmao that sound good aswell!

Ahh fair enough, i wonder if all snipers can kill someone from the other side of a map. Semi auto ones will have a harder time, but all the bolt actions are still one hit kills, you just gotta aim higher with certain ones because they have different bullet drop patterns.

Barad
03-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Semi auto ones will have a harder time, but all the bolt actions are still one hit kills, you just gotta aim higher with certain ones because they have different bullet drop patterns.

Nice man thanks for the tip.

Copyright
03-17-2010, 04:19 PM
If you use a sight that has nubs or lines, on the cross-hair lines, it makes things much easier, you can line those up with the enemy for a reference.
When you shoot at one with a bolt action, stay scoped in until you see where the bullet lands. This will also give you an idea of how far above the person to aim.
I got one the other day from the Attacker's spawn on Arica Harbor all the way to the guard tower in the back of the back of the Defender's first base. Had to aim insanely high, but got a 384 point Marksmen Headshot Bonus.
That distance is probably close to the entire length of Nelson Bay, maybe not quite as far, but close.

Barad
03-17-2010, 04:32 PM
If you use a sight that has nubs or lines, on the cross-hair lines, it makes things much easier, you can line those up with the enemy for a reference.
When you shoot at one with a bolt action, stay scoped in until you see where the bullet lands. This will also give you an idea of how far above the person to aim.
I got one the other day from the Attacker's spawn on Arica Harbor all the way to the guard tower in the back of the back of the Defender's first base. Had to aim insanely high, but got a 384 point Marksmen Headshot Bonus.
That distance is probably close to the entire length of Nelson Bay, maybe not quite as far, but close.

Ohrite kl thanks man.

operation remie
03-17-2010, 05:09 PM

this makes me so not excited to do recon haha i suck with snipers as it is.

technopig
03-17-2010, 07:05 PM
my guess would be that the new achievements will be linked to the new awards that come with the dlc as well. i think it said something like 3 new awards per pack, so maybe get each of the three once for each achievement?

AlecArticuno
03-17-2010, 07:11 PM

not that i use recon. but what else is a SNIPER going to do? run in gunning with a bolt action sniper? no..... its what snipers do, you really cant complain about it, there is a kill cam so if they consistently kill you the point is that YOU change your class and find the best way to dispose of them. simple.

WeemanNewYork
03-17-2010, 07:36 PM
When will release new achievement? Do we have to wait till tmw?
I'm wonder what achievement will be.

Barad
03-17-2010, 07:43 PM
Im surprised they didnt let go of the achievements till now, looks like they'll give it to us all tomorrow, cant wait!

Copyright
03-17-2010, 07:48 PM
Im surprised they didnt let go of the achievements till now, looks like they'll give it to us all tomorrow, cant wait!
I'm also surprised. Isn't everything added to the marketplace on Wednesday? That obviously doesn't mean it has to be released on Wednesday, but I thought they only did one update a week for content.
As I said, they wouldn't have to release the content, but the achievements, I thought, would have been added to the list, just not obtainable yet. Them not being added today make me worry about them. Many times DLC achievements have gotten screwed up because MS doesn't update them/activate them/whatever they do to them on time. Then if you unlock one, it wont add to your GS and you'll have to recover your profile and unlock it again, when MS fixes the problem.
This better not happen with these achievements, but I have a feeling it just might.

Barad
03-17-2010, 09:27 PM
I'm also surprised. Isn't everything added to the marketplace on Wednesday? That obviously doesn't mean it has to be released on Wednesday, but I thought they only did one update a week for content.
As I said, they wouldn't have to release the content, but the achievements, I thought, would have been added to the list, just not obtainable yet. Them not being added today make me worry about them. Many times DLC achievements have gotten screwed up because MS doesn't update them/activate them/whatever they do to them on time. Then if you unlock one, it wont add to your GS and you'll have to recover your profile and unlock it again, when MS fixes the problem.
This better not happen with these achievements, but I have a feeling it just might.

I worry aswell mate :/ and EA is involved aswell so you know, i just hope all goes well tomorrow.

