PDA

View Full Version : nuka-cola quantum scavenger

Balmung03
03-15-2010, 08:29 PM
After watching several of my friends playing this game, I finally picked up the GOTY edition for myself and started playing a couple days ago. Not too long ago while on the molerat repellent quest for moira, I happened upon a Scavenger and his dog near Anchorage Memorial. I wanted to buy his Nuka-Cola Quantum, and exited the conversation to save (to see if I could pass the speech check to half his price, of course). However, he was in the process of "fleeing," which transitioned into him attacking some centaurs across a span of I'm guessing an old dried up river. He eventually died, seeing as I couldn't accurately damage the centaurs from that far away. My question is, does this scavenger respawn, or is he dead for good? If he is dead for good, is the scavenger a random occurence (with an infinite limit)?

I just wanted to know, because if I don't have to worry about not being able to find the same guy again for more quantums, I can continue with my file; otherwise, I'm gonna have to find a way to save his ass.

I apologize if this is already somewhere else on the forums, but I tried searches using the keywords "scavenger" and "quantum" and couldn't find what I was looking for. All I could find was evidence that the scavenger exists, nothing about whether he respawns.

True I Skill
03-15-2010, 09:40 PM
hm i dont think he does, and im sure it was only 1 he had :S
But he really does not matter, You can find Plenty of quantems in the wasteland, i had about 15 in my vending machine and had completed the quest on my old save you dont need to bother trying to save him or anything. just search locations carfully and you'l find the drinks arround the place.

McGoogles
03-16-2010, 12:01 AM
There should be at least 1 Nuka-Cola Quantum in every new location or building you discover. So don't worry about this guy. You probably would've got scammed from the merchant anyway.

kiratachibana
03-16-2010, 04:00 AM
If you still cannot find enough, there is a perk called "Quantum Chemist" (req: lvl22, sci 70) that can turn 10 nuka cola to 1 quantum.

KarmaDog214
03-16-2010, 08:22 AM
The scavenger doesn't respawn; however, there is a slight possibility you may come across the same encounter in a different location. Also, there's a 10% chance you'll find a Nuka Cola Quantum in Nuka-Cola Vending Machines, so be on the lookout for those; a good scavenger always keeps his/her balls on the prize.

Kreegles
03-18-2010, 04:56 PM
There should be at least 1 Nuka-Cola Quantum in every new location or building you discover. So don't worry about this guy. You probably would've got scammed from the merchant anyway. Every building? Try maybe about maybe 1 in 10 buildings you enter will have a quantum.

McGoogles
03-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Every building? Try maybe about maybe 1 in 10 buildings you enter will have a quantum.

Every new location that you discover should have at least 1 nuka-cola quantum in a building at that location. About 6/10 times you will find a quantum at a new location. I have all the quantums, I think I know what I'm talking about.

Kreegles
03-19-2010, 02:21 PM
Every new location that you discover should have at least 1 nuka-cola quantum in a building at that location. About 6/10 times you will find a quantum at a new location. I have all the quantums, I think I know what I'm talking about. Being that there is about half the quantums in the game than there is buildings....

Mister Buds
03-19-2010, 03:54 PM
there's 187 locations in the base game with 82 nuka cola quantums. that brings it to about a 45% chance of there being a quantum in a newly discovered location. however that chance is significantly decreased since most locations have multiple quantums. i.e. eulogy jones' pad. also a few are actually in the wasteland, just near locations. i'd say you have close to a 25% chance of finding one in a new location.

Kreegles
03-19-2010, 06:19 PM
there's 187 locations in the base game with 82 nuka cola quantums. that brings it to about a 45% chance of there being a quantum in a newly discovered location. however that chance is significantly decreased since most locations have multiple quantums. i.e. eulogy jones' pad. also a few are actually in the wasteland, just near locations. i'd say you have close to a 25% chance of finding one in a new location. Thank you! At least someone knows what I'm talking about.

Juiceh
03-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Here's a list of all Nuka Cola Quantums, with detailed guides where they're located:

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Nuka-Cola_Quantum

BrandAid1138
03-19-2010, 06:59 PM
i just finished the Rescue from Paradise quest (Eulogy Jones) and killed everyone there. in Jone's building there were a bunch of nuka-cola quantums (6 - 8). That's the most I have found in one place so far.

I've found a couple in vending machines too. Just be on the lookout for the bright blueness and you're golden.

McGoogles
03-19-2010, 11:54 PM
Being that there is about half the quantums in the game than there is buildings....

It's most likely that there will be one Nuka-Cola Quantum in one building at a new location. I'd say 5 or 6 times out of 10 that this will happen. Does that float your boat, buddy?

Kreegles
03-22-2010, 03:19 PM
It's most likely that there will be one Nuka-Cola Quantum in one building at a new location. I'd say 5 or 6 times out of 10 that this will happen. Does that float your boat, buddy? My boat has been floated by the guy that posted earlier kthx.

This Guy2801
03-24-2010, 07:28 PM
anyone else occasionally retarded enough that they see a glimpse of blue, run over and realise its a toy car? haha :D

Kreegles
03-25-2010, 01:16 PM
anyone else occasionally retarded enough that they see a glimpse of blue, run over and realise its a toy car? haha :D Done this lol.