PDA

View Full Version : Power morphers? megazords? 2010? Uh uh...Not buyin' it...

ApochWeiss
03-15-2010, 12:53 PM
BUY IT! Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, the original 1993 series was remastered and airing every Saturday here in the States. WHY WASN'T I TOLD?!

YouTube- MMPR v2 Episode 1 part 1

YouTube- MMPR v2 Episode 1 part 2

A little cheesy but good to see it back on the air waves regardless. I don't know if it's still on now or not, not sure how many episodes they have set to go through one season, and how many the original season had, but they're up to episode 12 already. You can find them on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=scottasl#g/u

This guy's got all 12 so far.

edit: AND because I feel as giddy as a fat school boy in a candy store right now after learning of all this...Here's episode 1 of the new Super Sentai series that's airing right now. Thank god for Youtube...

YouTube- Goseiger - Episode 1 Part 1 (Eng Sub)

YouTube- Goseiger - Episode 1 Part 2 (Eng Sub)

YouTube- Goseiger - Episode 1 Part 3 (Eng Sub)

I'm a little disapointed so far...this season of Sentai is basically Dragon Ball meets Yu-Gi-Oh.

Massa Siggy
03-15-2010, 12:58 PM
Good to see this stuff again. I used to watch this show religiously as a kid.

Good times...good times.

ApochWeiss
03-15-2010, 01:06 PM

Good times...good times.

Honestly I think I'd rather the original run just re-aired instead of this remastered one. They turned it into a comic book type thing, which I can deal with, but all the damned stock footage! :mad: I know it's been a long running season overseas, and our MMPR was, what, Season 7 or 8 of the original Super Sentai series. The show we got (season 1 at least, not sure on the others) was maybe 80% stock footage from that season of Super Sentai, I think it was esimated at MAYBE 6 minutes of new footage with the actors of our series.

Looked it up real quick. Super Sentai, started in 1975, still filming today. 34 seasons. Damn...MMPR got canned here in the States...

ChaosGod87
03-15-2010, 02:35 PM

Good times...good times.

Same here man, good times, lol.

I found this guys channel the other day, http://www.youtube.com/user/powerrangerguy as far as I can tell, he has pretty much every episode from season 1 to 6. :)

Evo Kazz
03-15-2010, 02:54 PM
I watched some of this as an older teenager, my youth was all about M.A.S.K, Thundercats, Transformers and He-Man, Hell I even watched She-Ra!! Not to forget Visionaries! one of the cartoons ever made! But as my daughter got older she started watching Power Rangers. I watched some with her and it was great to watch again, we really liked Dino Thunder!

Nozza XBA
03-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Good times, good times!

I used to watch this as a kid, but they mainly show the newer episodes on the kids channels now here in the UK.

I even remember gettnig a pirate copy of the movie lol. Was filmed in the cinema and I remember someone getting up in the middle of the film and seenig the black outline of there body..

I loved power ranged as a kid (which kid didn't?) but if these episodes were shown again I dont think I could bring myslef to watch it.. I'll probably get frustrated after a while at how chessy it is.

laundryman
03-15-2010, 07:33 PM
Best series ever! They have so many branch offs of the original. I always liked the Lost Galaxy and Time Force series (thanks to Wikipedia I remember the names of the series' :p). The movie was pretty entertaining too.

On a side not, they have pretty stereotypical outfit colors and I cannot believe that I never noticed that.

Purge
03-15-2010, 07:37 PM
Dragon Power Ranger Ball Z!!!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

I WON'T BE ABLE TO SLEEP WITH THAT AWESOME IDEA IN MY HEAD.

Yu-Gi-Oh? Actually.. maybe I will.

Kirye
03-15-2010, 07:38 PM
Woooow... Nostalgia, I has it. XD I forgot how corny the series was, but it was nice to relive my childhood for a bit.

laundryman
03-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Dragon Power Ranger Ball Z!!!!!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

I WON'T BE ABLE TO SLEEP WITH THAT AWESOME IDEA IN MY HEAD.

http://blog.jkbutcher.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/exploding-head-3.jpg

Achroth
03-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Omg thank you sir for giving me the power to travel back in time. You sir have made my day today. Thanks

Emfulz
03-16-2010, 03:05 AM
I might have to tune in a few times to remember my past :p I'll probably tune in all the time though. Now hopefully this means we'll see the whole MMPR on DVD:)

ApochWeiss
03-16-2010, 03:19 AM
I might have to tune in a few times to remember my past :p I'll probably tune in all the time though. Now hopefully this means we'll see the whole MMPR on DVD:)

I hope I hope I hope I hope I hope ...

Really, I wish they would just bring the Sentai series over already. It's much better in comparison. That and Kamen Rider of course :D Sadly I guess any show outside of Power Rangers fails here in the States. We had the one Ultraman series from Japan airing on Fox at one point but it didn't do so hot. Don't know if they cancelled it or let it run to the end and never picked up the next season/series.

Parasite Steve
03-16-2010, 06:04 AM
"Half Rate Henchmen" and "Cosmic Clay Cohorts"... Why don't we have shows this awesome anymore!?
Aw Man I missed these.

bapae
03-16-2010, 03:39 PM
Oooohhh man i love MMPR. But i what i really wanna see is Voltron.

Tussell
03-16-2010, 05:43 PM
This is some pretty old news.
They also relaunched the toy line as well.

Volzagia
03-16-2010, 05:54 PM
Epic win! Good to see they brought back the original :woop:

Melanopterus
03-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Wow the memories....