The Dark St0rm
03-18-2010, 01:53 AM
I am a little confused about the dr. pepper part. So if you have Dr. pepper codes will it be free, does anyone know? Thanks

daninthemix
03-18-2010, 01:59 AM
If you go to the in-game store there's no longer a date for these packs, so I doubt they're still coming on the 18th.

bigbubba
03-18-2010, 02:35 AM
so no one at all know what the achievements will be?!?

MajorBertolli
03-18-2010, 02:54 AM
If you go to the in-game store there's no longer a date for these packs, so I doubt they're still coming on the 18th.
They are still coming tommorow, I could understand if this was a map pack and they would change the release date but for a new uniform and some camos, ehh I wouldn't say its very likely.

SnowyElephant
03-18-2010, 03:01 AM
not that i use recon. but what else is a SNIPER going to do? run in gunning with a bolt action sniper? no..... its what snipers do, you really cant complain about it, there is a kill cam so if they consistently kill you the point is that YOU change your class and find the best way to dispose of them. simple.

Wrong. They are not Snipers, they are using the RECON Class. They might use shotguns or the M14, so they can have C4. Or they might just run and use their pistol close range. (: But yeah, if they do snipe just change your class and go kill them. I snipe on 3 maps, that's all.

SatNiteEduardo
03-18-2010, 03:35 AM
Wrong. They are not Snipers, they are using the RECON Class. They might use shotguns or the M14, so they can have C4. Or they might just run and use their pistol close range. (: But yeah, if they do snipe just change your class and go kill them. I snipe on 3 maps, that's all.

There is a youtube video called how not to be a noob at BFBC2 and it says they are recon class not snipers. When I was levelling up Recon class my main weapons of choice were the 870, Thompson, mortar and not a weapon but the motion mine.

Yes on some maps snipers are useful provided they are not just boosting their K/D ratio but either defending the crates or defending a set charge. But it is so frustrating when defending and a charge is set that all the snipers (often 8) stay on the sniping tower sniping at the attacking spawn and you have 4 assault guys on the ground dealing with the 11 enemies that got through the sniper defence.

Barad
03-18-2010, 08:20 AM
Sooo where are they??

KostinKid
03-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Sooo where are they??

I was wondering the same thing. :confused:

WeemanNewYork
03-18-2010, 12:30 PM
I just woke up. I don't new see new achievement out yet. WTF

Barad
03-18-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm pissed now. :mad:

iKiddo
03-18-2010, 01:11 PM
oh no its the end of the world!

Jordbrett
03-18-2010, 01:28 PM
oh no its the end of the world!
Really??? Cause you weren't here to see what they were? It's not like we all haven't checked this thread for news!

Shermo1984
03-18-2010, 01:50 PM
SO basically if your in the UK or anywhere else if you dont manage to get a code your screwed no 100% even though it took me a solid 2 days going round blowing up walls to get the last 15g. Last Ea game i ever buy if this is the case.

Shelder
03-18-2010, 01:58 PM
SO basically if your in the UK or anywhere else if you dont manage to get a code your screwed no 100% even though it took me a solid 2 days going round blowing up walls to get the last 15g. Last Ea game i ever buy if this is the case.

You can buy the DLC.

Hot Juicy Pie
03-18-2010, 01:59 PM
You can buy the DLC. Prove it, I'll be waiting

ShotgunGorilla
03-18-2010, 02:04 PM
where the fuck is tthis dlc?

Shelder
03-18-2010, 02:07 PM
Prove it, I'll be waiting

Just visit the in-game store. :o

Hot Juicy Pie
03-18-2010, 02:10 PM
Just visit the in-game store. :o Ya that doesn't mean that they will be purchasable. Nowhere on there does it say it will be. The same thing was with the Mass Effect 2 Dr. Pepper DLC. It was listed, but you could only get it with the codes. Is that the only "proof" you have?

D Sylar
03-18-2010, 02:20 PM
Ya that doesn't mean that they will be purchasable. Nowhere on there does it say it will be. The same thing was with the Mass Effect 2 Dr. Pepper DLC. It was listed, but you could only get it with the codes. Is that the only "proof" you have?

The Mass Effect 2 Dr. Pepper DLC didn't come with achievements.

