PDA

View Full Version : The pacific

mclinton92
03-15-2010, 11:11 AM
If anyone loved band of brothers and doesn't live under a rock, you wouldve most likely seen the pacific the other night. Although its not out here in Australia for another week, id like to hear what you guys thought of it.

Also a question for the people who have, does it have the gripping characters like BOB?

exo-apollo
03-15-2010, 01:44 PM
So far so good, the characters are setting up to be quite memorable, though like BoB there is always the lingering fear that any one of them could suddenly die. Excellently shot and you can see that shimmering Queensland heat ;). Really looking forwards to next weeks episode.

B1GM13
03-15-2010, 02:30 PM
ah man, not starting in the UK till next month,

but hoping it's as good as BoB,

that is the only box set i've sat and watched non stop in one day / night.

Mosizzle313
03-15-2010, 04:21 PM
I saw a commercial about it but I'm not really sure what it's about. I know it has something to do with Marines but I'm not positive. It looked like it'd be good though.

X monkfish69 X
03-15-2010, 10:44 PM
I'm really looking forward to this and I'm hoping that I can get to watch it in HD. I still have to sit and watch BoB, but Saving Private Ryan is one of my favourite films of all time, so I'm sure I'll love both of these series'.

When does it start in the UK ?

XxBlueSpade2xX
03-16-2010, 11:02 AM
I watched the first episode last night. As far as I can tell, the characters are going to be set up to have great stories. The first episode was an introduction to the Pacific Theater. There was a little bit of character building, but not a whole lot. I loved it BTW.

paulo79
03-19-2010, 12:25 PM
It starts over the Easter weekend in HD on Sky Movies

Code of Conduct
03-21-2010, 11:36 AM
I saw a commercial about it but I'm not really sure what it's about. I know it has something to do with Marines but I'm not positive. It looked like it'd be good though.

It's pretty much about these two guys who wrote probably the best memoirs of WW2 Japan and their experiences in the war. These two guys are Eugene Sledge and Robert Leckie. The whole series is about there experiences along with John Basilone, another veteran of WW2.

BTW guys, the main characters dont really get killed off. Kinda obvious Eugene Sledge and Robert Leckie dont die because they wrote the memoirs.

domn8rdom
03-24-2010, 06:36 AM
2 episodes in. and i was hooked after the first one. great show

BadMan Andy 92
03-26-2010, 10:00 PM
its gunna be SICKKKK

Vonzipper
03-26-2010, 10:14 PM
So it has already aired in America then?

I think it starts here in the UK Easter Monday. I actually cannot wait, BoB was stunning. :)

Tyly Mafiooso
03-28-2010, 09:11 AM
I've been waiting for this for 2 years now. Last night watched it and loved it! I gotta feeling this is gonna be at the same level as BoB to say the least.

golobayj
03-28-2010, 09:14 AM
I'm pretty excited to check this series as well. I might just have to wait until they have all aired and watch them all at once. I get too anxious for the next one if I have to wait for each new episode.

HarperBird
03-29-2010, 01:14 AM
It has been truly awesome so far and you know its gunna get better...can't wait for the next episode!!!