PDA

View Full Version : Simon Pegg Movies

tuC0M
03-16-2010, 03:42 AM
Anyone else like Simon Pegg movies? Shaun of the Dead is a classic and I'm watching Run Fatboy, Run right now.

Something about that dry English humor really speaks to me.

VeNGeD
03-16-2010, 03:47 AM
Watch the tv show Spaced, you will not be dispointed... By far the best thing he has been in, wrote as well.

Havn't actually seen Run Fatboy, Run, might give it a watch sometime but it didn't really seem as good as the other movies he has done.

Massa Siggy
03-16-2010, 03:48 AM
Simon Pegg = win

SharksInYourMouth
03-16-2010, 04:02 AM
The first movie I saw that had Simon Pegg in it was Shaun of the Dead, great movie. And Hot Fuzz was pretty good if I might add. I have yet to see Run Fatboy, Run. Nick Frost is also a great actor. :)

tuC0M
03-16-2010, 04:58 AM
Update:

Not as funny as Shaun of the Dead (hard to match) but a good movie overall and has it's funny moments.

How To Lose Friends & Alienate People is another one worth watching. Viewer beware there are penises.

A ZombieTwinkie
03-16-2010, 05:01 AM
Yea. I enjoy Simon Pegg and his movies. I've seen and own 'Shaun of the Dead', 'Hot Fuzz', 'Run Fatboy Run' and 'How to Lose Friends and Alienate People'. I've seen bits of that tv show and cracked up every time.

He's a real entertaining actor and I'm looking forward to whatever else he does. Haven't been disappointed yet by one of his movies.

Pootcrum
03-16-2010, 05:04 AM
Yea. I enjoy Simon Pegg and his movies. I've seen and own 'Shaun of the Dead', 'Hot Fuzz', 'Run Fatboy Run' and 'How to Lose Friends and Alienate People'. I've seen bits of that tv show and cracked up every time.

He's a real entertaining actor and I'm looking forward to whatever else he does. Haven't been disappointed yet by one of his movies.

Get Black Books. It was a UK comedy that ended a few years ago or something. Very similar humour, Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey star in it. Theres one ep at the start of the 3rd season with Simon Pegg.

B1GM13
03-16-2010, 09:05 AM
Gotta love Hot Fuzz.

he does spring up in some random roles though... i mean Band Of Brothers he appeared, Star Trek.

brilliant British actor though!

jtr1gg3r
03-16-2010, 11:25 AM
Hot Fuzz is the shiz! Shaun Of The Dead as well! Both two of my favourite films

Reppin Cornetto's as well XD

this is funny as shit, its my TEXT TONE AS WELL HAHA!

YouTube- Hot Fuzz - Simon Pegg - Jog on!

also I dont know if anybody has seen this but its funny as shit

YouTube- Alan Partridge meets The Milky Bar Kid

HacksawDoomx187
03-16-2010, 11:51 AM
I'm a big fan of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz and I hear he was excellent in Star Trek.

padraiglovesyou
03-16-2010, 01:38 PM
I only really liked Hot Fuzz, it made me lol something terrible.

MrSpanner
03-16-2010, 02:41 PM
Very god movies. Gotta love Hot Fuzz, especially the shootout:uzi::uzi::woop:

Tussell
03-16-2010, 05:50 PM
To be honest, the only movie I really 'love' is Shaun of the Dead. The only other film I saw of his, which I also own, is Hot Fuzz, however, I didn't really like it anywhere near as much as I liked Shaun of the Dead.

I have yet to see Run Fatboy Run, but I heard it's only decent from well over half the people that I've heard even mention it.

Melanopterus
03-16-2010, 07:52 PM
Ok Simon Pegg= great actor

However he does not write all his movies so it kind of bothers me when people act like he does (not saying you guys are). I just know a few people that have given him credit for work he did not do.

Either way he is an amazing actor and an amazing writer... I am very excited for the new Wright/Pegg movie though ^_^

Burning Karma
03-17-2010, 01:50 AM
Yes! After seeing Shaun of the Dead (which is now my favorite movie; I watch it any time it is on), I started keeping up with him and watching any movie he is in. By far the best two he's been in are SOTD and Hot Fuzz (last 15 or so minutes of this one is pure win).

jtr1gg3r
03-17-2010, 12:09 PM
The last thing I heard was that the next Pegg/Frost movie would have Seth Rogen in it

It was in ZOO magazine about a year ago =P

Sambuca Queen
03-17-2010, 03:50 PM
I adore this man and all his movies. Spaced was the first thing I seen him in yearsssssss ago lolz. Then Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz, Run Fatboy Run and finally Star Trel. Theres a movie hes in with David Schwimmer my ex has, but I refuse to watch it. Scwhimmer makes me ill!