Hot Juicy Pie
03-18-2010, 02:26 PM
The Mass Effect 2 Dr. Pepper DLC didn't come with achievements. You act like this is the first time something like this has happened. Remember originally FAble 2 couldn't be 1000d if you didn't own pub games?

D Sylar
03-18-2010, 02:31 PM
You act like this is the first time something like this has happened. Remember originally FAble 2 couldn't be 1000d if you didn't own pub games?

But Pub games didn't have limited availability.
The DP promo is US ONLY and M$ wouldn't make as much money (If any) with just the promo.

Shelder
03-18-2010, 02:39 PM
And the DP promo only gives you individually access to each pack. What about the "mega pack", with the 4 achievements, listed in the store ?

No doubt that we'll be able to buy this DLC.

SubG3nius
03-18-2010, 02:47 PM
So this DLC that was said to come out today (March 18) aren't going to have achivements? It's the "Mega pack" that will?

Hot Juicy Pie
03-18-2010, 02:48 PM
And the DP promo only gives you individually access to each pack. What about the "mega pack", with the 4 achievements, listed in the store ?

No doubt that we'll be able to buy this DLC. Until the stuff comes out we won't know. Also, the big pack is also tagged with DR.P promo

Copyright
03-18-2010, 03:36 PM
I worry aswell mate :/ and EA is involved aswell so you know, i just hope all goes well tomorrow.
I guess our worries were not paranoia.
EA/DICE have said nothing about the delay, not on their blog, forum, or twitter. This is not how you run a company, you must at least communicate when there's problems. Knowing DICE though, they'll lie through their teeth about it, saying they never said the 18th and neither did the store.

There are many examples of DICE flat out lying, that's DICE, not EA, but DICE, flat out laying about problems and game features, this will just be another one to add to the list, if they take their normal course of action.

Filter x360a
03-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Yeah, I just checked the marketplace and nothing. With the whole "DP Promo" thing, I kinda have a bad feeling about this, especially since it's listed on the mega pack. Boo.

Wow, so there's no release date on the item in the store now. Lame!

The ZombieDeath
03-18-2010, 04:02 PM
This is all bullspit!

Cause.
03-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Rawrrrrrrrr!!! This bullspit! haha, where is my fracken dlc ea? O_o

Jordbrett
03-18-2010, 04:14 PM
what do you want to bet COD map pack (insanely over priced) comes out on time but EA's doesn't?

The ZombieDeath
03-18-2010, 04:18 PM
what do you want to bet COD map pack (insanely over priced) comes out on time but EA's doesn't?
Hahahahahaha that's a good one I'm going to say yea

Ardenfast X360A
03-18-2010, 04:33 PM
So have I got this right it IS(was) due out today and not tomorrow, but for some reason is delayed. I may be wrong but Im pretty sure it would come out on a Fri.

Copyright
03-18-2010, 04:45 PM
GordonVanDyke (http://twitter.com/GordonVanDyke)
I just got up to 44 662 in #DoodleJump (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23DoodleJump)!!! Beat that! http://itunes.com/app/DoodleJump
18 minutes ago (http://twitter.com/GordonVanDyke/status/10678529275) via API (http://apiwiki.twitter.com/)

This is what GvD is doing, rather than making an announcement about the delay.

bigbubba
03-18-2010, 04:54 PM
ok well on the in game store at the main menu how come it says 03/30/2010??!?!?

Ardenfast X360A
03-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Big B thats when the new maps are due out we're on about the stuff listed above with no date. The SPECTACT stuff.

Filter x360a
03-18-2010, 04:58 PM
ok well on the in game store at the main menu how come it says 03/30/2010??!?!?

That's the map pack bundle. There is still no date *new* date attached to the Upgrade bundle.

littlejay
03-18-2010, 04:58 PM
maybe it was a placeholder date? they have not officially announced the dlc so it cant be delayed.

bigbubba
03-18-2010, 05:07 PM
i dont wanna sound dumb but which dlc comes with the achievements? i thought the map pack did?

IncensedCape
03-18-2010, 05:22 PM
Big B thats when the new maps are due out we're on about the stuff listed above with no date. The SPECTACT stuff.

It irritates me when people say that there's a 'new map pack' coming out for this game. It's not a map pack - they're just adding existing gamemodes to existing maps...

Ardenfast X360A
03-18-2010, 05:30 PM
I do apologise oh masterful lord , so sorry for upsetting you, can you find it in your heart to forgive my ignorance for I am just a humble village idiot.

IncensedCape
03-18-2010, 05:51 PM
I'll think about it...

:)

xII Ben IIx
03-18-2010, 06:03 PM
It irritates me when people say that there's a 'new map pack' coming out for this game. It's not a map pack - they're just adding existing gamemodes to existing maps...

Well.. they are new maps. I doubt that Laguna Presa will look much similar in Rush if you think of how the game mode is set out. Either that or it will have as many bases as Nelson Bay spread over the exact same conquest version.

Either way, it is an arguable point which quite frankly.. isn't the biggest thing here. :)

I wanna know what the 12 new awards are going to be more then the achievements. :D

Copyright
03-18-2010, 06:11 PM
http://twitter.com/OfficialBFBC2/status/10682091919

They finally acknowledged the delay, the delay littlejay says doesn't exist...

EDIT: Who wants to bet this wont release until, AT LEAST, the 30th, when the "new" maps are supposed to release?

bigbubba
03-18-2010, 06:12 PM
I do apologise oh masterful lord , so sorry for upsetting you, can you find it in your heart to forgive my ignorance for I am just a humble village idiot.

lol its cool ardenfast i think it is considered a new map pack cuz there NEW maps ahah

Yourburntstar
03-18-2010, 06:28 PM
everything i've seen about this DLC has said..

for the maps - 3-18-10 but just recently changed to 3-30-10 "I'm not sure why they changed it.."

for the other DLC as in "The camo's/4 achievements" when i first got the game, i noticed on the store thingy it said 4-1-10 but now if you look at it, it doesnt even have a date on it.. so They obviously can change it "on the fly i guess you could say" and therefore leaving us happy customers out in the dark once again.

but yeah i guess we can only keep checking back and hoping someone hears something..

Gamertag -McPrescot Bobby

Relevart
03-18-2010, 06:55 PM
From Official Twitter:

Today's DLC on the in game store has had a last minute delay, we are working with our partners to have this released in the near future.

Barad
03-18-2010, 06:57 PM
WOW EA are gay first their servers now their delay on DLC? i bet this will never come out..

AlecArticuno
03-18-2010, 07:01 PM
does this coincide with MW2s dlc?

ohhhh bad company you sneaky bastards...:)

Barad
03-18-2010, 07:02 PM
If so Im not even gonna buy this and ill just get MW2 map pack for the fuck of it. :p

littlejay
03-18-2010, 07:09 PM
lots of dlc gets delays. why does it have to directly be EAs fault? could be DICE, could be Microsoft! you know the servers had loads 4 times the peak load of any other battlefield game? they have had a lot to do so you can enjoy the game with few problems.

if they didn't care, you would still have problems with servers and other things.
a delay does not mean weeks of waiting.

the maps were changed from 4-1-10 to 3-30-10. nobody ever said maps come out on the 18th.

xII Ben IIx
03-18-2010, 07:14 PM
everything i've seen about this DLC has said..

for the maps - 3-18-10 but just recently changed to 3-30-10 "I'm not sure why they changed it.."

for the other DLC as in "The camo's/4 achievements" when i first got the game, i noticed on the store thingy it said 4-1-10 but now if you look at it, it doesnt even have a date on it.. so They obviously can change it "on the fly i guess you could say" and therefore leaving us happy customers out in the dark once again.

but yeah i guess we can only keep checking back and hoping someone hears something..

Gamertag -McPrescot Bobby

Incorrect. The SPECACT kit was to be released today but is now blank ( much like it's future ) and the Map Pack 2 was bought forward from 1st April to 30th March because they do not want to lose players to MW2.