Tussell
03-17-2010, 04:32 PM
The last thing I heard was that the next Pegg/Frost movie would have Seth Rogen in it

Now that would be a great combination. I love that crew!

http://i42.tinypic.com/dmr2w3.jpg

I'd love to see Jason Segel in it as well! He's my fuckin' boy! :p

shilbo-assassin
03-17-2010, 04:49 PM
I'm probably the only person I know who didnt laugh once during Shaun of the Dead - I just didn't find him/that film funny.

Sambuca Queen
03-18-2010, 12:42 AM
http://i42.tinypic.com/dmr2w3.jpg

I'd love to see Jason Segel in it as well! He's my fuckin' boy! :p

Id defo tap him XD Smexy man!!

Svenndarkheart
03-18-2010, 01:54 AM
Hott Fuzz watch that movie

MGMT
03-19-2010, 05:21 PM

Yeeeah, it's called Paul. And i'm really excited, two "comic book geeks"
and an alien? with that line-up? shiiiiiii

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1092026/

and his other movie with, Tim Curry and Andy Serkis, another "gotta see"

rvlution
03-20-2010, 09:41 PM
I've only seen Hot Fuzz but it was hilarious. I liked how it had a good mix of action and comedy. Except some of the violence caught me off guard. Not that I didn't love it though lol.

Tussell
03-20-2010, 09:43 PM
I've only seen Hot Fuzz but it was hilarious. I liked how it had a good mix of action and comedy. Except some of the violence caught me off guard. Not that I didn't love it though lol.
You definitely need to see Shaun of the Dead than. It's seriously about 100 times better.

Then again, it could just be because horror films are my favorite type of movies, and a parody of them is just awesome. However, a lot can be bad, an example being Scary Movie 4.

Definitely check it out as soon as possible though! It's an instant classic!

XxBlueSpade2xX
03-21-2010, 06:56 AM

From the IMDB cast list it looks like an Apatow/Pegg mashup.

Volzagia
03-22-2010, 03:03 PM
Simon Pegg = win

:goodpost:whs

Jud3n
03-22-2010, 03:49 PM
i love the edgar wright films he does and he was easily one of the best in star trek, he hasn't really made a terrible film yet...Paul should be good

Creazil
03-23-2010, 04:46 PM
I've only seen Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and How to lose friends and alienate people. I love all three and Sean Pegg really is amazing. You should see the gag Derren Brown did with him about the red bike birthday gift :P

tuC0M
03-25-2010, 05:47 AM
Saw this online a few years ago and just remembered it. Classic bit, probably from the TV show someone mentioned that used to be on. Guarantee you'll love it.

YouTube- Do You Speak English? - Big Train - BBC comedy

Tufty
03-25-2010, 07:51 AM
Simon Pegg sucks! Simon Pegg + Nick Frost = Win!

Sambuca Queen
03-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Saw this online a few years ago and just remembered it. Classic bit, probably from the TV show someone mentioned that used to be on. Guarantee you'll love it.

YouTube- Do You Speak English? - Big Train - BBC comedy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxUm-2x-2dM)

BIG TRAIN FOR TEH WIN :woop:

midnightninja318
01-01-2012, 12:32 PM
I Liked Him In The Star Trek Film

hydrosugar
01-02-2012, 03:52 AM
Shaun of the Dead is awesome. Attack the Block reminds me of it even though it doesn't actually have him in it. Ive also seen hot Fuzz and Paul, also pretty good films.

tehapoc
01-02-2012, 04:28 AM
Though a TV series, Spaced was kinda cool too.

Spaced - Unspoken Male Telepathy - YouTube

Smoochy
01-02-2012, 04:51 AM
I really like Hot Fuzz and Shaun Of The Dead. Simon Pegg is brilliant. I even enjoyed Paul, even though I'm not a big Seth Rogen fan.

I want to see Run Fatboy, Run and How To Lose Friends & Alienate People.

Matt36
01-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Only recently cared for his stuff recently. I picked up Spaced for 3 in a sale and really enjoyed it. Moved on to Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz then Paul. Really enjoyed them. Not the best films, but enjoyable on a lazy day.

I even liked him in Star Trek!

x CrazyTurkey x
01-08-2012, 07:48 AM
I love Simon Pegg! Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz & Paul are some of my favorite comedic movies of all time. I still have not seen Run, Fatboy Run, though now that I am reminded of its existence I will look it up!

rob magic
01-08-2012, 10:09 PM
Quick rundown of what I have seen with Simon Pegg starring
Shaun of the dead - Brilliant movie
Big nothing - Bit of a let down to be honest also has David Schwimmer aswell
Hot fuzz - Great movie
Run fatboy run - I enjoyed it
How to lose friends and alienate people - Pretty good also stars Megan Fox
Burke & Hare - Turned it off half way through. Garbage.
Paul - Found it really funny

Speirs
01-14-2012, 12:18 AM
Hott Fuzz was definitely hilarious. I haven't seen him in anything recently, but he is a really good actor.