Barad
03-18-2010, 07:30 PM
lots of dlc gets delays. why does it have to directly be EAs fault? could be DICE, could be Microsoft! you know the servers had loads 4 times the peak load of any other battlefield game? they have had a lot to do so you can enjoy the game with few problems.

if they didn't care, you would still have problems with servers and other things.
a delay does not mean weeks of waiting.

the maps were changed from 4-1-10 to 3-30-10. nobody ever said maps come out on the 18th.

Fair enough but EA have gotten their repuation from these kinds of problems they incure.

SacredGamer
03-18-2010, 07:40 PM
WOW EA are gay first their servers now their delay on DLC? i bet this will never come out..

Its a bunch of weapon skins.
Lol.
Do you care that much.

luke391
03-18-2010, 07:59 PM
Lol.
Do you care that much.
i dont think anyone cares about anything beyond the 4 achievement/trophies =P or atleast i dont

as far as this delay i dont get it...

they JUST fixed the ps3 store and you would assume something that is done *you could have seen pics of it 2 weeks or so prior to release exact date is a bit fuzzy for me but i am sure it was there prior to the release* they add very little to the game IE their a skin and a costume change... the fact its been this long and it got delayed it makes me strongly dislike them

Barad
03-18-2010, 08:39 PM
Lol.
Do you care that much.

Nah its that man its just that I've never had a delay in DLC, i was quite looking forward to the new achiuevements this DLC offers but EA delaying did kinda bring me down the dumps a bit lol i dont really care its all good.

pined5551
03-18-2010, 09:40 PM
If the achievements were suppossed to be released today originally, how come no one knows what they are by now??

WeemanNewYork
03-18-2010, 09:47 PM
From Official Twitter:

Today's DLC on the in game store has had a last minute delay, we are working with our partners to have this released in the near future.

So when will it come out tmw or next few day?

Daggra
03-18-2010, 09:55 PM
Just saying, but the official Twitter says that it has to work with its partners, which means that there is a problem either on Dr. Pepper or Micro$oft's end. Usually, games get updated with new achievements long before the DLC even comes out, remember what happened with Halo 3 way back before any of the Mythic Map Packs came out? So, the achievements probably haven't been certified by Micro$oft yet.

dae giovanni
03-18-2010, 09:59 PM
the only thing i find annoying about the whole situation is how Dr. Pepper makes zero mention of the promotion on their website.

now, i'm not perfect-- it's possible that for all the looking i've done, i've simply missed it.

but their '2010 Dr. Pepper EA Games Every Bottle/Cup Wins' promotions page references Battlefield Heroes, Mass Effect 2, The Sims 3, Spore... and that's it.

i feel like i'm completely missing something, here...

IncensedCape
03-18-2010, 10:22 PM
lol its cool ardenfast i think it is considered a new map pack cuz there NEW maps ahah

They're not new maps, jesus christ some people are fucking thick on this forum.

Laguna Presa is currently available in Conquest and Arica Harbor is in Rush. All DICE have done is to spend a day, max, on changing the spawns on each map and adding MCOM stations / flag points and they have the balls to call it a 'Map Pack'. It should be called a 'Gamemode Pack'.

Mystrytrky
03-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Sure, I'm kind of disappointed by the lack of DLC today as well (though, admittedly, I wasn't really aware of it until seeing this thread today), but you ought to just be a little more patient. Stuff like this happens - I know it seems to happen a lot more with certain people because some people in this world just take a really long time to learn a lesson - so let's all just deal with it.

There are so many other items of entertainment out there that can tide us over while we wait a little longer.

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to this stuff when it is finally available.

Barad
03-18-2010, 10:26 PM
I dont get it though is it where if anyone buys a Dr Pepper in the US and get a code to get this DLC free or is there a limited amount of these exclusive Dr Pepper codes? I know anyone outside the US have the oppurtunity to buy the DLC right? Well i hope..

DusanMandic219
03-18-2010, 10:36 PM
does this mean the DLC slated for the 30th is gonna be delayed too?

IncensedCape
03-18-2010, 10:42 PM
does this mean the DLC slated for the 30th is gonna be delayed too?

I doubt it very much. They know that tens of thousands of players are going to be getting the (overpriced as hell) map pack for MW2 so DICE basically have to release their gamemode pack on the same day or they're going to lose a lot of players.

Chronic Comando
03-18-2010, 11:21 PM
A delay from EA, wow is that a surprise! <sarcasm>, they can't even get their servers ready for an A-game launch, not to mention the pre-order and VIP CRAP they pull (pre-orders specials on about EVERY EA game). I'm pretty sure most of us on this site aren't rich and rent a lot to pound through games, pre-order specials are our enemy! Too bad EA exclusivly owns a lot of titles and licenses (NFL).
I'm gonna call Battlefield complete at a full 1000 gs, and leave it at that, screw the delayed DLC!
Final Fantasy XIII here I come!
Gamefly open rental slot here you come!

DAUNTEDFLETTY
03-19-2010, 01:26 AM
Lol.
Do you care that much.

Im interested in what the 12 new awards are going to be as i dont have many left off the original ones to collect . i hope they are nice and time consuming to keep me going.

Rjk117
03-19-2010, 01:42 AM
I doubt this is the kind of delay that takes more than a few
days to fix.

MajorBertolli
03-19-2010, 01:48 AM
I don't see why it has to be delayed. If this is so simple why not just give it out already.

bigbubba
03-19-2010, 04:22 AM
They're not new maps, jesus christ some people are fucking thick on this forum.

Laguna Presa is currently available in Conquest and Arica Harbor is in Rush. All DICE have done is to spend a day, max, on changing the spawns on each map and adding MCOM stations / flag points and they have the balls to call it a 'Map Pack'. It should be called a 'Gamemode Pack'.

so do we not get the africa harbor map anymore? i play rush, and what you trying to say? just cuz some people get it wrong doesn't mean you have to be a thick fuck yo self

Mystrytrky
03-19-2010, 04:26 AM
They know that tens of thousands of players are going to be getting the (overpriced as hell) map pack for MW2 so DICE basically have to release their gamemode pack on the same day or they're going to lose a lot of players.
It's good to see that you are 100% on your opinion about the difference between a map pack and the 30th DLC. No slipping up from you when talking about it. ;)

And I agree with you. The maps already exist, just being expanded or shrunk

Rolyatkcinmai
03-19-2010, 04:50 AM
so do we not get the africa harbor map anymore? i play rush, and what you trying to say? just cuz some people get it wrong doesn't mean you have to be a thick fuck yo self

Hahaha, oh God this post is lol. I'm not usually one to stand up for IncestRape, but he's right. There are some thick people in here.

Yeah, they had to take Arica Harbor and turn it into a conquest map so you can't play it in rush anymore. Also, if you send naughty pics to your girlfriend, make sure you ask her to send them back when you break up.

bigbubba
03-19-2010, 04:59 AM
Hahaha, oh God this post is lol. I'm not usually one to stand up for IncestRape, but he's right. There are some thick people in here.

Yeah, they had to take Arica Harbor and turn it into a conquest map so you can't play it in rush anymore. Also, if you send naughty pics to your girlfriend, make sure you ask her to send them back when you break up.

thank for being a asshole, but any how, so you cant play that map on rush anymore so they just re did it and it takes its place?

Natetendo83
03-19-2010, 05:02 AM
Arica Harbor for rush mode isn't going anywhere. They are just adding it into the Conquest rotation as well. So after March 30 - Arica Harbor playable in Rush and Conquest

bigbubba
03-19-2010, 05:07 AM
then why is dumbass up there saying they are takin it out of rush mode? or am i missing something?

IncensedCape
03-19-2010, 10:44 AM
It's good to see that you are 100% on your opinion about the difference between a map pack and the 30th DLC. No slipping up from you when talking about it. ;)

And I agree with you. The maps already exist, just being expanded or shrunk

No dumbass, I'm calling it a 'Gamemode Pack' because that's all it is, not because I'm wrong.

Aww, thanks Roly :p

Barad
03-19-2010, 11:41 AM
This is insane i mean army of two dlc and new cheevos got released today, the exotic pack for nfs shift is coming out soon with new cheevos but this..noooooo. :mad:

pined5551
03-19-2010, 01:26 PM
This is insane i mean army of two dlc and new cheevos got released today, the exotic pack for nfs shift is coming out soon with new cheevos but this..noooooo. :mad:

I just hate how we don't know what they are yet. It's BS, i don't mind waiting at all. I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE ACHIEVEMENTS ARE DAMMIT, LOL!!!

IncensedCape
03-19-2010, 01:30 PM

I think you need to calm down about this DLC :p Yes, it's been delayed and that's not cool, but you've made about 40 posts complaining about it. It's not as if it's an amazing bit of DLC either - the only reason people actually want this is because of the achievements. I'm sure your gamerscore will survive for another few days without the extra few points ;)

Barad
03-19-2010, 01:56 PM
I think you need to calm down about this DLC :p Yes, it's been delayed and that's not cool, but you've made about 40 posts complaining about it. It's not as if it's an amazing bit of DLC either - the only reason people actually want this is because of the achievements. I'm sure your gamerscore will survive for another few days without the extra few points ;)

I know your right i don't really care about the actuel DLC because its only gonna have some new skins and shit but I'm just saying can they atleast tell us what the new achievements are gonna be?

Mystrytrky
03-19-2010, 02:58 PM
No dumbass, I'm calling it a 'Gamemode Pack' because that's all it is, not because I'm wrong.
You obviously do not understand sarcastically veiled praise... I've read every comment in this thread and know what's going on. I was commenting on how you indeed called it a gamemode pack because that is what it is, while other people in this world may slip up in a conversation and refer to something like this as a map pack [out of habit] even though their stance on it is that it is a gamemode pack.

Also, before you are rude how 'bout you finish reading my damn comment, such as the portion that says blatantly that I agree with your stance as well. No once do I have the words "you're wrong" typed in my comment.

Mystrytrky
03-19-2010, 03:11 PM
then why is dumbass up there saying they are takin it out of rush mode? or am i missing something?
Just being a sarcastic asshole.

Nothing in terms of modes and map availability is changing; DICE is just taking two preexisting maps, adding a game mode to them, calling them a "map pack," delaying the camo/gun skins DLC that this thread is actually concerned with, and generally causing havoc across the gamer forums.

So, cheers to them!

Barad
03-19-2010, 10:46 PM
So whats the date this is being delayed to ?

Poppygalaxy
03-19-2010, 10:49 PM
30 i believe, it was that the last time iv'e checked.

Barad
03-19-2010, 10:51 PM
30 i believe, it was that the last time iv'e checked.

Ok cheers Pops, ahh thats not too long away then i guess! all good :)

a blind beggar
03-20-2010, 12:08 AM
there's no date for the Dr pepper one yet,just the ,maps...i think

bigbubba
03-20-2010, 12:22 AM
well i'm still confused a little i have heard so much from different people! I would just asked an other question, but then i am being thick

mejimmeh45
03-20-2010, 09:43 AM
I bet they will be for getting all the weapons in each class.

Zarkykins
03-20-2010, 09:47 AM
I bet they will be for getting all the weapons in each class.
But what if you have all the weapons already? When you get the new DLC you're unlocking the camo weapons. I could see it more as getting all three awards per each class.

Barad
03-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Wonder what the awards be like if theres no new weapons..

Zarkykins
03-20-2010, 10:24 AM
Wonder what the awards be like if theres no new weapons..
Shit...that's a really good point. It would have to be something pertaining to the camouflage if anything because the weapon related pins already exist.

Barad
03-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Shit...that's a really good point. It would have to be something pertaining to the camouflage if anything because the weapon related pins already exist.

Yhh your most probably right like getting certain amount of kills with this camo selected and such. cool.

Poppygalaxy
03-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Yhh your most probably right like getting certain amount of kills with this camo selected and such. cool.

It can perhaps be to kill X amount whit the UMP from behind??

It got a silencer so perhaps. hmmm

Barad
03-20-2010, 12:05 PM
It can perhaps be to kill X amount whit the UMP from behind??

It got a silencer so perhaps. hmmm

Possibly, never though of that actually good suggestion.

a blind beggar
03-20-2010, 12:29 PM
it has a gap for another gun or two in each class so i think it'll be a different gun but with camo but still the same gun with the same stats,if that makes sense:P

Zarkykins
03-20-2010, 12:32 PM
it has a gap for another gun or two in each class so i think it'll be a different gun but with camo but still the same gun with the same stats,if that makes sense:P
I would dig it if you could start over the amount of kills on the gun so you could get more experience for using the gun by getting the stars. But that is a totally logical reason for that extra gun slot.

Tommycbs
03-20-2010, 12:32 PM
im hopeing there cheap.

Zarkykins
03-20-2010, 12:33 PM
im hopeing there cheap.
You use EA/Dr. Pepper promotion codes to unlock it.

Barad
03-20-2010, 01:16 PM
You use EA/Dr. Pepper promotion codes to unlock it.

But for the people who dont have the codes can buy the DLC with ms points right?

Zarkykins
03-20-2010, 01:28 PM
But for the people who dont have the codes can buy the DLC with ms points right?
I haven't heard anything on the M$ points will unlock it or not. I don't see why they wouldn't. They'd bank even more than they would with the Dr. Pepper promo I bet...

WeemanNewYork
03-20-2010, 02:36 PM
If new achievement is not coming out soon. So will it be out on March 30th?

Barad
03-20-2010, 02:45 PM
If new achievement is not coming out soon. So will it be out on March 30th?

As far as i know, yh! ;)

Hot Juicy Pie
03-20-2010, 02:49 PM
I haven't heard anything on the M$ points will unlock it or not. I don't see why they wouldn't. They'd bank even more than they would with the Dr. Pepper promo I bet... Not really, I can see Dr. Pepper really paying out the ass for that big of a contract.

Zarkykins
03-20-2010, 02:59 PM
Not really, I can see Dr. Pepper really paying out the ass for that big of a contract.
Yeah...that is true... I can't imagine the cost of an in-game advertisement, let alone something this big.

bigbubba
03-20-2010, 11:04 PM
I say if it is not cheap or watever then we go on strike!

Barad
03-21-2010, 01:05 PM
I say if it is not cheap or watever then we go on strike!

LOL sounds good to me! :p

KwH x Fatality
03-21-2010, 04:58 PM
What is this Dr Pepper map pack?

All i know is that there is gonna be a map pack out (Arica Harbor can be played in Conquest and Acama Desert can played in Rush) and that there will be new gun thingys out (with cheevos).
The map pack is coming out April 1st.
And that the cheevo thingy will be released on March 30th to challenge COD. (Apprently)

My mate said that the DLC with achievements are gonna be 320MSP and free for Limited Edition users, is this true?

Rolyatkcinmai
03-21-2010, 05:26 PM
What is this Dr Pepper map pack?

All i know is that there is gonna be a map pack out (Arica Harbor can be played in Conquest and Acama Desert can played in Rush) and that there will be new gun thingys out (with cheevos).
The map pack is coming out April 1st.
And that the cheevo thingy will be released on March 30th to challenge COD. (Apprently)

My mate said that the DLC with achievements are gonna be 320MSP and free for Limited Edition users, is this true?

Everything you said is wrong.

1. There is no Dr Pepper map pack.
2. The map pack and the guns are separate.
3. The map pack is coming out March 30th, not April 1st.
4. The Dr Pepper camouflage packs have been delayed. No known release date.
5. The Dr Pepper DLC is the one with the achievements, not the map pack.
6. The map pack is free for people who bought the game new. There is no announced price for others.
7. The Dr Pepper DLC requires you to buy Dr Pepper (in the US) or there may end up being a MS point purchase for it as well.

iKiddo
03-21-2010, 06:16 PM
Map packs are VIP only.

Barad
03-21-2010, 09:34 PM
Everything you said is wrong.

1. There is no Dr Pepper map pack.
2. The map pack and the guns are separate.
3. The map pack is coming out March 30th, not April 1st.
4. The Dr Pepper camouflage packs have been delayed. No known release date.
5. The Dr Pepper DLC is the one with the achievements, not the map pack.
6. The map pack is free for people who bought the game new. There is no announced price for others.
7. The Dr Pepper DLC requires you to buy Dr Pepper (in the US) or there may end up being a MS point purchase for it as well.

That explains so much! Thank you.